Shelby Mustang Turbo package
Besides the F150 Super Snake Concept, Shelby also revealed in Las Vegas (not SEMA), a new turbocharged package for 2007-2008 Shelby GT’s and 2005-2009 Ford Mustang GT’s with a manual transmission. The cost of the package is $22,599, not including the car.
The package uses a Turbonetics single-turbo system that increase the output of the 4.6-liter V8 engine to an amazing 550 hp. Besides that the package also features: Shelby Pro-Plus 4 wheel brake system and a performance suspension, Borla dual exhaust, Shelby Bar Grille and stripes and 18” X 9” chrome aluminum wheels.
Press release after the jump.
Executives with Shelby Automobiles, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK) unveiled a new turbo based post-title package for 2007-2008 Shelby GT’s and 2005-2009 Ford Mustang GT’s with a manual transmission. The 550 horsepower “Shelby Turbo” package boosts not only the car’s output, but also enhances the handling, braking and looks of the venerable pony car.
“In 1985, Carroll used a turbo to turn Chrysler’s K Car into a rocket,” said Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Autos. “Though we’ve offered supercharged packages for vehicles for several years, many enthusiasts longed for a turbo option because of the different driving characteristics offered with this type of force induction. The Shelby Turbo was created to fulfill that need.”
The turbo was developed with the help of California based Turbonetics. Since 1978, Turbonetics has been the leading source for turbochargers and forced induction components.
“Turbonetics has the unique ability to combine our individual component specialties with precise engine tuning to create incredibly reliable and powerful bolt-on forced induction systems,” said Brad Lewis, president of Turbonetics. “We were excited to work with the Shelby Autos team on designing and engineering a solution that is the first 50 state and CARB compliant turbo system in history for their post-title packages.”
Mustang Racing Technologies of Plymouth was also involved in the program.
“As the vehicle integrator for this project, I was responsible for matching the Shelby brand attribute requirements to the appropriate solution,” stated Scott Hoag, founder and president of MRT. “It was a challenge as the Shelby Autos team wanted the package to be 50 state and CARB compliant while also meeting rigorous performance standards. The result is a robust package that is worthy of the Shelby name.”
The package can be applied to a 2007-09 or Shelby GT 2005-09 Mustang GT at the Las Vegas Shelby facility or one of its mod shops. The installed package costs $22,599, not including the car. Standard components include:
- Shelby/Turbonetics Turbocharger with 550 HP (at the crank)
- Short throw shifter
- Shelby Pro-Plus 4 wheel brake system
- Performance suspension with Caster/Camber Plates
- Borla dual exhaust
- Shelby Bar Grille and stripes
- Shelby Gauge Pod and Shelby Signature Gauges
- Serialized dash and engine bay plaque, as well as a Certificate of Authenticity
- Shelby Functional Deep Draw hood with pins
- Shelby Turbocharged Floor Mats
- Specific 18” X 9” Chrome Aluminum Wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1 275/35/18 tires
Optional equipment includes:
- Shelby GT-H Front Fascia and Shelby Rear Fascia
- Baer 6-Piston Extreme front and rear brake kit
- Front Brake Ducts
- Performance clutch
- Eibach Pro-2 Coil-Over Shocks and Struts
- Eibach Pro Sway Bar Kit and Eibach Pro Alignment Kit
- 1” drop Lower Ball Joints
- Bump Steer Kit
- Upgraded front lower control arm bushings
- 8-point roll cage