2010 Harley-Davidson FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
Harley-Davidson thought at the 2010 CVO Softail Convertible as to a limited-production custom motorcycle that will allow riders to customize it (without needing tools) depending on the type of ride they’re planning to take each and every single day. So, by adding or detaching key components, the bike turns out being adequate for all-day touring, two-up cruising or solo profiling.
Based on the belief that good looks shouldn’t affect functionality, the comfortable, modern suspensions are hidden under the chassis, allowing the Softail rear suspension to mimic the clean lines of a vintage hardtail frame.
Power comes from a massive Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110B engine displacing 110ci (1803cc) and delivering an impressive 110 ft. lbs. of torque at 3000 rpm. This unit is rigid-mounted to the frame and coupled to a 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission. Does this sound like a Harley or what?
2010 Harley-Davidson FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
Engine:Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110B™
Transmission:6-Speed Cruise Drive
Torque @ RPM:149.14 Nm @ 3000 rpm
Energy:Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Top Speed:130 mph
TOUR OR CRUISE ON THE HARLEY-DAVIDSON CVO SOFTAIL CONVERTIBLE
A Combination Custom with Detachable Fairing and Bags, Big Power and Bold Paint
The 2010 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible has a split personality. With its compact fairing and smoked windshield providing protection from the elements, and leather-covered saddlebags to hold gear, the CVO Softail Convertible is a refined touring machine ready for a weekend get-away with a passenger comfortably supported by the wide pillion and padded backrest. But because each of these components can be quickly detached, the CVO Softail Convertible can be stripped down to reveal an alter ego. In just minutes, it’s an aggressive solo-saddle custom cruiser with bold paint, gleaming chrome, smooth lines and a massive engine, ready to prowl the boulevard in style.
Designed to be a "two-in-one" motorcycle, the CVO Softail Convertible can be configured for all-day touring, two-up cruising or solo profiling by simply adding or detaching key components, each of which can be easily removed or installed without tools.
Based on the Harley-Davidson Softail platform, the CVO Softail Convertible features a rear-suspension design that mimics the clean lines of a vintage hardtail frame, but offers the comfort of a modern suspension that is hidden under the chassis. A fuel-injected Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110B V-Twin provides the CVO Softail Convertible with extraordinary power and thrilling performance.
Key CVO Softail Convertible Features
- Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110B engine with 110-cid (1803cc), counter-balanced and rigid-mounted to the frame, is rated at 110 ft. lbs. of torque at 3000 rpm. The 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission features a new helical-cut fifth gear.
- New detachable compact fairing with smoked windshield.
- New detachable leather-covered saddlebags with genuine buffalo-hide inserts.
- New custom-leather seat and detachable passenger pillion with genuine buffalo-hide inserts.
- New detachable upright and backrest pad with genuine buffalo-hide inserts.
- New combination digital speedometer and analog tachometer.
- New 18-inch chrome aluminum Stinger wheels with matching Stinger chrome sprocket and Stinger floating brake rotors.
- New full-coverage wide rear fender and trimmed front fender.
- New two-piece chrome and color-matched tank console.
- New 200/50R18 radial rear tire.
- New rear light bar with integrated stop/tail/turn lighting.
- High-flow Ventilator engine air intake with engine-turned insert and rain sock.
- Lowered rear suspension.
- Rumble Collection grips, footboards, passenger and shifter pegs, brake pedal pad and mirrors.
- Custom paint offered in three color schemes, with color-matched frame, swingarm, frame inserts, oil tank and saddlebag supports:
- Inferno Orange with Vivid Black and Silver Braze Graphics
- Abyss Blue with Sapphire and Silver Braze Graphics
- Crimson Red Sunglo with Autumn Haze and Black Candy Grind
Assembled by teams of technicians in a special assembly area at the Harley-Davidson Vehicle Operations facility in York, Pa., production of the 2010 CVO Softail Convertible will be limited to approximately 2,500 units. The 2010 CVO Softail convertible has a suggested U.S. retail price of $27,999.
