2013 Can-Am Spyder RS-S
The standard Can-Am Spyder RS was already a fairly sporty three-wheeler, but the RS-S version raises the bar even higher.
The RS-S is equipped with a set of custom features that enhance its sporty character like new 15 inch wheels, FOX shocks and dynamic graphics.
The Can-Am Spyder RS-S is built around a 998 cc Rotax V-twin engine, liquid-cooled engine with electronic fuel injection and electronic throttle control. The engine delivers a maximum power of 100 hp (74.5 kW) at 7500 RPM and 80 lb-ft (108 Nm) of torque at 5000 RPM.
The stopping power is handled by Brembo brakes paired with a modern Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS). For enhanced safety you also get Traction Control System, Dynamic Power Steering and Stability Control System.
The 2013 Can-Am Spyder RS-S is offered with a starting price of $ 18,499.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Can-Am Spyder RS-S.
2013 Can-Am Spyder RS-S
Engine:Rotax® V-twin engine, liquid-cooled with electronic fuel injection and electronic throttle control
Transmission:SM5 - 5-speed manual with reverse OR
Horsepower @ RPM:100 @ 7500
Torque @ RPM:80 @ 5000
Energy:PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
Take performance to the next level with the Spyder RS-S. The custom trim package and striking 15-inch wheels give it a high-performance attitude. Attitude that’s easily backed up by FOX† shocks. Plus, the Spyder RS-S comes with all the features and amenities of the Spyder RS.
Embrace the open road with the Can-Am Spyder RS-S. Its sport-ergonomic position makes accelerating and cornering a blast. And with its proven Rotax engine and high-performance brakes, it’s always ready to hit the road when you are. Plus, it offers ample storage and automotive-inspired technologies like a Vehicle Stability System and a manual or semi-automatic transmission for quicker, smoother shifts.
As stunning through curves as it is to the eye, the Spyder RS craves acceleration as much as you do. And with ample storage, it’s always ready to embrace the open road. Whether it’s a quick trip around town or a long weekend out of it.
- 998cc Rotax V-Twin engine
- Vehicle Stability System
- 12 gallons (44 L) of storage
- Metallic silver front rims with twin-spokes
- Sport windshield
- Brembo† brake system
- Multifunction LCD / analog gauge
- Roadster electronic command center
- Anti-theft system: Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.™)
- Carbon-black front rims with twin-blade spokes
- FOX PODIUM front suspension
- Refined front fenders with integrated LED lights
- Two-tone coloration
- Carbon-black trim
- Painted A-arm and front spoiler
- Contrast-stitched seat skin
- RS-S graphics
- Electronic cruise control
- Multifunction color digital display
- Stability Control System
- The stability control assesses your intended direction via the handlebar and determines the vehicle’s appropriate response. The system individually applies the brakes to the wheels and/or reduces excess engine torque until control is regained.
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Sensors monitor the rotation of all three wheels. If any of the wheels is at risk of locking, ABS reduces brake pressure on it. This intervention repeats in rapid succession and can be performed independently on each wheel, allowing for maximum braking performance.
- Traction COntrol System
- Whenever the Traction Control System detects excessive rear wheel spin (e.g., in slippery conditions), it reduces engine torque by regulating engine ignition and fuel injection. This enables the roadster to accelerate with minimum corrective input from the rider.
- Anti-Theft System
- The Digitally Encoded Security System (D.E.S.S.™) helps protect the Can-Am roadster from theft or other unauthorized use. The vehicle will not start unless the rider uses the correctly coded electronic key.
- Dynamic Power Steering
- The electronically controlled power steering system provides the rider with a varying amount of assistance, depending on the speed of the vehicle. So it’s always easy to maneuver and steer, no matter what type of rider you are.
- FOX PODIUM Shocks
- Gas-charged front shocks with an anodized-aluminum body and threaded preload adjustments for sport-tuned handling.
- S Trim Package AND Seat
- Stitched seat skin and unique Carbon Black treatment on the handlebars, foot pegs, rear sprocket and springs add a high-performance attitude.
- Multi-Function Color Display
- Vivid, full-color display allows easier access to vehicle information, such as speed, trip distance and RPMs.
- 15-In Front Wheels and Refined Front Fenders
- Carbon Black wheels with twin-blade spokes and low-profile tires with exclusive treads. Plus refined front fenders with integrated LED light pipes for a more aggressive look.
- Akrapovic Performance Exhaust
- Lightweight with premium titanium shell construction and raw performance sound for a sportier, street legal ride. (Optional)
|Engine Type||998 cc Rotax® V-twin engine, liquid-cooled with electronic fuel injection and electronic throttle control|
|Bore & stroke||3.82 in. x 2.68 in. (97 x 68 mm)|
|Max Power 100||hp (74.5 kW) @ 7500 RPM|
|Max Torque 80||lb-ft (108 Nm) @ 5000 RPM|
|Transmissions||SM5 - 5-speed manual with reverse OR|
|Front suspension||Double A-arm with anti-roll bar|
|Front suspension travel||5.9 in. (151 mm)|
|Rear suspension||Swing arm with monoshock|
|Rear suspension travel||6 in. (152 mm)|
|Front brakes||270 mm discs with Brembo 4-piston fixed calipers|
|Rear brake||270 mm disc with Brembo single-piston floating caliper|
|Front tires||165 / 55 R15|
|Rear tire||225 / 50 R15|
|Front rims||Metallic Silver 6 twin-spoke, 15 x 5 in. (381 x 127 mm)|
|Rear rim||Metallic Silver, 15 x 7 in. (381 x 178 mm)|
|L x W x H||105 x 59.3 x 45.1 in. (2,667 x 1,506 x 1,145 mm)|
|Wheelbase||67 in. (1,711 mm)|
|Seat height||29 in. (737 mm)|
|Ground clearance||4.5 in. (115 mm)|
|Dry weight||798 lb (362 kg)|
|Total storage capacity||12 gal (44 L)|
|Maximum vehicle load||440 lb (200 kg)|
|Fuel capacity||6.6 gal (25 L)|