2013 Beta 300RR 2-Stroke
Meet the new 2013 Beta 300 RR which is a totally fresh motorcycle equipped with Beta’s fresh 2 stroke 300 cc engine. The new engine has been fully developed and tested by the Tuscany firm and respects the latest standards in terms of technology and performance.
The 2 stroke unit is mated on a six speed transmission and is brought to life by an electric starter that is smartly located under the engine to keep the motorcycle perfectly balance.
Like the 2013 Beta 250RR 2 Stroke, the 2013 300RR model also shares the same swingarm, wheels and bodywork as the 4T range. This makes it as agile and lightweight as its brothers.
The stopping power is handled by more rigid brake discs with a different profile and 6 mounting points to the hub, made of high quality steel.
Hit the jump for more information on the Beta 300 RR 2-Stroke.
2013 Beta 300RR 2-Stroke
New 2-stroke engines arrive to complete the RR Enduro 2013 range of the Tuscany firm
The introduction of new 2 stroke engines in the 2T RR Enduro range is one of the highlights of the history of Beta, after the return to the Enduro category in 2004 and the introduction of the 4-stroke engine "made in Beta" in 2009. These engines are the result of a work that lasted more than 24 months, they were completely designed by Beta and represent a new benchmark in terms of technology, layout and performance of a 2-stroke Enduro engine. Available in 250cc and 300cc displacements, they are manufactured, assembled and tested in-house, to ensure their quality and performance. Lightweight and equipped with the latest generation of technical solutions, they are characterized by very smooth and linear power delivery as well as a reference top power.
The chassis of the RR Enduro 2T has a dedicated frame with optimized geometry for the different characteristics of the bike compared to the 4T version. The suspension has a specific setting while swingarm, wheels, brakes and bodywork is shared with the 4T range. The bikes are characterized by a now-famous Beta behavior, they are easy to ride thanks to extreme tractability of the engine and the very low weight. The bike’s performance allow riders to compete at the highest levels, benefiting from a proven and improved chassis combined with an engine that is not only reliable and powerful, but also easy to use in extreme conditions.
- Available in 250cc and 300cc displacements, their bore and stroke are 66.4 x 72mm and 72 x 72mm that represent the best compromise to get the perfect power delivery and a solid feel of the torque needed.
- Crankcases are made by die-casting, to obtain lightness and stiffness simultaneously. They are entirely machined in-house to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Magnesium covers minimize the total weight of the engine.
- Crankshaft in two pieces, with polyamide inserts for proper balance and to eliminate the harmful empty volume in the crankcase and allows the best balance between inertia and mass.
- Forged two-ring piston provides reduced rotating mass while also improving durability.
- Cylinder obtained by die-casting with Nikasil treatment. Cylinder angle is 90 ° to provide a compact engine while moving the rotating mass close to the center of gravity of the motorcycle. The port layout is the result of a long process of design, fluid dynamics analysis and simulations, as well as a long set-up at the bench test and on the bike, to obtain delivery characteristics and maximum power that make this engine the new benchmark for the category. Furthermore the cylinder is equipped with resonator to improve power delivery at low revs and to have an engine always ready and easy to manage in the most extreme tracks.
- Cylinder head designed to obtain the best compromise between low-end power delivery and top speed.
- BPV (Beta Progressive Valve) system. The exhaust valve has been designed to have a progressive and independent opening of the main exhaust port and booster. This allows a broader powerband and eliminates "holes" in the torque curve, while also providing excellent top-end power delivery. The power valve is adjustable to allow riders to customize the behavior of the engine according to riding style and track conditions.
- Electric starter located under the engine to reduce center of gravity weight.
- PWK 36 Keihin Carburetor, the best quality to get great performance and ease of use.
- 6 speed gear box, proven design, extremely reliable as well as unsurpassed performance under all conditions.
- "VForce4" induction reed, equipped with stopper for greater reliability without compromise to performance.
- Steel exhaust and aluminum silencer made by the American FMF. They are the result of many tests and their geometry has been optimized to obtain smooth power delivery without sacrificing the maximum power.