"...while the mill in the CVO Softail Convertible is the same 1803cc powerplant as the others, it is the only counterbalanced version. The Screamin’ Eagle Twin Cam 110B engine is rigid-mounted, with peak output claimed to be 110 lb-ft of torque at 3000 rpm. A high-flow Ventilator engine air intake keeps the good air flowing in while spent gases exit out of chrome, shorty dual exhausts with chrome heat shields." – motorcycle-usa
"On the road, counterbalanced engine vibes fade into the scenery as the hard-pulling engine reaches for its claimed peak of 110 ft/lbs of torque at 3000 rpm. As the digital speedo climbs along with the headwind, the smoked shield protects against body blows, but its limited coverage does little to reduce helmet buffeting." – ultimatemotorcycling
"It’s incredibly heavy to move around out of the garage but get it going and the low-slung weight makes you feel like you’re ploughing through the road, and riding some real American Iron with a comfortable seat and a 180-mile tank range. And once on the move it’s very easy to manoeuvre, but just watch the footboards as they will touch down leaving the car park at work.” –MCN
"Suffice it to say that if you like chrome, you’ll like this bike. Techies will love the new "Digispacho," which sounds a lot more like cold soup than a motorcycle part, but is in fact a trick all-in-one digital speedo/analog tach gauge. As with the other CVO models, multiple paint schemes are available, and overall fit and finish quality is phenomenal." –cycleworld
Engine and Transmission
- Engine: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110B™
- Valves: Pushrod-operated, overhead valves with hydraulic, self-adjusting lifters; two valves per cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 4.0 in. x 4.38 in. (101.60 mm x 111.25 mm)
- Displacement: 110 cu. in. (1803 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.15:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Air Cleaner: Ventilator High Flow Intake w/ Chrome cover, Fiberglass media, exposed element w/ rain sock
- Lubrication System: Pressurized, dry-sump
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Final Drive: Belt, 32/66 ratio
- Clutch: Hydraulically actuated, 9-plate, wet, with high-performance spring
- Transmission: 6-Speed Cruise Drive®
- Gear Ratios (overall): U.S.
- 1st 9.311
- 2nd 6.454
- 3rd 4.793
- 4th 3.882
- 5th 3.307
- 6th 2.790
- Engine Torque (per SAE J1349):
- North America: 110 ft. lbs. @ 3000 rpm (149.14 Nm @ 3000 rpm)
- Lean Angle (per SAE J1168):
- Right: 26°
- Lef: 26°
- Fuel Economy (EPA urban/highway test): 34/50 mpg (6.92/4.70 L/100 km)
Chassis and Dimensions
- Frame: Mild steel, tubular frame; rectangular section backbone; stamped, cast, and forged junctions; MIG welded; color-matched to vehicle
- Swingarm: Mild steel tube sections, forged junctions; MIG welded; color-matched to vehicle
- Front Forks: 41.3 mm telescopic, chrome “beer can” covers
- Rear Shocks: Hidden, horizontal-mounted, coil-over
- Wheels: Chrome Stinger Cast Aluminum
- Front: 18 in. x 3.50 in. (457.20 mm x 88.90 mm)
- Rear: 18 in. x 6 in. (457.20 mm x 152.40 mm)
- Caliper Type: 4-piston fixed front; 2-piston floating rear
- Rotor Type (diameter x width): Single floating Stinger Waved Rotor
- Front: 11.50 in. x .20 in. (292.10 mm x 5.08 mm)
- Rear: 11.50 in. x .23 in. (292.10 mm x 5.84 mm)
- Suspension Travel:
- Front Wheel: 5.10 in. (129.54 mm)
- Rear Wheel: 3.3 in. (83.82 mm)
- Length: 95.10 in. (2415.54 mm)
- Overall Width: 39.5 in. (1003.30 mm)
- Overall Height: 50.8 in. (1290.32 mm)
- Seat Height:
- Laden: 24.40 in. (619.76 mm)
- Unladen: 25.60 in. (650.24 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 3.70 in. (93.98 mm)
