2009 MotoGP Race Report: Stoner comes in first at Sepang, Rossi wins the championship!
The past weekend’s race at Sepang in Malaysia was entirely dominated by Casey Stoner, who obtained his second consecutive win since returning in the championship. Second place was adjudicated by Dani Pedrosa, but the most important place in this equation is the third, obtained by Valentino Rossi and which brings the Italian MotoGP star the seventh world title in the premier class and the ninth world championship overall. Congratulations!
Race results are attached after the jump.
2009 Malaysian MotoGP Race Results:
1. Casey Stoner Ducati Marlboro Team 47min 24.834 sec
2. Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team 47min 39.500 sec
3. Valentino Rossi Fiat Yamaha Team. 47min 44.219 sec
4. Jorge Lorenzo Fiat Yamaha Team 47min 50.684 sec
5. Nicky Hayden Ducati Marlboro Team 48min 3.589 sec
6. Chris Vermeulen Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 48min 5.895 sec
7. Toni Elias San Carlo Honda Gresini 48min 13.389 sec
8. Marco Melandri Hayate Racing Team 48min 20.391 sec
9. Loris Capirossi Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 48min 25.137 sec
10. Mika Kallio Pramac Racing 48min 25.274 sec
11. Aleix Espargaro Pramac Racing 48min 26.489 sec
12. Alex de Angelis San Carlo Honda Gresini 48min 26.681 sec
13. Colin Edwards Monster Yamaha Tech 3 48min 35.612 sec
14. Gabor Talmacsi Scot Racing Team MotoGP 48min 40.685 sec
15. James Toseland Monster Yamaha Tech 3 49min 15.506 sec
Randy de Puniet LCR Honda MotoGP
Andrea Dovizioso Repsol Honda Team
Source: motogp via motoflash