2010 Harley-Davidson FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
The Harley-Davidson Wide Glide is new for 2010 and it is entirely reduced to a big V-Twin engine around which they’ve contoured the old-school chopper style. Inspired by its glorious past and looking towards the future, this Dyna model is a low, stretched-out custom with drag bars and forward foot controls that give its rider a real fists-in-the-wind profile. Also, the LED stop/turn/tail light combo and side-mounted license plate keep the chopped rear fender clean; so clean that no rebel out there will ignore it.
2010 Harley-Davidson FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
Engine:Air-cooled, Twin Cam 96
Transmission:6-Speed Cruise Drive
Torque @ RPM:124.75 Nm @ 3000 rpm
Energy:Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
Top Speed:125 mph
NEW HARLEY-DAVIDSON® WIDE GLIDE® ROLLS WITH OLD-SCHOOL STYLE
Wide Glide Model Returns with a Chopped Rear Fender, Black Trim and Tommy Gun Exhaust
The 2010 Wide Glide is a new Harley-Davidson Dyna® model done up old-school chopper style – a low, stretched-out custom with forward foot controls that give its rider a real fists-in-the-wind profile. Its name-sake wide front end, black-wire sissy bar and available orange-to-yellow fade flames paint scheme might be hits from the bike-builder archives, but the LED stop/turn/tail light combo is new technology that keeps its chopped rear fender clean and uncluttered. The new Wide Glide is also priced to be a great value – call it affordable attitude.
The Wide Glide motorcycle is powered by a rubber-mounted Twin Cam 96™ V-Twin powertrain with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) that produces 92 ft. lbs. of peak torque at 3000 rpm. The engine is finished in black powdercoat with bright machined highlights on the cylinder fins and chrome-plated rocker and derby covers. The 6-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission features a new helical-cut fifth gear for smooth operation. Distinctive Dyna Wide Glide styling cues include an under-seat battery box, exposed rear shock absorbers, and a 4.7-gallon fuel tank with the speedometer mounted in the console.
Key Dyna Wide Glide Features
- The lowered front and rear suspension reduces seat height to just 25.5 inches.
- The 49mm front forks are raked out to 34 degrees. Wide polished aluminum triple clamps create more space between the forks to open up the front-end styling and accentuate the 21-inch by 2.15-inch front wheel.
- 40-spoke laced wheels with black steel rims.
- The handlebar is internally wired and mounted on four-inch-high black risers.
- Black mirrors and headlamp bucket match the black risers.
- Battery box and rear fender struts are finished in wrinkle black powdercoat. A chrome strip on the battery box has an embossed “Wide Glide” logo.
- The front of the fuel tank is tilted up .75-inch to accent the Wide Glide chopper profile.
- Chrome 2-1-2 “Tommy Gun” exhaust with styled exhaust shields and staggered dual mufflers.
- Low-slung solo seat with a separate passenger pillion.
- Black one-piece “wire” sissy bar.
- A chopped rear fender exposes the 180/60B tire.
- Dual red LED rear lamps combine the stop/turn/tail functions and eliminate a large, central tail lamp. The license plate mount is moved to the side of the chassis.
- The Wide Glide model has a base price of $14,499 in Vivid Black, and will also be offered in an optional, limited-production Red Hot Sunglo and Vivid Black base with Flames paint scheme.
"Swing a leg over this Hog, and the 25.5 inch seat height makes it easy to position yourself around the teardrop tank. Its air-cooled 96 cubic-inch v-twin fires up with the typical Harley bark, and the reciprocating piston mass at idle shimmies the internally-wired handlebar like a wind-up toy. But that’s always been part of the Harley experience, and die hards will find the Wide Glide plays the part well." – motorcycles.about
"This is a very nice motor, but some of its competitors haves more grunt on tap. Peak torque arrives at 3,000 rpm, which supplies very usable power at mid-range revs. Harley’s Big Twins are equipped with the 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission, all of which are now fitted with a helical-cut fifth gear to eliminate annoying gear whine. Gear selection is positive if a bit clunky.” – motorcycle
"Obviously you aren’t going to rip around a track on one, but it now handles up to the limits imposed on it by its lack of ground clearance. And the six-speed engine is far better than the old five-speed one. It has all the sound and character you would expect (including the huge clunk when first gear is selected) but a stack more practicality with the sixth gear..." – visordown
"Its low profile, long rake, tall front tire, and 68.3-inch wheelbase do not add up to a very agile bike. The pegs scrape extremely easy, and on occasion I even ground the end of the pipes. Turn-in is slow and steering isn’t light in sharp turns. It can roll through a sweeper powerfully and planted at 80 mph, but on tight radiuses and switchbacks, turn-in is slow and the bike requires a wide arc." – motorcycle-usa
"Harley’s Wide Glide dates back to the seventies. The new for 2010 bike retains the old-school low-rider looks of long, raked and wide-spaced forks (hence the name Wide Glide), skinny front wheel and minimalist bulk. But what makes the new bike far superior is it has modern handling and ride quality due to frame and suspension updates. The rest of the package is just as good." – MCN
Engine and Transmission
- Engine: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 96™
- Valves: Pushrod-operated, overhead valves with hydraulic, self-adjusting lifters; two valves per cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 3.75 in. x 4.38 in. (95.25 mm x 111.25 mm)
- Displacement: 96 cu. in. (1584 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Air Cleaner: Fiberglass Media, washable
- Lubrication System: Pressurized, dry-sump
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Final Drive: Belt, 32/66 ratio
- Clutch: Multi-plate, wet
- Transmission: 6-Speed Cruise Drive®
- Gear Ratios (overall): U.S.
