2008 Volvo XC90 R-Design
Volvo Cars’ R-design programme - a sporty factory-fitted option package - is now also available for the Volvo XC90. R-design is tailor made for customers who want a car with refined attributes.
"The possibility of tailoring one’s car to suit personal tastes is becoming increasingly important to car buyers today. R-design has been developed for buyers who want a refined and sporty look for their cars," says Gerry Keaney, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Sales and Customer Service at Volvo Cars.
The R-design package for the Volvo XC90 is an extension of the XC90 Sport version that was introduced in the end of 2006. New R-design features are the optional 20-inch wheels, the dual exhaust pipes, a unique skid-plate and the R-design badges in the grille, on the steering wheel and on the seats as well as rear-view mirror caps in silk matt finish.
Features remaining from the XC90 Sport version are:
- Sport chassis
- Details and trim in a silk-matt finish rather than the standard chrome.
- Unique sill mouldings in brushed stainless steel.
- Sport steering wheel and gear selector of perforated leather and sports seats with additional lateral cushioning to support the driver, even in faster cornering.
- Seats with a combination of two different grades of leather, enhanced by décor piping in different colour shades.
- Instrument dials with metal chronograph watch-style faces and a shimmering blue lustre.
- Sport carpets with accent-coloured décor piping.
To accentuate the sporty nature and create a sleeker appearance, the vehicle is not fitted with roof rails - although they will be available as an option for customers who need them.