2011 M55 Beast electric bike
Not only the automotive industry is strongly focusing on the electric market, but the motorcycles are also following the same direction. M55 has revealed a pretty impressive electric bike that not only delivers exceptional performance but great outlook as well. But as with the electric cars, the new M55 Beat is also a very expensive bike: $35.300.
The M55 Beast is powered by a EB-PC electronic motor unit that deliver 1500 Watts of power and can accelerate this machine to a stunning 40 mph and it can go as far as 75 miles with a single charge. Even off-road.
The bike’s major parts are custom made by our seasoned engineers, utilizing technologies and materials used in the Formula One and electric supersportcars: titanium, carbon fiber, CNC machining, brushless motor mechanism are just a few of them.
The new M55 Beast is designed for cross-country use. The weight of the motor and battery pack require burlier components which mean longer life-expectancy at the same time. The stopping power is delivered by the famed brake company, Brembo.
M55 Beast specifications after the jump.
- Material: 7075 Aluminum
- Construction: Self supported frame structure, integrated electric motor assist, integrated battery cell and hidden electric wiring. Single pivot suspension system, single piece cast swing arm 1:3 ratio.
- Suspension travel: front: 200 mm, back: 172 mm, for use with only disc brakes
- Frame size: 19”
- Color option: Custom design and color scheme for the batch of every 55 pieces
- EB-PC electronic motor unit, approx. 90% efficiency, drive-integrated rotation sensor, adjustable electronic assist. The rated speed is 2400 RPM, rated torque is 5.2 Nm. A speed reduction gear mechanism is integrated in the motor unit to increase the maximum assist torque to 104 Nm! Rated maximum speed: 77 km/h at 120 pedal cadence!
- Fork: Fox 36 160 Talas Fit RLC with Kashima coating
- Rear shock: Fox DHX RC4 with Nukeproof titanium spring
- Headset: Syncros FBI 1 1/8” semi-integrated
- Crankset: Custom made, aluminum alloy, 170 mm crank arm length, ISIS Drive compatible
- Bottom bracket: Custom made, CNC machined, heat treated steel spindle, ISIS Drive compatible
- Front chainwheel: Gebhardt GP custom made for the M55, 7075-T6 aluminum alloy, CNC machined, 5 mm width. 50 or 52T
- Chain: KMC X1, specifically developed for Rohloff internal gear hub
- Rear cog: Rohloff, 15T, 16T or 17T
- Gear change machanism: Rohloff Speedhub 500/14 tandem version
- Gear shifter: Rohloff twist shifter
- Brakes: Brembo front and rear, 203 mm floating discs, 2 piston design
- Brake levers: Brembo brake lever body, custom M55 brake lever design
- Rims: Syncros FR DS 32, 26”
- Front hub: Syncros FR 20mm Thru Axle
- Rear hub: Rohloff Speedhub 500/14 Tandem version
- Spokes: DT Alpine II, 2,34-2 mm
- Integrated handlebar and stem: Cast and CNC-machined custom model, 97 mm effective stem length, 741 mm handlebar width, integrated
- Grips: ZZYZX Carbo 4U
- Seatpost: Syncros Carbon Seat post, 31.6, 350mm
- Saddle: Syncros FR saddle
- Pedals: Syncros Meathook
- Head tube angle: 65 degree
- Seat tube angle: 73 degree
- Wheelbase: 1160 mm
- Chainstay length: 525 mm
- Top tube length: 567 mm
- tHorizontal top tube length: 587 mm
- Seat tube length: 518 mm
- Stepover height: 815 mm
- Bottom bracket height: 370 mm