- Rake (steering head): 32°
- Fork Angle: 31°
- Trail: 5.80 in. (147.32 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64.20 in. (1630.68 mm)
- Tires (Dunlop® Harley-Davidson Series, radial blackwall front and rear):
- Front – D407: 130/70R18 63V
- Rear – D407: 200/50R18 76V
- Fuel Capacity (warning light at approximately 1.0 gal.): 5 gal. (18.93 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 3 qts. (2.84 L)
- Transmission Capacity: 1 qts. (0.95 L)
- Primary Chain Case Capacity: 1 qts. (0.95 L)
- As Shipped: 724 lbs. (328.41 kg)
- In Running Order: 756 lbs. (342.92 kg)
- Gross Vehicle: 1260 lbs. (571.54 kg)
- Gross Axle
- Weight Rating:
- Front: 430 lbs. (195.05 kg)
- Rear: 830 lbs. (376.49 kg)
- Battery (per Battery Council International Rating): Sealed, maintenance-free, 12V, 19-amp/hour, 270 cca
- Charging: Three-phase, 38-amp system (439W @ 13V, 2000 rpm, 489W max power @ 13V)
- Starting: 1.4 kW electric with solenoid shift starter motor engagement
- Lights (as per country regulation):
- Headlamp (quartz halogen): 55-watt low beam, 60-watt high beam
- Tail/Stop Lights: 28W (21W) self-canceling
- Front Signal Lights: 8W/28W (21W) self-canceling
- Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system, 6-speed, low fuel warnings10
- Warranty: 24 months (unlimited mileage)
- Service Interval: First 1,000 miles (1,600 km), every 5,000 miles (8,000 km) thereafter
- Custom Colors:
- Inferno Orange/Vivid Black with Silver Braze Graphics
- Abyss Blue/Sapphire with Silver Braze Graphics
- Crimson Red Sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
- U.S. MSRP: $27,999
- New Detachable compact fairing with smoked windshield
- New Detachable leather-covered saddlebags with genuine buffalo-hide inserts
- New Custom-leather seat and detachable passenger pillion with genuine buffalo-hide inserts
- New Detachable upright and backrest pad with genuine buffalo-hide inserts
- New 18-inch chrome aluminum Stinger wheels with matching Stinger chrome sprocket and Stinger floating brake rotors
- New Combination digital speedometer and analog tachometer
- New Full-coverage wide rear fender and trimmed front fender
- New Two-piece chrome and color-matched tank console
- New 200/50R18 radial rear tire
- New Light bar with integrated stop/tail/turn lights
- High-flow Ventilator engine air intake with engine-turned insert and rain sock
- Exclusive paint scheme in three color combinations
- Color-matched powder coated frame and swingarm, frame inserts, saddlebag brackets and horseshoe oil tank
- Screamin’ Eagle® Twin Cam 110B™ Granite powder-coated powertrain with 110 Screamin’ Eagle identifiers on cylinder heads
- Chrome, shorty-dual exhaust with slashdown chrome mufflers and chrome heat shields
- Rumble Collection grips, floorboards, passenger and shifter pegs, brake pedal pad and mirrors
- Polished stainless steel shift linkage
- Smoked front turn signal lenses with amber bulbs
- Chrome Accessories
- Clutch line and brake line clamps
- Derby and timer covers with engine turn inserts
- Headlight trim ring, nacelle and back plate
- Front sliders
- Wheel spacers
- Rear brake lever
- Handlebar risers and caps
- Shifter, rear brake lever and forward control mounts
- Coil cover and voltage regulator
- Rear brake master cylinder cover
- Switch housings
- Upper belt guard and debris deflector
- Sprocket bolt covers
- Valve stem caps
- Front and rear axle nut covers
- Pivot shaft covers
- Black high-torque 1.4kW starter
- High-performance clutch with hydraulic actuation
- Harley-Davidson® Smart Security System with siren
- Indoor storage cover with embroidered CVO logo
- Commemorative CVO ignition key with display box