2010 Harley-Davidson FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide
Basing on the same single-spar, rigid backbone frame and stout swingarm developed to withstand the demands of long-haul touring riders and today’s more-powerful engines, Harley-Davidson manages to deliver yet another veritable touring motorcycle in the form of the 2010 Ultra Classic Electra Glide. Built with long-haul touring comfort, convenience, and cargo capacity in mind, without drifting away from the unique American style, this model is sure to become an icon of the open road.
2010 Harley-Davidson FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide
Engine:Air-cooled, Twin Cam 96
Transmission:6-Speed Cruise Drive
Torque @ RPM:125.55 Nm @ 3500 rpm
Energy:Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Top Speed:115 mph
HARLEY-DAVIDSON ROLLS OUT NINE NEW MODELS FOR 2010
More Performance, Features and Value Across Six Motorcycle Platforms
Harley-Davidson roars into 2010 with nine new motorcycle models, the most expansive new-product introduction in the history of the Motor Company. Across six model platforms, Harley-Davidson achieves a fusion of tradition and technology in a motorcycle product line that offers more power, luxury, and style, and more value.
"This ambitious new motorcycle launch reaches to our riders with the incredible passion that Harley-Davidson has inspired for more than a century," said Bill Davidson, Harley-Davidson Vice President of Core Customer Marketing. "We are thrilled to offer our customers nine new models and a full selection of products for 2010 that lets their enthusiasm for enjoying great motorcycles continue at full throttle."
Highlights of the 2010 Harley-Davidson® line include:
* As the new king of the Harley-Davidson Touring line, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited model delivers the performance upgrade of a Twin Cam 103™ engine, and features standard equipment items previously offered only as accessories on regular-production Harley-Davidson Touring models.
* The new Road Glide® Custom model looks lean and mean, with a slammed suspension, 18-inch front wheel and a new 2-into-1 exhaust system.
* The Wide Glide® returns as an all-new Dyna® model done in old-school chopper style, with black laced wheels, a chopped rear fender, black "wire" sissy bar, 2-1-2 Tommy Gun exhaust and an optional flame paint scheme. Priced starting at $14,499, the Wide Glide is also a great new value.
* The new Street Glide® Trike brings stripped-down, hot-rod styling to the three-wheel category, and joins the Tri Glide™ Ultra Classic® in an all new Trike family for 2010.
* Dressed in satin chrome and denim black, the new Fat Boy® Lo presents a darker and lower interpretation of the motorcycle that still defines the fat-custom segment.
* The 2010 Street Glide® model gets even more hot-rod soul, with updates that include a larger front wheel, slimmed-down exhaust, and a new tail light assembly. Street Glide takes a classic Harley-Davidson Touring profile to a low, light and lean extreme.
* No motorcycle on the road today matches the modern street attitude of the three exciting models in the Harley-Davidson VRSC™ family: V-Rod®, Night Rod® Special and V-Rod Muscle®. The explosive performance of the liquid cooled Revolution® V-Twin engine keeps VRSC at the top of the power cruiser food chain in 2010.
* The American motorcycle legend that is Harley-Davidson Sportster® features six models for 2010, including the $7,999 Iron 883™ introduced mid-year 2009 and four others priced less than $10,000.
* Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations™ (CVO™), masters of shimmering chrome and bold paint, offers four new limited-production models for 2010. The CVO Softail® Convertible is a versatile urban touring motorcycle, while the CVO Street Glide is a high-performance hot-rod bagger. The CVO Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® and CVO Fat Bob® models are refreshed for 2010 with new paint schemes and styling details. All CVO models are powered by a Twin Cam 110™ engine, the largest displacement V-Twin offered by Harley-Davidson.
Engine and Transmission
Engine: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 96™
Valves: Pushrod-operated, overhead valves with hydraulic, self-adjusting lifters; two valves per cylinder
Bore x Stroke: 3.75 in. x 4.38 in. (95.25 mm x 111.25 mm)
Displacement: 96 cu. in. (1584 cc)
Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Air Cleaner: Fiberglass, washable
Lubrication System: Pressurized, dry-sump
Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
Final Drive: Belt, 32/68 ratio
Clutch: Multi-plate, wet
Transmission: 6-Speed Cruise Drive®
Gear Ratios (overall): U.S.
