2012 Harley-Davidson Dyna FXDWG Wide Glide
Re-introduced in 2010, the Dyna Wide Glide motorcycle is all about attitude. Its tough, dark styling and retro feel, along with a retro price tag, give riders the confidence to sit low and stretch out. The Wide Glide is raw and true to its roots with a chopped rear fender, black rims on 40-spoke laced wheels, a black tank console, “Tommy Gun” exhaust, beefy, raked-out forks and a swept back sissy bar. Throw in the old-school flame paint scheme and heads are sure to turn. The lowered suspension, internally-wired handlebar with 4-inch riser and forward foot controls offer an awesome ride and the sticker price provides amazing value.
The motorcycle is equipped with a new air-cooled, Twin Cam 103 engine that produces up to 100 ft lbs. peak torque, an increase of approximately 6 percent over the Twin Cam 96 engine it replaces. The engine is paired with a six speed Cruise Drive transmission and delivers an average fuel economy of 42 mpg.
Hit the jump for more information on the Harley-Davidson Dyna FXDWG Wide Glide.
2012 Harley-Davidson Dyna FXDWG Wide Glide
Horsepower @ RPM:67 @ 5500
Harley-Davidson offers more Big Twin performance for 2012 as its Twin Cam 103™ powertrain is standard equipment on Softail® and Touring motorcycle models and most Dyna® motorcycle models. Harley-Davidson will offer two new models for 2012. The V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition celebrates a decade of power-cruiser performance, while the new Dyna® Switchback is a convertible custom-touring motorcycle with detachable hard saddlebags and windshield. In addition, the Night Rod Special has significant updates for 2012 with refreshed bodywork and optimized rider ergonomics. Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM rolls out the gleaming new CVO Road Glide® Custom, a limited-production, high-performance touring masterpiece.
Harley-Davidson believes every motorcycle it sells can be a custom of one. Harley-Davidson H-D1™ is a comprehensive offering of customization tools for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle owner. H-D1 tools include Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories listings in print and on-line catalogs, Fit Shop and consultation services at Harley-Davidson dealerships, and factory customization and Bike Builder tools on www.harley-davidson.com. H-D1 offers almost unlimited opportunities to optimize fit, function, style and performance and turn a Harley into a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
Harley- Davidson heads into 2012 with 32 models, each born of experience that spans generations and a passion for riding that will never diminish.
- The Twin Cam 103™ engine powers all 2012 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models with the exception of the Dyna Street Bob® and Dyna Super Glide® Custom. This engine produces up to 100 ft lbs. peak torque, an increase of approximately 6 percent over the Twin Cam 96 engine it replaces as standard power for many of these models. The Twin Cam 103 is equipped with automatic compression release. It features identifying badges on the derby cover, timer cover and air cleaner trim ring.
- A Security Package that pairs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob is available for all 2012 V-Rod®, Dyna®, Softail®, Touring and CVO™ models. The Security Package is standard equipment on CVO™ models and on the Road Glide® Ultra, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and the Road King® Classic. The Security Package is a factory-installed option for all other models.
- The Night Rod® Special is updated with new tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, an inverted front fork and improved ergonomics. Harley-Davidson celebrates a decade of power cruising with the V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition motorcycle, finished in Brilliant Silver Pearl bodywork that evokes the anodized aluminum bodywork of the original V-Rod model that introduced the liquid-cooled Revolution V-Twin engine in 2002. All V-Rod models will carry V-Rod 10th Anniversary badges.
The new Dyna Switchback combines hard saddlebags and a windshield with the eager handling and Twin Cam 103 performance of the Dyna chassis. It’s a custom-touring bike ready for a long weekend trip, until the detachable bags and windshield are removed. Then in seconds the Switchback becomes a custom street cruiser with a gleaming headlamp nacelle, five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels and a mini-ape handlebar. This convertible concept makes the versatile Switchback two motorcycles in one.
- All Harley-Davidson Softail models get the performance boost of the Twin Cam 103 engine for 2012. The Fat Boy and Fat Boy Lo have a new reduced-reach handlebar for more-comfortable ergonomics. A lower, narrower seat shape places the Fat Boy rider in a new "in the bike" position. The Softail Deluxe and Heritage Softail Classic will be available with a new optional "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option for ease of tire replacement and repair.
- The Twin Cam 103 powertrain gives all Harley-Davidson Touring models assertive power for passing. On Touring models, the Twin Cam 103 is equipped with an oil cooler. All Touring models except the Ultra Limited will offer a new "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option.