- 1st 9.311
- 2nd 6.454
- 3rd 4.793
- 4th 3.882
- 5th 3.307
- 6th 2.790
- Engine Torque (per SAE J1349):
- North America 92 ft. lbs. @ 3000 rpm (124.75 Nm @ 3000 rpm)
- Lean Angle (per SAE J1168):
- Right: 28.4°
- Left: 31.9°
- Fuel Economy (EPA urban/highway test): 35/54 mpg (6.72/4.36 L/100 km)
Chassis and Dimensions
- Frame: Mild steel, tubular frame; rectangular section backbone; stamped, cast, and forged junctions; forged fender supports; MIG welded
- Swingarm: Mild steel, rectangular tube sections, stamped junctions; MIG welded
- Front Forks: 49 mm with polished aluminum fork triple clamp and dual-rate springs
- Rear Shocks: Coil-over shock
- Wheels: Black, Laced Steel
- Front: 21 in. x 2.15 in. (533.40 mm x 54.61 mm)
- Rear: 17 in. x 4.50 in. (431.80 mm x 114.30 mm)
- Caliper Type: 4-piston fixed front, and 2-piston torque-free floating rear
- Rotor Type (diameter x width): Patented, uniform expansion rotors (floating, front only)
- Front (floating): 11.80 in. x .20 in. (299.72 mm x 5.08 mm)
- Rear: 11.50 in. x .23 in. (292.10 mm x 5.84 mm)
- Suspension Travel:
- Front Wheel: 5 in. (127.0 mm)
- Rear Wheel: 3.10 in. (78.74 mm)
- Length: 94.0 in. (2387.60 mm)
- Overall Width: 37.20 in. (944.88 mm)
- Overall Height: 47.80 in. (1214.12 mm)
- Seat Height:
- Laden: 25.50 in. (647.70 mm)
- Unladen: 26.70 in. (678.18 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.20 in. (106.68 mm)
- Rake (steering head): 34°
- Fork Angle: 36°
- Trail: 5.20 in. (132.08 mm)
- Wheelbase: 68.30 in. (1734.82 mm)
- Tires (Dunlop® Harley-Davidson Series, bias blackwall front and rear):
- Front – GT502 F 80/90-21 54V
- Rear – GT502: 180/60B17 75V
- Fuel Capacity (warning light at approximately 0.9 gal.): 4.70 gal. (17.79 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 3 qts. (2.84 L)
- Transmission Capacity: 1 qts. (0.95 L)
- Primary Chain (Case Capacity): 1 qts. (0.95 L)
- As Shipped: 647 lbs. (293.48 kg)
- In Running Order: 665 lbs. (301.64 kg)
- Gross Vehicle: 1085 lbs. (492.16 kg)
- Gross Axle
- Weight Rating:
- Front: 390 lbs. (176.90 kg)
- Rear: 695 lbs. (315.25 kg)
- Battery (per Battery Council International Rating): Sealed, maintenance-free, 12V,19-amp/hour, 270 cca
- Charging: Three-phase, 40-amp system (493W @ 13.5V, 2000 rpm, 540W max power @ 13.5V)
- Starting: 1.2 kW electric with solenoid shift starter motor engagement
- Lights (as per country regulation):
- Headlamp (quartz halogen): 55-watt low beam, 60-watt high beam
- Rear Turn Signal (Lights): Running Lamp: 9W Brake/Turn Lamp: 43W
- Rear Brake Light: Tail Lamp: 2.3W Brake Lamp: 4.4W
- Indicator Lamps: High beam, directional light bar, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, turn signals, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings
- Electric Power Outlet: Standard
Warranty: 24 months (unlimited mileage)
Service Interval: First 1,000 miles (1,600 km), every 5,000 miles (8,000 km) thereafter
- Vivid Black
- Red Hot Sunglo
- Vivid Black Flame
- Vivid Black: $14,499
- Solids: $14,874
- Two-Tones: $15,194
Facts & Features
- New Helical cut 5th gear for improved transmission sound
- Black powder-coated powertrain with chrome covers
- Chrome, “Tommy Gun” 2-1-2 collector exhaust with dual mufflers
- 4.7-gallon Street Bob®-style fuel tank, raised at the front .75-inch
- 40-spoke laced steel wheels with black rims
- 21-inch front wheel
- Front and rear suspension lowered one inch
- 34 degree fork angle
- Wide polished aluminum triple clamps
- Chopped rear fender with chrome supports
- Low solo seat with separate passenger pillion
- Stainless steel internally-wired handlebar on four-inch black riser
- Wrinkle-black battery box and fender struts
- Black mirrors and headlight bucket
- Black one-piece wire sissy bar
- Dual red LED lights combine the stop/turn/tail functions
- Side-mounted license plate
- Low-profile tank console with electronic speedometer
- Rubber-mounted Twin Cam 96™ V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 92 ft. lbs. of torque
- 6-speed Cruise Drive® transmission
- Exposed under-seat battery box
- Exposed rear coil-over shock absorbers
- Forward-mounted rider footpegs with brake and shift levers
- Optional Harley-Davidson® Smart Security System with hands-free security fob
- Optional Vivid Black Flame paint scheme