• 1st 9.593
• 2nd 6.650
• 3rd 4.938
• 4th 4.000
• 5th 3.407
• 6th 2.875
Engine Torque (per SAE J1349):
• North America: 92.60 ft. lbs. @ 3500 rpm (125.55 Nm @ 3500 rpm)
Lean Angle (per SAE J1168):
• Right 33°
• Left 31°
Fuel Economy (EPA urban/highway test): 35/54 mpg (6.72/4.36 L/100 km)
Chassis and Dimensions
Frame: Mild steel; tubular frame; two-piece stamped and welded backbone; cast and forged junctions; twin downtubes; bolt-on rear frame with forged fender supports; MIG welded
Swingarm: Mild steel; two-piece drawn and welded section; forged junctions; MIG welded
Front Forks: 41.3 mm telescopic, triple circuit damping
Rear Shocks: Air-adjustable
Wheels (Chrome, Profile Laced Aluminum option): Black, 28-spoke Cast Aluminum
• Front: 17 in. x 3 in. (431.80 mm x 76.20 mm)
• Rear: 16 in. x 5 in. (406.40 mm x 127.0 mm)
• Caliper Type: 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear
• Rotor Type (diameter x width): Patented, fixed rotors
• Front (dual): 11.81 in. x .20 in. (299.97 mm x 5.08 mm)
• Rear: 11.81 in. x .28 in. (299.97 mm x 7.11 mm)
• Anti-Lock Braking System (option): Available
• Front Wheel: 4.60 in. (116.84 mm)
• Rear Wheel: 3 in. (76.20 mm)
Engineered for Sidecar Use: Available
Length: 98.60 in. (2504.44 mm)
Overall Width: 38.0 in. (965.20 mm)
Overall Height: 61.0 in. (1549.40 mm)
• Laden: 27.30 in. (693.42 mm)
• Unladen: 30.70 in. (779.78 mm)
Ground Clearance: 5.10 in. (129.54 mm)
Rake (steering head): 26°
Fork Angle: 29.2°
Trail: 6.69 in. (169.93 mm)
Wheelbase: 63.50 in. (1612.90 mm)
Tires (Dunlop® Harley-Davidson Series, bias narrow whitewall):
• Front – D408F: NW 130/80B17 65H
• Rear – D407: NW 180/65B16 81H
Fuel Capacity (warning light at approximately 1 gal.): 6 gal. (22.71 L)
Oil Capacity (w/filter): 4 qts. (3.78 L)
Transmission Capacity: 1 qts. (0.95 L)
Primary Chain Case Capacity: 1.40 qts. (1.32 L)
• As Shipped: 852 lbs. (386.47 kg)
• In Running Order: 889 lbs. (403.25 kg)
• Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 1360 lbs. (616.90 kg)
• Gross Axle Weight Rating
• Front: 500 lbs. (226.80 kg)
• Rear: 927 lbs. (420.48 kg)
Battery (per Battery Council International Rating): Sealed, maintenance-free, 12V, 28-amp/hour, 370 cca
Charging: Three-phase, 50-amp system (585W @ 13V, 2000 rpm, 650W max power @ 13V)
Starting: 1.2 kW electric with solenoid shift starter motor engagement
Lights (as per country regulation):
• Headlamp (quartz halogen): 55-watt low beam, 60-watt high beam
• Tail/Stop Lights: 8W/28W (5W/21W)
• Turn Signal Lights: 28W (21W) self-canceling
• Indicator Lamps: High beam, running lights, front fender running lights, directional light bar, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, cruise control, speakers, accessory, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warning, ABS (optional)
Warranty: 24 months (unlimited mileage)
Service Interval: First 1,000 miles (1,600 km),every 5,000 miles (8,000 km) thereafter
Solids: • Vivid Black
• Flame Blue Pearl
• Red Hot Sunglo
Two-Tones: • Flame Blue Pearl/Brilliant Silver Pearl
• Vivid Black/Brilliant Silver Pearl
Custom Colors: • Merlot Sunglo/Cherry Red Sunglo
• White Ice Pearl/Black Ice Pearl
Vivid Black: $20,999
Custom Colors: $22,199