2013 BMW R 1200 GS TE
Together with the standard BMW R 1200 GS the German manufacturer is now offering the R 1200 GS Touring Edition which comes with a series of special features that make it the perfect Touring motorcycle.
The BMW R 1200 GS TE is a tough bike designed for tough riders and its versatility, reliability and performances make it one of the most wanted motorcycles in the segment.
Among the most important features offered by the BMW R 1200 GS TE you’ll find Enduro Automatic Stability Control (ASC), hand guards, ABS, cruise control, heated handlebar grips, chrome exhaust and tyre pressure control.
At the heart of the BMW R 1200 GS TE is an air/liquid-cooled, four stroke flat twin, 1170 cc engine which delivers a maximum output of 92 kW (125 bhp) at 7,750 rpm and 125 Nm at 6,500 rpm.
Hit the jump for more information on the BMW R 1200 GS TE.
2013 BMW R 1200 GS TE
Engine:Air/liquid-cooled four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft
Horsepower @ RPM:125 @ 7750
Torque @ RPM:92 @ 6500
Energy:Electronic intake pipe injection
Top Speed:124 mph
Like its legendary predecessor, the new R 1200 GS too is one of the most versatile motorcycles, with unrivalled performance both on and off road. Our aim is to deliver maximum riding pleasure in every GS that we produce, and with this in mind, BMW Motorrad presents the R 1200 GS Touring Edition which will be offered alongside the standard R 1200 GS here in the UK.
2013 BMW R 1200 GS TE Special Features
- Daytime Riding Light
- Led White indicators
- Left & Right Pannier Fastenings
- Hand Guards
- BMW Motorrad ABS
- Cruise Control
- Heated Handlebar Grips
- Chrome Exhaust
- Preparation for GPS Navigation System
- Dynamic Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA)
- LED Headlight
- Tyre Pressure Control
- On-Board Computer Pro
- Main Centre stand
- Enduro Automatic Stability Control (ASC)
- Magnesium cylinder head covers
- Air Liquid cooled flat twin four stroke engine with two over head, gear driven camshafts and balance shaft
- 6 Speed gearbox, helical toothed
- Stainless steel exhaust system with acoustic system
- Closed loop 3 way catalytic converter with oxygen sensor
- Shaft Drive
- 4 Valve Cylinder heads
- BMW Motorrad integral ABS (switchable)
- Rear suspension strut with travel dependent damping (WAD)
- Handlebar conical, without cross support
- Braided steel clutch hoses
- Braided steel brake hoses
- Prop stand with starter inhibit
- Hydraulic rear spring preload adjuster
- Single disc rear brake
- Twin disc front brake (EVO, 305mm dia.)
- Cast aluminium wheels
- BMW Motorrad telelever and paralever (EVO)
- Adjustable rear rebound damping
- Hazard warning flasher
- LED tail light
- Speedometer and revolution counter
- Info flat screen
- Power socket
- Low beam headlamp height adjustment
- Free-form surface headlights
- Electronic immobiliser
- Diagnostic interface
- Permanent headlamp beam
- White Indicators
- Single wire system (Can-Bus)
- Aluminium Sump guard
- Adjustable handlebar
- Centre stand
- Integral ignition switch and steering lock
- Adjustable handbrake lever and clutch lever
- Luggage rack
- One key system for ignition, steering, fuel filler cap, dual seat locks
- Passenger seat longitudinal adjustable in two positions
- Two section dual seat with variable height riders seat
- Windshield adjustable stepless by wheel
2013 BMW R 1200 GS Touring Edition Features and Benefits
• Enduro Automatic Stability Control (ASC) – the automatic stability control system limits the drive torque transferred from the engine as a function of the road conditions and therefore the coefficient of friction. Offers ‘rain’, ‘road’, ‘dynamic’, ‘enduro’ and ‘enduro pro’ riding modes.
• Dynamic Electronic Suspension Adjustment – the semi-active suspension system allows highly convenient adjustments to the suspension for every riding style and load. The characteristics the rider can select for suspension and damping provide an unparalleled range of tuning and preload settings for all road conditions.
• LED Headlight – an innovative safety feature with built-in daytime running light, helping riders to see and be seen.
• Preparation for GPS – allows riders to install and use the BMW Motorrad Navigator safety and conveniently via the handlebars.
• Chrome Plated Exhaust System – adds the crowning visual touch to the new GS.
• Heated Handlebar Grips - provide increased comfort but also fulfil a key safety function. After all, as every experienced motorcyclist knows, only warm hands can react fast.
• RDC Tyre Pressure Control - provides the rider with reliable information on the current tyre pressure, which is displayed on the motorcycles’ on-board computer.
•Cruise Control – for the first time, cruise control is now available on the R 1200 GS, offering additional cruising comfort and convenience on longer adventures.
|Engine type||Air/liquid-cooled four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft|
|Bore x stroke||101 mm x 73 mm|
|Rated output||92 kW (125 bhp) at 7,750 rpm|
|Max. torque||125 Nm at 6,500 rpm|
|Compression ratio||12.5 : 1|
|Mixture control / engine management||Electronic intake pipe injection/BMS-K digital engine management with electromotive throttle actuator|
|Emission control||Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3|
|Maximum speed||Over 200 km/h|
|Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h||4,1 litres|
|Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 120 km/h||5,5 litres|
|Fuel type||Unleaded super, octane number 95 (RON)|
|Alternator||three-phase alternator 580 W (nominal power)|
|Battery||12 V / 11,8 Ah, maintenance-free|
|Clutch||Oil lubricated clutch, hydraulically operated|
|Gearbox||Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth|
|Frame||Twin-section frame, front- and bolted on rear frame,load-bearing engine|
|Front wheel location / suspension||BMW Motorrad Telelever, stanchion diameter 37mm, central spring strut|
|Rear wheel location / suspension||Cast aluminium single swingarm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable at handwheel.|
|Suspension travel front / rear||190 mm / 200 mm|
|Steering head angle||64.5 degrees|
|Rim, Front||3.00 x 19"|
|Rim, rear||4.50 x 17"|
|Tyre, front||120/70 R 19|
|Tyre, rear||170/60 R 17|
|Brake, front||Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 305 mm, 4-piston radial calipers|
|Brake, rear||Single-disc brake, diameter 276mm, double piston floating caliper|
|ABS||BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral), can be switched off|
|Width (incl. mirrors)||953 mm|
|Height (excl. mirrors)||1,450 mm|
|Seat height, unladen weight||Standard Seat: 850mm - 870mm. Low Seat: 820mm - 840mm.|
|Inner leg curve, unladen weight||1,870 / 1,910 mm (low seat 1,820/1860 mm, lowered suspension 1770 / 1810 mm) *OE|
|Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled||238 kg|
|Permitted total weight||450 kg|
|Payload (with standard equipment)||212 kg|
|Usable tank volume||20.0 Litres|
|Reserve||Approx. 4.0 Litres|