2012 Harley-Davidson FLHTK Electra Glide Ultra Limited
The Electra Glide Ultra Limited is another custom-looking bike built by the American Manufacturer. Apart from its unique styling features, the motorcycle is also pretty strong as is equipped with a large, 1690 cc Twin Cam 103 engine, which puts out just enough power to reward you with a serious amount of thrills.
You also get a pretty long list of standard features which include anti-lock brakes, electronic cruise control, Smart Security System, premium Tour-Pak luggage rack, premium, plush removable luggage liners and heated hand grips.
All components are mounted on a rigid backbone frame which is combined with a stout swingarm developed to withstand the demands of long-haul touring riders.
The 2012 Harley-Davidson FLHTK Electra Glide Ultra Limited is available in four colors namely Vivid Black, Big Blue Pearl/Vivid Black, Ember Red Sunglo/Merlot Sunglo, Midnight Pearl/ Brilliant Silver Pearl.
Hit the jump for more information on the Harley-Davidson FLHTK Electra Glide Ultra Limited.
2012 Harley-Davidson FLHTK Electra Glide Ultra Limited
Harley-Davidson offers more Big Twin performance for 2012 as its Twin Cam 103™ powertrain is standard equipment on Softail® and Touring motorcycle models and most Dyna® motorcycle models. Harley-Davidson will offer two new models for 2012. The V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition celebrates a decade of power-cruiser performance, while the new Dyna® Switchback is a convertible custom-touring motorcycle with detachable hard saddlebags and windshield. In addition, the Night Rod Special has significant updates for 2012 with refreshed bodywork and optimized rider ergonomics. Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM rolls out the gleaming new CVO Road Glide® Custom, a limited-production, high-performance touring masterpiece.
Harley-Davidson believes every motorcycle it sells can be a custom of one. Harley-Davidson H-D1™ is a comprehensive offering of customization tools for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle owner. H-D1 tools include Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories listings in print and on-line catalogs, Fit Shop and consultation services at Harley-Davidson dealerships, and factory customization and Bike Builder tools on www.harley-davidson.com. H-D1 offers almost unlimited opportunities to optimize fit, function, style and performance and turn a Harley into a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
Harley- Davidson heads into 2012 with 32 models, each born of experience that spans generations and a passion for riding that will never diminish.
Highlights of the 2012 Harley-Davidson line include:
- The Twin Cam 103™ engine powers all 2012 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models with the exception of the Dyna Street Bob® and Dyna Super Glide® Custom. This engine produces up to 100 ft lbs. peak torque, an increase of approximately 6 percent over the Twin Cam 96 engine it replaces as standard power for many of these models. The Twin Cam 103 is equipped with automatic compression release. It features identifying badges on the derby cover, timer cover and air cleaner trim ring.
- A Security Package that pairs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob is available for all 2012 V-Rod®, Dyna®, Softail®, Touring and CVO™ models. The Security Package is standard equipment on CVO™ models and on the Road Glide® Ultra, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and the Road King® Classic. The Security Package is a factory-installed option for all other models.
- The Night Rod® Special is updated with new tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, an inverted front fork and improved ergonomics. Harley-Davidson celebrates a decade of power cruising with the V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition motorcycle, finished in Brilliant Silver Pearl bodywork that evokes the anodized aluminum bodywork of the original V-Rod model that introduced the liquid-cooled Revolution V-Twin engine in 2002. All V-Rod models will carry V-Rod 10th Anniversary badges.
- The new Dyna Switchback combines hard saddlebags and a windshield with the eager handling and Twin Cam 103 performance of the Dyna chassis. It’s a custom-touring bike ready for a long weekend trip, until the detachable bags and windshield are removed. Then in seconds the Switchback becomes a custom street cruiser with a gleaming headlamp nacelle, five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels and a mini-ape handlebar. This convertible concept makes the versatile Switchback two motorcycles in one.
- All Harley-Davidson Softail models get the performance boost of the Twin Cam 103 engine for 2012. The Fat Boy and Fat Boy Lo have a new reduced-reach handlebar for more-comfortable ergonomics. A lower, narrower seat shape places the Fat Boy rider in a new "in the bike" position. The Softail Deluxe and Heritage Softail Classic will be available with a new optional "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option for ease of tire replacement and repair.
- The Twin Cam 103 powertrain gives all Harley-Davidson Touring models assertive power for passing. On Touring models, the Twin Cam 103 is equipped with an oil cooler. All Touring models except the Ultra Limited will offer a new "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option.
- The Harley-Davidson Sportster® line appeals to a broad range of riders with six 2012 models ranging from the race-inspired XR1200X™ to the accessible SuperLow® to Dark Custom roadsters like the Iron 883™, Nightster® and Forty-Eight®. The Sportster® 1200 Custom can be personalized for fit, function and style with H-D1 factory customization, a process that allows customers to use the Bike Builder tool on harley-davidson.com to build the motorcycle from a selection of options that are installed as the bike is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company or are installed by a dealer after the motorcycle is delivered. New 1200 Custom color options have been added to Bike Builder for 2012.