- CDI and Ignition made by Kokusan for absolute reliability.
- The Frame of RR 2T ENDURO derived from the 4T version but with specific geometry for maximum performance in terms of handling and stability. As of 4T 2013 version, this frame benefit from the experience acquired on Factory models and has their same lightness and strength.
Complete new wheels thanks to:
- Brake discs with a different profile, more rigid with 6 mounting points to the hub, made of high quality steel, they provide extremely strong braking action as well as excellent feel.
- New hubs, lighter and more rigid at the same time.
- Rims with a new profile, more resistant to stress and very light at the same time.
- All new spokes
- Special inner tubes for a further reduction of weight.
The above leads to a weight reduction of 1.5 kg (3.2 lbs) total between the two wheels which provides a tremendous benefit in terms of ease in changing direction, greater acceleration and more effective braking.
- New swingarm made by a technology which allows reduced thicknesses, great rigidity and better weight distribution.
- 48mm Sachs front fork internal parts completely renovated and .48 kg spring. This allows a better control of the hydraulic system which results in further performance on both low and high speed conditions. In addition, the rebound setting is now managed by a knob for easy adjustment without tool.
- Rear shock absorber with improved settings, 4.8 Kg spring and a larger reservoir to provide a better control of the shock’s action, improved cooling and therefore better performance. In addition, the body of the shock absorber is now made of aluminum allowing a saving of weight of 300 grams (.6 lbs).
- Fuel tank designed to offer a better centering of gravity and allow quicker changes of direction. The area around the cap is now lower for better ergonomics and it has a capacity of 8 liters. Moreover its design improves the air flow from the radiators to help lower engine temperatures.
- New fuel tank cap with an external thread for easier opening and closing as well as to prevent dirt from falling into the tank.
- Seat with a profile that allows greater ease of movement thanks to a narrow upper part, in addition to being light weight.
- Quick-release seat system that is secured in the back to insure it will not come loose in extreme conditions.
- Radiator shrouds with a design that allows for better flow and increased air circulation in the area around engine head. Their shape provides a very slim feel for an improved riding position while also allows better airflow to the engine.
- Radiator grids with an optimized shape for directing a greater air flow towards the radiators, while providing the engine improved cooling under extreme conditions of use.
- New instrumentation, lighter, with a bigger display, better lighting and easily readable. In addition lights and arrows indicators are integrated, for improved ergonomics of the handlebar area.
- Rear subframe designed for strength and lightness while allowing quick removal of the rear shock.
- Plate support stiffened by ribs, to enable the use of bulky and heavy license plates too.
- Air filter box modified to match the new style of the bike.
- Forged aluminium side stand that is both light and super strong.
- Skid plate made of plastic material, lighter and "sliding" over the obstacles typical of Enduro tracks.
- DID o’ring chain for extreme smoothness and best quality.
- Graphics which emphasize the slim design of the bike and at the same time enhance the racing feeling.
|EngineType||Beta-Built single cylinder, 2-stroke, liquid cooled, with BPV power valve system and electric start with back up kick starter|
|Exhaust Valve||Beta Progressive Valve (BPV)|
|Spark Plug||NGK BR7ES|
|Carburetor||Keihin PXK 36mm|
|Final Drive||O-ring chain|
|Frame||All New (2 lb. weight savings) molybdenum steel/double cradle w/quick air filter access|
|Dry Weight||223 lbs.|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||2 US gallons|
|Front Suspension||48 mm Sachs USD fork, adjustable compression and rebound, TFX technology|
|Rear Suspension||New Aluminum Body Sachs shock w/adjustable rebound and hi/low speed compression|
|Front Wheel Travel||11.4”|
|Rear Wheel Travel||11.4”|
|Front Brake||260mm floating rotor|
|Rear Brake||240mm rotor|
|Front/Rear Rim||21” (Front) 18” (Rear)|
|Front/Rear Tire||Michelin Enduro Competition|
|Warranty||6 month Limited Warranty|
*Specifications subject to change without notice.