2007 Pontiac Solstice
The Solstice is a true sport car with a near 50/50 weight distribution for balanced handling and feel. The model features rear-wheel drive, four-wheel independent SLA suspensions and 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels. Drivers have a choice between a standard Aisin five-speed close-ratio manual transmission and an optional five-speed automatic.
2007 Pontiac Solstice
Horsepower @ RPM:177@6600
Torque @ RPM:166@4800
The ’07 Pontiac Solstice continues to be well-equipped with a variety of comfort and convenience items appreciated by enthusiastic drivers. Standard equipment includes two-way power driver seat height adjuster, racing-inspired sport bucket seats with convenient seat cushion and seatback storage, leather-wrapped manual shift knob, AM/FM and CD stereo with six speakers, rear window defogger, rake-adjustable steering wheel, dual-stage frontal air bags and easy-to-operate cloth convertible top with glass backlight.
Additionally, several option packages are available:
Preferred Package – includes power locks, mirrors and windows, along with remote keyless entry
Convenience package – includes cruise control, driver information center and fog lamps
Premium package – includes leather seating surfaces (Ebony or Steel/Sand two-tone), leather-wrapped steering wheel and steering wheel radio controls
Other options and accessories include sport metallic pedals, rear spoiler, Latte-color cloth convertible top, air conditioning, carpeted floor mats, MP3-capable CD player radio, MP3-capable radio with six-disc in-dash CD player, Monsoon Premium seven-speaker system, OnStar and XM Satellite Radio.
With a wide variety of programming, XM has something to excite any driver. Whether you want to be entertained or informed, to laugh, think or sing, XM has the perfect channel for you – coast-to-coast, and in digital-quality sound.
Solstice is available in seven bold exterior colors, each inspired by a personality trait: Aggressive (red), Cool (silver), Deep (blue), Envious (green), Mysterious (black), Pure (white) and Sly (gray). A new premium exterior color, Mean (yellow), is also available at extra cost.
For 2007, OnStar-equipped Solstice models will feature a new service called OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation, the first factory-installed, fully integrated GPS navigation system from OnStar. Turn-by-Turn allows consumers to talk to a live advisor, who in turn sends complete step-by-step directions to customers’ vehicles through their OnStar system. These audio directions automatically play through the vehicle’s stereo as needed, triggered by the OnStar system’s GPS capabilities. This enables drivers to be led to their destination while keeping their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
OnStar-equipped Solstice models feature dual-mode (analog-digital) equipment. OnStar’s digital equipment includes enhanced hands-free voice recognition capabilities including more intuitive continuous digit dialing and improved voice recognition accuracy.
The OnStar service also includes the General Motors Advanced Automatic Crash Notification (AACN) system, making crash data available to the participating 911 centers to help them dispatch the appropriate life-saving personnel and equipment to crash scenes faster.
Standard excitement, solid performance
Solstice uses independent short/long arm-type suspensions at the front and rear to give it a responsive, road-gripping driving feel. Other driver-focused features include:
- Bilstein coil-over monotube shocks at all corners
- Rack-and-pinion steering (power assisted)
- Eighteen-inch aluminum alloy wheels
- P245/45R18 all-season tires
- Four-wheel disc brakes
- Available limited-slip rear differential
- Cockpit-style instrument panel with motorcycle-inspired gauges
- Short-throw shifter
The Solstice’s four-wheel disc brakes consist of 11.7-inch (297 mm) ventilated front rotors and 10.9-inch (277 mm) rear rotors, which combine to provide assured braking capability. ABS (with dynamic rear proportioning) is available.
The Solstice is powered by a 2.4L Ecotec four-cylinder engine that produces 177 horsepower (132 kW) at 6600 rpm and 166 lb.-ft. of torque (225 Nm) at 4800 rpm.
Power output aside, the 2.0L Turbo version shares a number of traits with its naturally-aspirated sibling in the Ecotec family. The features include:
- Dual overhead camshafts (DOHC) and four valves per cylinder
- Twin counter-rotating balance shafts
- Low-friction, roller-finger follower valvetrain with hydraulic lash adjusters
- Low-maintenance chain-drive for the camshafts
- Extremely compact dimensions and low mass
- Direct mounting of all accessories to the engine structure to eliminate common sources of noise, vibration and harshness
- Full circle transmission attachment is more rigid than most 4-cylinder powertrains for reduced noise and vibration
- GM Oil Life System for optimum oil change frequency (included with optional driver information system)
- No routine maintenance apart from oil/oil filter changes
- Innovative cast-in oil filter housing eliminates crawling under the car to perform oil changes. The design also eliminates throwaway oil-filter “cans” that retain used oil that typically end up in landfills
A 3.91:1 axle ratio is standard on the base level Solstice with the five-speed manual powertrain.