2008 Mitsubishi Colt
Mitsubishi will unveil at Frankfurt Motor Show the 2008 Colt, best-seller status for Mitsubishi Motors in the region. Since Mitsubishi launched the Colt, in 2004 there were 205,561 cars (3-door, 5-door and coupe-cabriolet included) sold. New Colt has successfully re-established the “Colt” nameplate in many a major European market, like Italy (9,122 units for CY2006 / + 8% in Europe’s largest B-segment market) or Germany (20,129 sales for CY2006 where it commands a 3.5% market share in the segment).
2008 Mitsubishi Colt
More so as the B-segment is one the toughest in Europe, involving all the mega-budget big players and driven by the introduction of new models.
As a further evidence, in B-segment-orientated Southern Europe, Colt sales increased in Spain by 24.3% during CY2006, with the sporty 3-door variant representing 45% of the total.
Representing nearly 30% of Mitsubishi Motors Europe sales, this CO² friendly range remains an essential pillar for the dealer network to attract newcomers to the Brand (over 70% conquest rate – 2006 data) and also to retain existing multi-motorized Mitsubishi customers looking for a smaller vehicle to second their Pajero, their L200 or their Grandis.
Capitalizing on this success, Mitsubishi Motors has committed investment for short- and mid-term actions to enhance Colt’s appeal with (further) potential customers.
The Colt family now benefits from several trim, equipment and color changes:
- New 15” and 16” alloy wheels*
- New metallic colors (Sparkling Black, Cranberry Red, Glamour Grey)
- New seat fabrics (black/red -3-door only-, grey -5-door only- or black*)
- New translucent elements colour (grey instead of blue)
- New shift boot colour (black instead of blue) Auto light and rain sensor available for high grades
At the same time, Colt will welcome a new pan-European special action model available with both
the 3 door and 5 door bodystyle*. Sporty in spirit, as it suits Mitsubishi Motors products, these latest limited editions will feature:
- Black headlamps
- Darkened rear combination lamp reflectors
- Blacked-out A-, B- and C-pillars
- Privacy glass (5-door only)
- Black side sills and lower section of bumpers (5-door only)
- Rear roof spoiler (3-door only)
- New 16” alloy wheels
- Front fog lamps
- Rain sensor
- Auto headlamps
- MP3 functionality
- Unique seat fabric
- Black dashboard and door trim panels
- Black perforated leather for steering wheel and M/T shift knob
Available in the two new colors (metallic Cranberry Red and metallic Glamour Grey) as well as metallic Lunar Silver and solid Porcelaine White, these new variants will be offered with all Colt powertrains (1.1 / 75 ps, 1.3 / 95 ps, 1.5/109 ps, 1.5 DiD / 95 ps), except the 1.5 Turbo, and in both manual and Allshift automated manual gearboxes.