Crossbow Kawasaki Powered Trike
The Crossbow is built on a tube frame and covered with a fiberglass body. The engine sits up front and drives a reversing gearbox. The rear wheel is currently belt driven but they may go with a chain depending on testing. A single 20×10 wheel in the back carries a BF Goodrich radial, front wheels are 17×7 also running BFG tires.
The transmission is the standard 6 speed and all controls are in the standard motorcycle configuration with twist throttle, left hand clutch and foot shift. They were careful to follow both Canadian and U.S. regulations for a 3 wheeled vehicle to make registration as easy as possible.
The whole unit weighs just 980 pounds and two months of road and track testing show 0-60 in 4.43 sec., quarter mile in 12.57 sec. They’re pretty happy with how everything works and handles but want to do a bit of restyling before launching the final product. They anticipate a launch sometime next year with price somewhere around $30,000 USD.
- Power: 1100 cc, DOHC, 4-stroke, 16 valve, 140hp, liquid cooled.
- Cooling: Racing radiator with electric fan.
- Transmission: 6 speed sequential
- Suspension: Racing coil over shock combination
- Tires: BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW - 17" front and 20" rear
- Weight: 980lbs
- Length: 134 in.
- Height: 55 in.
- Width: 56 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 8 US gallons
- 0-60 mph: 4.43 sec
- ¼ mile: 12.57 sec
- Braking: 30 - 0 mph, 31.5 ft.
Source: The Kneeslider