- The new CVO Road Glide Custom is one of four limited-production 2012 models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM, each turned out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles. CVO Road Glide Custom is a hot-rod bagger with a frame-mounted fairing topped with a smoked Wind Splitter windshield, a high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system, and a color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console.
- NEW Paint color options
- Contrast Chrome, 28-spoke Cast Aluminum
wheels with narrow whitewall tires
- Black powder-coated powertrain with
- Chrome 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
- Bat-wing, fork-mounted fairing with clear,
- Smoked Lexan®
- Vented removable lower fairings with integral
- Mid-frame air deflectors
- Chrome, low-profile fuel tank console
- Deep FL front fender with trim
- Stainless steel, classic touring handlebar
- One-piece, two-up Electra Glide®
comfort stitch seat, sculpted for added comfort
and easier straddling
- Passenger backrest with wrap-around armrests
- Injection-molded hard saddlebags with liners;
2.26 cu. ft. volume
- Injection Molded hard Tour-Pak®
luggage liners, storage pockets, wrap-around
rear tail/brake lights and 12-volt, 15 amp
power supply; 2.26 cu. ft. volume
- Premium Tour-Pak luggage rack
- Titanium-faced, fairing-mounted electronic
speedometer and tachometer plus fuel, voltage,
oil pressure and ambient air temperature
gauges with white LED lighting and larger font
- Heated hand grips
- 80-watt, four-speaker Advanced Audio
System by Harman/Kardon with CD/MP3
player, and CB/Intercom
- LED rear fender tip light
- Auxiliary passing lights
The Electra Glide®
Ultra Limited provides the
next step for those looking to stand out and
upgrade their ride. Redefining “fully-loaded,”
the Electra Glide Ultra Limited boasts the large,
1690 cc Twin Cam 103™ engine, anti-lock
brakes, electronic cruise control, Smart Security
System, unique two-tone paint schemes,
luggage rack, premium,
plush removable luggage liners and heated
hand grips as standard features.
The innovative Harley-Davidson®
is based on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame
and a stout swingarm developed to withstand the
demands of long-haul touring riders and today’s
- Twin Cam 103™ engine with Electronic
Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESTI) with
heated O2 sensors and Electronic Throttle
- Integrated oil cooler
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive®
integrated Isolated Drive System (IDS)
“Multi-Tread” rear tire construction
extends tire life by 25 percent
4-piston front and rear caliper with
dual front rotor brake system
- Air-adjustable rear shocks
- Full-length rider footboards
- Height-adjustable passenger footboards
- Six-gallon fuel tank
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
Smart Security System with
hands-free security fob
- Electronic cruise control
- Optional Original Equipment Custom Color
|Engine||Air-cooled Twin Cam 103™ |
with Integrated Oil-Cooler
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port |
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Transmission||6-Speed Cruise Drive®|
|Miles Per Gallon||42 MPG combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||27.3/693|
Series, bias narrow whitewall
|• Front||D408F NW 130/80B17 65H|
|• Rear||D407 NW 180/65B16 81H|
|• Front||Black and Chrome |
28-spoke Cast Aluminum
17 in. x 3 in.
(432 mm x 76 mm)
|• Rear||Black and Chrome |
28-spoke Cast Aluminum
16 in. x 5 in.
(406 mm x 127 mm)
|Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters)||6/22.7|
|Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg)||857/388.7|
|Frame||Mild steel; tubular frame; two-piece |
stamped and welded backbone; cast
and forged junctions; twin downtubes;
bolt-on rear frame with forged fender
supports; MIG welded
|Swingarm||Mild steel; two-piece drawn and welded |
section; forged junctions; MIG welded
Front Forks 41.3 mm telescopic,
|Wheels:||Black and Chrome 28-Spoke Cast Aluminum|
|• Front||17 in. x 3 in. (432 mm x 76 mm)|
|• Rear||16 in. x 5 in. (406 mm x 127 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear|
|• Rotor Type
(diameter x width):
|Patented, fixed rotors|
|• Front (dual)||11.81 in. x .2 in. (300 mm x 5.1 mm)|
|• Rear||11.81 in. x .28 in. (300 mm x 7.1 mm)|
|•Anti-lock Braking System||Standard|
|• Front Wheel||4.6 in. (117 mm)|
|• Rear Wheel||3 in. (76 mm)|
|Two-Tones||Big Blue Pearl/Vivid Black, Ember Red Sunglo/|
Merlot Sunglo, Midnight Pearl/
Brilliant Silver Pearl
|Custom Colors||Tequila Sunrise/H-D Orange|
Infosport Bike----"The Electra Glide ® Ultra Limited offers the next step for those looking to excel and improve their driving. Redefining the "full load", the Electra Glide Ultra Limited has the great, 1690 cc Twin Cam 103 ™ engine, antilock brakes, electronic cruise control, Smart Security, unique two-tone paint schemes, the premium Tour-Pak ® rack, high quality, plush lining and removable luggage heated grips as standard. The innovative Harley-Davidson ® Touring chassis is based on a single mast, rigid backbone frame and swingarm large developed to withstand the demands of the drivers of long distance and powerful engines of today."