2010 Peugeot 207
Peugeot will add starting this summer the new 207 facelift to its line-up. By the end of the first half of 2009 Peugeot will have completely modernized all its vehicles in this segment.
On the exterior the new 207 will feature a redesigned front combining natural dynamism with a softer visual look, spectacular new rear lights using panels of luminescent diodes and more body colored surfaces and chrome detailing.
Press release after the jump.
With its three body shapes, each bursting with appeal, the 207 moved into the pole position in the European small car market in 2007 and then remained there in 2008 with sales of 423,700 units.
However, in the summer of this year, the 207 will become even more visually appealing due to the introduction of a number of new features, allowing it to:
- win new admirers with a more distinctive elegance but still maintaining a personality full of dynamism;
- attract previous and existing owners (1,460,000 207s were produced to the end of April 2009) who, once or even twice before, will have approved of its innovative profi le and
- original styling which are well above average for the segment.
In day-to-day use to continue to win the hearts of its customers through its charm, its blend of comfort and driveability, its low running costs and high levels of standard equipment. With the new 207, Peugeot, the European leader in the B2 segment in 2008, once again demonstrates its small car expertise. By the end of the fi rst half of 2009 Peugeot will have completely modernised all its vehicles in this segment.
The 107, the ideal urban car in the B1 segment, compact and easy to drive, was given a new design at the front in January 2009 that added a touch of class to its young and trendy image. In March 2009, the 206+ was introduced to continue the 206 legend with a new goal: that of a versatile entry level vehicle in the B2 segment with proven qualities and a refreshingly modern design featuring all the current Peugeot styling cues.
Finally in July, the 207, the “star of the small car market” will fi nally see its appeal enhanced in three key ways.
HIGH-LEVEL VISUAL APPEAL
Exterior Styling Changes:
- a redesigned front combining natural dynamism with a softer visual look;
- more body coloured surfaces and chrome detailing;
- spectacular new rear lights using panels of luminescent diodes (hatchback and CC).
A more luxurious passenger compartment with:
- new trims and detailing placing emphasis on perceived quality, comfort and dynamism;
- new instrument panel designs with a more modern look and visual appeal.
AN EVEN GREATER COMMITMENT TO REDUCING FUEL CONSUMPTION AND PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT:
- thanks to particularly fuel effi cient engines with reduced greenhouse gas emissions;
- through the optimisation of the rolling resistance of the tyres to reduce fuel consumption;
- through “very low fuel consumption” optimised not only aerodynamically
- (exceptional Cx of only 0.274), but also by operation of the engine itself and
- rolling resistance, allowing CO2 emissions to be reduced to 99 g/km;
- through the gradual deployment of engines meeting the Euro5 emission standard;
- through the introduction of a gear change indicator on manual gearbox engines
- encouraging the driver to drive in a more environmentally efficient way.
INTRODUCTION OF NEW EQUIPMENT ENHANCING BOTH COMFORT AND DRIVING SAFETY
- WIP Bluetooth® system;
- impulse direction indicators;
- remote controlled window closure (hatchback and SW);
- one-touch operation of the driver’s electric window on the 207 CC.
The 207 family, therefore, builds on its basic strengths: excellent primary, secondary and tertiary safety and innovative hi-tech equipment.
It also reaffi rms its distinctive appeal in each of its different body shapes:
- the 207 hatchback, three or fi ve doors: Elegant and user-friendly, dynamic and sporty, it offers a unique blend of comfort and driveability as well as remarkable versatilit;
- the 207 SW and SW Outdoor: An attractive aesthetic balance, a bright interior and remarkable practicality: all major benefits with, for the Outdoor version, an added
- taste of adventure;
- the 207 CC: Europe’s leading cabriolet, all categories combined, offers an attractive style coupled with the dynamism and safety that are the foundation of its appeal.