2013 Beta 520RS
Equipped with modern technologies and designed to offer first class ergonomics, the 2013 Beta 520RS is ready to go head on with the toughest terrains without backing down. The motorcycle rides on a pair of tough rims (21” front and 18” rear) wrapped in Michelin Enduro tires. The ride quality is assured by front 45mm Marzocchi USD forks and rear Sachs shocks.
At the heart of the 2013 Beta 520 RS is a fresh engine that features a redesigned cylinder head, reinforced camshaft bridge, valve retainers, and updated cam chain tensioner. The 497.4cc engine is linked to a modern six speed transmission which comes with a new clutch. The engine is mounted on a modern molybdenum steel frame with double cradle split above exhaust port.
Other modifications made for 2013 include the redesigned front headlight and front fender support.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Beta 520RS.
2013 Beta 520RS
2013 Beta 520RS Features
- New clutch primary gear and springs for better engagement and clutch action.
- Updated counterbalance bearings for increased reliability.
- Stronger cam chain guides
- Increased oil volume to the engine cam chain for reduced friction.
- New oil drain plug for easier oil changes.
- All new Sachs 48mm fork with TFX technology, developed by Sachs exclusively for Beta. This new design allows the fork to move through its stroke with very little friction.
- New SKF fork seals and wipers with self-lubricating compounds to also reduce stiction.
- New triple clamp to match perfectly with the new front fork.
- Redesigned frame with extra gussets as well as an increased tube diameter on the lower tubes. This new frame has less flex and has improved stability.
- New front and rear brake rotors.
- New Brembo clutch master cylinder for a better clutch feel and engagement.
- Redesigned muffler (Spark Arrestor) offers better flow while retaining a quiet exhaust note.
- Redesigned front headlight and front fender support
- Striking new red color for 2013
|Engine Type||Beta-Built single cylinder, Titanium 4-valve, 4-stroke liquid cooled, electric start with back up kick starter|
|Ignition||DC-CDI with variable ignition timing, Kokusan|
|Spark Plug||NGK LKAR8A-9|
|Lubrication||Twin oil pumps with cartridge oil filter. Separate oil for engine and clutch .8 liter each|
|Final Drive||O-ring chain, Regina|
|Frame||Molybdenum steel with double cradle split above exhaust port. Quick Air filter access from the side|
|Dry Weight||249 lbs. dry|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||2.1 US gallons|
|Front Suspension||45mm Marzocchi USD fork, adjustable compression and rebound|
|Rear Suspension||Sachs shock w/adjustable rebound and hi/low speed compression|
|Front Wheel Travel||11.4”|
|Rear Wheel Travel||11.4”|
|Final Gearing||14t front, 45t rear|
|Front Brake||260mm rotor|
|Rear Brake||240mm rotor|
|Front/Rear Rim||21” (Front) 18” (Rear)|
|Front/Rear Tire||Michelin Enduro, DOT approved|
|Warranty||12 month Limited Warranty|
*specifications subject to change without notice.