2008 Toyota Hi-CT
Toyota will unveil at the Tokyo Motor Show the Hi-CT ("hi ride city truck”) Concept, an edgy, urban vehicle. The Hi-CT aims to offer a new “coolness” and new ways to have fun as a departure from conventional vehicles—an edgy, urban vehicle inspired by the thinking and lifestyles of youth.
- Offers a new kind of automotive “cool” and sense of enjoyment.
- Has a new look unconstrained by conventional vehicle size (length 3,330mm x width 1,695mm x height 1,780mm).
- Adopts plug-in hybrid technology, which allows it to charge from an external power source and gives it a greater driving range when running on its battery-powered motor; by placing the battery under the floor, achieves a highly efficient cabin with a higher driver position.
- Comes with an AC100V accessory socket that enables stored electricity—made possible by plug-in hybrid technology—to be used for a variety of applications.
- Features a removable rear trunk and a deck where surfboards, bicycles and other equipment can be loaded.