- The Harley-Davidson Sportster® line appeals to a broad range of riders with six 2012 models ranging from the race-inspired XR1200X™ to the accessible SuperLow® to Dark Custom roadsters like the Iron 883™, Nightster® and Forty-Eight®. The Sportster® 1200 Custom can be personalized for fit, function and style with H-D1 factory customization, a process that allows customers to use the Bike Builder tool on harley-davidson.com to build the motorcycle from a selection of options that are installed as the bike is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company or are installed by a dealer after the motorcycle is delivered. New 1200 Custom color options have been added to Bike Builder for 2012.
- The new CVO Road Glide Custom is one of four limited-production 2012 models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM, each turned out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles. CVO Road Glide Custom is a hot-rod bagger with a frame-mounted fairing topped with a smoked Wind Splitter windshield, a high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system, and a color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console.
NEW Rubber-mounted Twin Cam 103™ V-Twin
engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel
Injection (ESPFI), rated at 100 ft. lbs. of torque
NEW Optional Security Package bundling
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and a Smart
Security System for greater value
NEW Paint color options
- Black powder-coated powertrain with
- Chrome, “Tommy Gun” 2-1-2 collector exhaust
with dual mufflers
- 4.7-gallon Street Bob®
- style fuel tank, raised at
the front .75-inch
- 40-spoke laced steel wheels with black rims
- 21-inch front wheel
- Front and rear suspension lowered one inch
- 34 degree fork angle
- Wide polished aluminum triple clamps
- Chopped rear fender with chrome supports
- Low solo seat with separate passenger pillion
- Stainless steel internally-wired handlebar on
four-inch black riser
- Wrinkle-black battery box and fender struts
- Black mirrors and headlight bucket
- Black one-piece wire sissy bar
- Dual red LED lights combine the
- Side-mounted license plate
- Low-profile tank console with
Re-introduced in 2010, the Dyna®
motorcycle is all about attitude. Its tough,
dark styling and retro feel, along with a retro
price tag, give riders the confidence to sit low
and stretch out.
The Wide Glide®
is raw and true to its roots with
a chopped rear fender, black rims on 40-spoke
laced wheels, a black tank console, “Tommy
Gun” exhaust, beefy, raked-out forks and a swept
back sissy bar. Throw in the old-school Flame
paint scheme and heads are sure to turn.
But, this bike is about more than just looks.
103 cubic inches of V-Twin power, lowered
suspension, internally-wired handlebar with
4-inch riser and forward foot controls offer an
awesome ride. And the truly attractive sticker
price provides amazing value.
- 6-speed Cruise Drive®
- Exposed under-seat battery box
- Exposed rear coil-over shock absorbers
- Forward-mounted rider footpegs with brake and
- Optional Harley-Davidson®
System with hands-free security fob
|Engine||Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103™|
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port |
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Transmission||6-Speed Cruise Drive®|
|Miles Per Gallon||42 MPG combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||25.5/648|
Scorcher® “31” |
front and rear
|• Front||Black, Laced Steel
21 in. x 2.15 in.
(533 mm x 55 mm)
|• Rear||Black, Laced Steel
17 in. x 4.5 in.
(432 mm x 114 mm)
|Frame||Mild steel, tubular frame; rectangular |
section backbone; stamped, cast,
and forged junctions; forged fender
supports; MIG welded
|Swingarm||Mild steel, rectangular tube sections, |
stamped junctions; MIG welded
|Front Forks||49 mm with polished aluminum fork |
triple clamp and dual-rate springs
|Rear Shocks||Coil-over shock|
|Wheels:||Black Steel Laced|
|• Front||21 in. x 2.15 in. (533 mm x 55 mm)|
|• Rear||17 in. x 4.5 in. (432 mm x 114 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||4-piston front, and 2-piston |
torque-free floating rear
|• Rotor Type
(diameter x width):
|Patented, uniform expansion rotors |
(floating, front only)
|• Front (floating)||11.8 in. x .2 in. (300 mm x 5.1 mm)|
|• Rear||11.5 in. x .23 in. (292 mm x 5.8 mm)|
|• Anti-lock Braking System||Available|
|Two-Tones||Vivid Black with Flames, Big Blue Pearl with Flames, Ember Red Sunglo with |
Infosport Bike----"Reintroduction in 2010 Dyna Wide Glide ® ® motorcycle is all about attitude. His hard, dark and retro style feel with a retro price that gives confidence to the riders sat down and stretch. Wide Glide ® is raw and true to its roots with a wing on the back cut, black rims on the 40 spoke wheels laced, black tank console, "Tommy Gun" exhaust, tough, raked-out forks and a brushed sissy bar. Throw in the scheme of the old school of painting flames and are sure to turn heads. The lowered suspension, internally wired handlebar with 4-inch risers and basic functions for a fantastic journey, and sticker price is a great value."