2008 Toyota Yaris Club
The Yaris Club, revealed today at SEMA Show pays tribute to Toyota’s racing heritage harkening back to the late ‘60s when Toyota challenged for the Group 7 category of Can-Am racing with the Toyota 7.
The car is powered by a TRD/TTE Supercharger with Cold Air Intake that delivers with 60 hp more than the standard model, so the maximum power goes now up to 166 hp.
The Yaris Club is a single seater, with no roof and with the windshield lowered. The project also features: Five Axis Design Hard Top Tonneau Conversion, Toyota JDM Front and Rear Vitz RS Bumpers, Toyota JDM Vitz Rear taillight and Fog Light, TRD JDM Vitz RS Front Bumper Cover, Vintage Ivory White Paint with Asymmetrical Graphic Racing Stripe and Graphic Outputs by Sticky Fingers Design.
Press release after the jump.
2008 Toyota Yaris Club
The Yaris Club project pays tribute to Toyota’s racing heritage harkening back to the late ‘60s when Toyota challenged for the Group 7 category of Can-Am racing with the Toyota 7.
The Yaris Club is a stripped-down, no-nonsense car with no extras – only what is needed to perform. The roof has been removed and the windshield lowered. With the interior removed, a tonneau was fabricated, turning the Yaris into a single seater with a fairing that doubles as a driver headrest.
A supercharger, exhaust headers and a free-flowing exhaust were added for performance to back up the good looks. The suspension was lowered by two inches with front and rear coil-over shocks and larger brakes added. The Yaris Club was developed by Five Axis in Huntington Beach, Calif.
FIVE AXIS DESIGN YARIS CLUB SPECIFICATIONS
• Five Axis Design Hard Top Tonneau Conversion
• Toyota JDM Front and Rear Vitz RS Bumpers
• Toyota JDM Vitz Rear taillight and Fog Light
• TRD JDM Vitz RS Front Bumper Cover
• Vintage Ivory White Paint with Asymmetrical Graphic Racing Stripe
• Graphic Outputs by Sticky Fingers Design
• TRD/TTE Supercharger with Cold Air Intake Estimated (+60hp) 166hp Total
• DC Sports Tuned Header
• TRD Radiator and Oil Cap
• Hose Techniques Silicon Hoses and Clamps
• GReddy TIC Exhaust
• FIVE:AD S6:F Wheels
F: 17x7.5, +45
R: 17x7.5, +45
Satin Gunmetal Finish
• Yokohama / Five Axis Design Custom Tread
• Tein Super Street Damper
• TRD Strut Brace
• GReddy Mini 6 Piston Brakes
F: 282mm x 22mm
R: 282mm x 22mm
• Five Axis Design Custom Roll Cage
• Custom TRD JDM Gauge Pod
• TRD JDM Engine Starts Button
• Sparco 345 Steering Wheel
• Sparco Race Red Shift Knob
• Sparco Reflex Racing Pedals
• Upholstery by Salt Turin Upholstery
• Sparco Sprint 5 Racing Seat
• Sparco 6PT Racing Harness