2006 Benelli Tornado Tre 900
Exclusivity, design, determined character. This is the Benelli formula behind the Tornado Novecento Tre. The Tornado’s aggressive line is dynamic and light, partly because without a radiator the front is noticeably tapered.
2006 Benelli Tornado Tre 900
Horsepower @ RPM:134@11500
Torque @ RPM:70@8500
The Tornado is the only production bike with the radiator under the seat, drawing fresh air in through two dynamic ducts with two vertical inlets under the indicators.
This solution not only stops heat from building up at the centre of the vehicle, but also reduces the size of the front of the bike, making it more aerodynamic.
The philosophy behind the Tornado Novecento Tre is that of a bike built around the rider. The many aerodynamic tests carried out allowed the elimination of all turbulence which might tire the rider and disturb his/her driving.
In this way, the rider is perfectly integrated, becoming more at one with the bike. Fabulous colours and graphics enhance the Tornado’s lines. The bike is available in exclusive grey/green colours, in the aggressive red version and with elegant grey/black livery.
The frame was made by joining the front part, including the steering pivot and the side trellis frame structure made of molybdenum chrome steel to the rear part, made of cast aluminium alloy.
The two parts are made integral by strong screws securing the four trellises, which allow an extremely solid join, reinforced by structural gluing, as in the aeronautical industry, to completely exclude micro-movements and vibrations.
The front fork is made by Marzocchi to a Benelli design, with a pressed end and Ergal 55 tubes. The suspension has adjustable rebound, compression and spring pre-loading, so that the bike can be rapidly adapted to the rider’s preferences. The length-adjustable feature also allows the rear suspension to be raised or lowered according to the desired set up.
The Tornado Novecento Tre is the only bike in the world which uses the Extreme Technology rear shock with an Ergal 55 central body. As well as being stronger and lighter than the conventional models, its temperatures remain lower, providing constant performance.
- Engine 4-stroke, 3 cylinders in line, inclined forward 15°, equipped with anti-vibration counterbalance shaft
- Bore x Stroke 88 x 49,2 mm
- Displacement 898 cc
- Compression ratio 11:1
- Cooling system water cooling with rear mounted radiator, with two electric cooling fans
- Oil Coolingheat exchange
- Distribution double overhead cam shaft, chain-driven, with 4 valves per cylinder
- Lubrication wet sump
- Max output/rpm 100 kW at 11.500 rpm
- Max torque/rpm 96 Nm at 8.500 rpm
- Ignition electronic ignition
- Clutch oil bath
- Gearbox six gears, fully removable
- Cambio estraibile a 6 rapporti
- Transmission primary gears, final chain
- Frame mixed design. Front trusses in ASD tubular steel securely fitted with traction screws with aluminium alloy casting rear section. Steering head angle fixed 23,5°
- Suspension front: Marzocchi “upside down” stanchion fork Ø 43 mm, adjustable in compression and extension with spring pre-load;
- rear: asymmetric swingarm, composed of cast aluminium and pressed in aluminium alloy, with “Extreme Technology” single shock absorber, damping,rebound and spring pre-load adjustment
- Wheels Brembo gravity-cast aluminium alloy
- front 3,5”x17”, rear 6,00”x17”
- Tyres tubeless, radial,
- Front 120/70 x 17” - 120/65 x 17”
- Rear 190/50 x 17” - 180/55 x 17”
- Brakes Brembo;
- front: double floating disk, diameter 320 mm, with 4-piston caliper
- rear: with single disk, diameter 240, with twin piston caliper
- Dimensions wheelbase 1419 mm
- seat height 810 mm
- Dry weight: 198 kg