2012 Bajaj Platina
Bajaj Auto decided to upgrade its Platina model for the year 2012. The new version features a series of new graphics as well as new technologies. Apart from the new range of colors the 2012 model also features new levers, grips, mirrors and switchgear. Moreover, the new Bajaj Platina borrows some features and design cues from the Bajaj Wind and Bajaj CT 100 models.
At the heart of the bike beats a 124.6cc, 4 stroke, DTS-Si engine which delivers a maximum output of 8.5 bhp at 7000 rpm and 10 Nm of torque at 4000 rpm. As far as dimensions go, the Bajaj Platina is 1990mm long, 770mm wide and 1090mmtall.
The bike is also equipped with the ExhaustTEC system which is basically a small device incorporated in the exhaust system. This device improves engine torque at low revs without compromising anything at mid or high engine revs.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Bajaj Platina.
2012 Bajaj Platina
Engine:4 Stroke, natural air cooled
Horsepower @ RPM:4 @ 7500
Torque @ RPM:6 @ 4500
Top Speed:50 mph
|100cc Engine||Benefit to Rider: Legendary 4 stroke 100cc engine has established a benchmark in mileage in its segment. Platina delivers one of the best mileage in the class.|
|ExhausTEC||Benefit to Rider: ExhausTEC ensures lesser use of clutch and gearshifts resulting into higher mileage.|
|Ride Control Switch||Benefit to Rider: This feature helps in maintaining an economical speed to gain the maximum mileage.|
|Great Style||Platinum Silver colour with dazzling chrome graphics|
|Optoprism headlamp with clear lens blinkers|
|Unique streak design side panels|
|Sleek rear panels with fluid grab rail design|
|Graphite tint engine and transmission with black silencer and chrome heat shield|
|Silver coloured Alloy Wheel|
Great Convenience, Comfort and Safety
|Long Seat||Benefit to Rider: One of the longest and most comfortable seat makes Platina a perfect family bike.|
|Large wheelbase of 1275 mm||Benefit to Rider: A large wheelbase ensures stability of the bike and ensures safety of the rider.|
|SNS Suspension||Benefit to Rider: Coaxial spring with maximum travel of 100 mm ensures better ability to soak up bumps and potholes and prevents back pain.|
|Telescopic Front Suspension with maximum travel of 125 mm||Benefit to Rider: Best ride comfort on any kind of road surface and any distance.|
|Alloy Wheels||Benefit to Rider: Alloy wheels are lighter and stronger apart from providing smashing profile looks. It ensures nimble handling for superior agility.|
ExhaustTEC is a device incorporated in exhaust system of ‘Platina’ engine. ‘TEC’ stands for ‘Torque Expansion Chamber’. This world-first technology developed by Bajaj Auto improves the ‘Scavenging’ process.
The exhaust system of Platina has this revolutionary feature incorporated, which drastically improves engine torque at low revs without compromising anything at mid or high engine revs. It has been extensively optimised to get the maximum possible performance out of the engine.
Ride Control Switch
- This feature has been specifically introduced to enable the rider to have a non-distracting/non-intrusive indication of an impending change between Economy zone cruising and Power zone cruising. The entire concept is based on feel. Among the most sensitive parts for a motorcycle rider, his/her hands are the most sensitive. The changes in effort required to open the throttle can also be felt very sensitively.
- Once enabled, the throttle feel/force felt at the throttle will very immediately inform the rider that he is about to transgress the Fuel Economy zone. He does not have to look at the speedo console for speeds/rpms to be maintained, lights to glow or audible alarms to be heard.
- There is absolutely no safety issue, as there are no visual or audible distractions like the other systems. The rider can concentrate on the road/traffic conditions ahead and modulate the throttle, instead of his attention getting diverted. Being very simple and robust in design, there are virtually no chances of failure and it requires almost no maintenance.
- 4-stroke, 100 cc engine with Digital C.D.I. & TRICS III delivering 8.2 bhp (6.03 kW) @ 7500 rpm.
- Proven Platina engine delivers consistent and superior performance with great mileage of around 75 kmpl in a combined city and highway ride condition.
|Engine Type||4 Stroke, natural air cooled|
|Max Power||6.03Kw (8.2bhp) @ 7500rpm|
|Max Torque||8.05 Nm @ 4500rpm|
|Ignition Type||Digital CDI & TRICS III|
|Transmission Type||Constant Mesh Type|
|Suspension Front||Hydraulic, Telescopic Type, 125mm travel|
|Suspension Rear||Hydraulic, ‘SNS’ Type, 100mm travel|
|Tyre Front||2.75*17", 41 P|
|Tyre Rear||3.00*17", 50 P|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||13.0 L (Reserve : 2 L)|
|Headlamp||12V, 35W/35W (HS1)|
|Wheel base||1275 mm|
|Kerb weight||113 kg|
Bikedekho ---- "This time Bajaj Auto has launched New Bajaj Platina 125 in India. Although, it has a bike in this name. But the new bike has been loaded with new graphics and technology."
Hubpages.com ---- "The new Bajaj Platina is a best bike in this segment that comes with more stylish looks, eye-catchy features and its truly value for money"
Iloveindia ---- "Baja Platina borrows extensively from the Bajaj Wind and Bajaj CT 100 models."