2009 Hard Kandy Toyota Custom Yaris
Toyota came at the SEMA SHow with a customized Yaris, designed especially for the female buyers. The Hard Kandy Toyota Custom Yaris is painted in shades of pink, which includes swirling ribbons for movement, and flames to add an element of strength.
The Hard Kandy Yaris concept features a sport body kit, Toyota CAD roof end spoiler, and an Inalfa 845 Signature Series built-in sunroof, that features a one touch open and close illuminated switch that allows you to fully open, close, or vent the solar tinted glass panel, and convenient standard auto close.
Press release after the jump.
2009 Hard Kandy Toyota Custom Yaris
The Toyota Yaris is known for offering its owners a stylish package, with an emphasis on value. Yaris buyers have creative spirits and when it comes to their vehicle, these owners value a balanced blend of style and feature content to reflect their own personalities. Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. including their own Toyota Corporate Accessories Department (CAD), and some key aftermarket suppliers worked together to showcase an example of how a Yaris 5-Door Liftback can be customized to enhance its youthful attitude.
The Toyota custom Hard Kandy Yaris theme is focused on the female buyer, and shows how customization can reflect ones interest in music, media, and styling elements that are important to the young, independent woman. It also reflects a free-spirited outlook that is attainable for owners who value customization, and want to personalize their vehicle.
Visual Image Systems Co. produced the custom exterior wrap to serve as the foundation for the theme. The wrap incorporates a design in shades of pink, which includes swirling ribbons for movement, and flames to add an element of strength. The exterior wrap is complemented with a sport body kit, Toyota CAD roof end spoiler, and an Inalfa 845 Signature Series built-in sunroof, that features a one touch open and close illuminated switch that allows you to fully open, close, or vent the solar tinted glass panel, and convenient standard auto close. Toyota CAD supplied Pirelli PZero Nero tires and 18-inch maximum contrast wheels with machined and black finish to complete the exterior modifications.
The custom interior showcases Roadwire OEM Replacement Leather Interior and includes factory matching leather trim colors, as well as Alcantara, highlighted with custom embossments to match the interior and exterior graphics, and Toyota Yaris embroideries. Alcantara was used for custom seating trim, door panel inserts, and a complete headliner replacement. GGBailey.com provided custom carpeted floor mats featuring thickly serged edges and computer controlled embroidery depicting the Yaris name in pink, to complement the interior upholstery.
Ground Effects Limited further enhanced the interior by embellishing the door panels and center cluster with a pink lightening design using a seven-stage water-immersion image transfer process that instantly affixes any color, design, or pattern to a non-porous product. The pink lightening on the interior complements the exterior graphics theme and makes a statement that encompasses power, strength, and personalization.
Toyota CAD provided additional interior upgrades including an interior light kit, sport pedals, sport shift knob, and a Blu-Logic Bluetooth hands-free system. Performance modifications include an axle-back exhaust and a Fujita cold air intake system.
A premium audio/visual system was provided by Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. and allows the ultimate control of an iPod through a touch-screen control interface. West Coast Customs further enhanced the technology in the Hard Kandy Yaris by building a media center that dons an in-car computer and media management server provided by VMOD and a 7-inch LCD/TFT high resolution monitor provided by Vizualogic. This system is capable of getting 3G internet service allowing vehicle occupants the ability to stay connected to friends, family, and colleagues.
After its debut at the 2009 SEMA Show, the Hard Kandy Yaris will be used by Toyota, Alpine, and Roadwire for a variety of consumer and industry events.
Hard Kandy Toyota Custom Yaris Features
- Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.
- Classic Soft Trim
- GG Bailey.com
- Ground Effects Limited
- Inalfa Sunroofs
- Roadwire Leather Interiors
- Visual Image Systems Company Inc.
- West Coast Customs
- Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A. Corporate Accessory Department
Modifications and Accessories
- Visual Image Systems Company Custom Vinyl Wrap
- Inalfa 845 Signature Series In-Built Sunroof installed by Classic Soft Trim
- Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. Sport Body Kit
- Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. Sport Rear Spoiler
- Pirelli PZero Nero 215/35 X18 Tires
- XXR 001 18X7.5 Maximum Contrast Wheels with Machined and Black Finish
- Roadwire® Custom OEM Replacement Leather and Alcantara® Upholstery
- GG Bailey.com Custom Carpeted Floormats
- Ground Effects Limited Custom Hydrographics
- Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. LED Light Kit
- Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. Sport Pedals
- Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. Sport Shift Knob
- Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. Audio/Visual System
- Radio - IXA-W404
- Front Speakers SPR-17C
- Rear Speakers SPR-17C
- Amplifiers PDX-1.1000 (Sub)
- Amplifier PDX- 4.100 (Main)
- Subwoofers SWS-1023D (3 woofers in a ported tuned box for maximum bass output)
- West Coast Customs
- Vizualogic 7" LCD/TFT High Resolution Monitor
- VMOD In-Car Computer and Media Management Server
- BLU Logic® Hands-free System
- Dual Sport Exhaust
- Fujita Cold Air Intake system