2011 Subaru Forester
Subaru has announced a long list of updates for the 2011Forester SUV. The list of improvements starts with a new engine for the 2.5X models. They get a new 2,498 cc engine delivering 170 HP and 174 lb.-ft. at 4,100 rpm. This engine delivers 21 mpg city / 27 mpg highway.
The 2.5X Touring models receive new HID headlights (low beam) with automatic height adjustment, a display audio system with backup camera, dual zone automatic climate control, silver finish roof rails, electroluminescent gauges, and side mirrors with integrated turn signals.</p
Also, depending on the model, Subaru is offering new standard audio system, iPod control capability, USB port and Sirius Satellite Radio capability, a new TomTom Navigation System for the 2.5X Premium that includes removable 4.3-inch touch-screen portable navigation device, Bluetooth, Sirius Satellite Radio capability, new 17-inch alloy wheel, and new body-color roof spoiler on 2.5XT models.
Updated 09/24/2010: Subaru today announced prices for the 2011 Forester. The 2.5X manual version is priced at $20,495 and the automatic version at $21,695. The 2.5X Premium manual version is priced at $23,195 and the automatic version at $24,195. The 2.5X Limited is only offered in an automatic version and is priced at $26,495. The 2.5X Touring is priced at $27,995; the 2.5XT Premium at $26,995 and the 2.5XT Touring at $29,995.
Press release after the jump.
2011 Subaru Forester
- All-new engine for Forester 2.5X models (turbocharged 2.5XT retains current engine); new bore/stroke dimensions with slightly longer stroke; displacement slightly larger (2,498 cc vs. 2,457 cc); chain driven double overhead cam vs. belt driven single overhead cam before; 170 horsepower is same as before, at slightly lower rpm; torque is up to 174 lb.-ft. at 4,100 rpm (vs. 170 @ 4,400 rpm); fuel economy is improved: 2011 manual and automatic transmissions — 21 mpg city / 27 mpg highway vs. 2010 20/27 for manual and 20/26 for automatic.
- New 2.5X Touring positioned above Limited: features HID headlights (low beam) with automatic height adjustment; display audio system with backup camera; dual zone automatic climate control; silver finish roof rails; electroluminescent gauges, and side mirrors with integrated turn signals.
- 2.5XT models now include 2.5XT Premium and 2.5XT Touring, the latter replacing 2.5XT Limited as top Forester model.
- 2.5XT Premium gets new 10-way power driver’s seat.
- Bluetooth® standard on all but base model.
- Backup camera standard on 2.5X Touring and 2.5XT Touring as part of new audio system.
- New standard audio system for 2.5X Premium and 2.5XT Premium: AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD player and six speakers; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth® hands free calling and audio streaming; iPod control capability; USB port and Sirius Satellite Radio capability.
- New optional TomTom Navigation System for 2.5X Premium includes removable 4.3-inch touch-screen portable navigation device; AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD/DVD player and six speakers; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth hands free calling; iPod control capability and USB port. Also, a backup camera is available as an accessory with this system.
- New audio system with rear camera for 2.5X Limited and Touring and 2.5XT Touring models: AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD/DVD player and six speakers; 4.3-inch display screen, Radio Broadcast Data System; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth hands free calling and audio streaming; iPod control capability; USB port and Sirius Satellite Radio capability. (The backup camera is standard on 2.5X Touring and 2.5XT Touring and available as an accessory for 2.5X Limited.)
- Driver’s auto up/down window with pinch protection (except base model).
- New 17-inch alloy wheel design for 2.5X Premium.
- New body-color roof spoiler on 2.5XT models