2010 Renault Clio Gordini R.S.
The French company, Renault, announced that it has cracked open its ordering books and are now accepting the orders that come through for the Clio Gordini RS. The Clio Gordini RS model is set to go on sale this June. In France, the model will be priced at €26,400.
Like the Twingo Gordini RS, the new Clio Gordini RS is distinguished by a Malte Blue body colour, gloss black front bumper centre section and rear diffuser, glacier white F1-style front splitter and exterior mirror housings, 17-inch BeBop aluminium alloy wheels with the choice of black or blue inserts, a Malte Blue rear spoiler, and satin-finish chrome side air extractors.
The interior will get blue and black leather Gordini-embossed upholstery, leather-trimmed steering wheel, Gordini-badged metal gearlever knob and blue gaiter, gloss black centre console, fascia inserts and air vents, and Gordini-badged carpet mats.
Press release after the jump.
Order books for Clio Gordini R.S., which is due to go on sale in June, are now open. In France, prices for Clio Gordini RS start from €26,400. As is the case for its smaller sibling, Twingo, Clio Gordini R.S. is essentially a Renault Sport model. Its equipment specification features all the best features of the mainstream Clio range, plus an unmistakable ’French Touch’:
· Its Malte Blue body colour is set off by its celebrated white stripes with a’G’ motif, as well as White and gloss Black details:
- Gloss Black front bumper centre section and rear diffuser,
- Glacier White F1-style front splitter,
- Glacier White exterior mirror housings,
- diamond-effect 17-inch BeBop aluminium alloy wheels with the choice of black or blue inserts,
- ’Gordini Series’ badging on the body sides,
- Malte Blue rear spoiler,
- satin-finish chrome side air extractors.
· The Gordini touch is very visible inside the car, too, thanks to its striking blue and black interior trim:
- blue and black leather* Gordini-embossed upholstery,
- leather-trimmed** steering wheel: upper part in blue, with two white stripes indicating the straight-ahead position,
- Gordini-badged metal gearlever knob and blue gaiter,
- Dark Charcoal front and rear door trims with visible grey stitching,
- numbered Gordini plate,
- visible stitching to the fascia,
- white rev-counter,
- Gloss Black centre console, fascia inserts and air vents,
- Gordini-badged carpet mats.
Clio Gordini R.S. can also be ordered in Profond Black, Glacier White or Pearlescent Givre.
A QUALITY PACKAGE
The latest version of Clio is manufactured at the Alpine-Renault factory in Dieppe, Normandy, and comes with all the features developed by Renault Sport Technologies for Clio R.S. to do justice to Gordini’s glorious motor sport heritage.
The powertrain of Clio Gordini R.S. functions in perfect harmony with its ultra-efficient chassis to deliver outstanding driving enjoyment. Indeed, the wizards at Renault Sport Technologies have received numerous awards for their work on Clio R.S. which is widely acclaimed as the most efficient hot hatch in its class.
Clio Gordini R.S. packs all the ingredients that have helped forged the success of Renault Sport models over the years:
- specific running gear and Sport chassis: the independent steering axis front suspension arrangement guarantees precise handling and traction in all conditions,
- powerful, fade-free braking thanks to Brembo callipers and large discs,
- a high-performance normally-aspirated engine: with a power output of more than 100hp/litre, its
peak power is 147.5kW (203hp), yet combined cycle fuel consumption stands at a very reasonable 8.2 litres/100km, equivalent to 195g of CO2/km.
AN EQUIPMENT PACKAGE WORTHY OF MUCH BIGGER CARS
Clio Gordini R.S.’s equipment specification puts it at the very top of its class:
- diamond-effect 17-inch aluminium alloy wheels with black inserts,
- additional cornering lights,
- driver and front passenger front airbags + lateral driver and front passenger thorax airbags + front and rear head curtain airbags + anti-submarining airbags incorporated in front seat cushions,
- electrically operated, heated and folding exterior mirrors,
- Carminat TomTom® navigation, incorporating IQ Routes™*,
- cruise control with speed limiter,
- hands-free card,
- automatic climate control,
- automatic headlamp activation and rain sensor,
- fully disconnectable ESP, with traction control and understeer control,
- 4x20W radio with steering wheel-mounted fingertip remote control, single CD player with MP3 playback and separate display,
- Plug&Music connectivity (USB, 3.5mm jack) for iPod® or MP3 player, plus audio streaming,
- extra-tinted rear glass,
- Gordini-badged carpet mats.
- Heated front seats €210
- Panoramic opening roof (without white stripes) €590
- Diamond-effect 17-inch BeBop aluminium alloy wheels with blue inserts €100
- Rear parking proximity sensors €250
- Malte Blue or Profond Black metallic paint €410
- Pearlescent Givre paint €1,600