2012 Harley-Davidson FLSTN Softail Deluxe
The Harley Davidson FLSTN Softail Deluxe is characterized by a low slung stature, an extremely low seat with "collapsing sides," pull back handlebar and riser, and easy-reach, extended kickstand.
The Harley-Davidson FLSTN Softail Deluxe is powered by a strong Twin Cam 96B engine which is paired with a 6-Speed Cruise Drive transmission and offers an average fuel consumption of 42 mpg.
The unique look of the 2012 Harley-Davidson FLSTN Softail Deluxe is given by a series of tasty styling cues such as the clean front light bar, tombstone taillight, chrome grab rail and luggage rack and wide whitewall tires. On the options list you’ll find chrome profile laced aluminum wheels and more custom color schemes.
The bike is offered with a standard Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob, five-gallon fuel tank and a horseshoe oil tank.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Harley-Davidson FLSTN Softail Deluxe.
2012 Harley-Davidson FLSTN Softail Deluxe
Transmission:6-Speed Cruise Drive
Torque @ RPM:99 @ 3000
Harley-Davidson offers more Big Twin performance for 2012 as its Twin Cam 103™ powertrain is standard equipment on Softail® and Touring motorcycle models and most Dyna® motorcycle models. Harley-Davidson will offer two new models for 2012. The V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition celebrates a decade of power-cruiser performance, while the new Dyna® Switchback is a convertible custom-touring motorcycle with detachable hard saddlebags and windshield. In addition, the Night Rod Special has significant updates for 2012 with refreshed bodywork and optimized rider ergonomics. Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM rolls out the gleaming new CVO Road Glide® Custom, a limited-production, high-performance touring masterpiece.
Harley-Davidson believes every motorcycle it sells can be a custom of one. Harley-Davidson H-D1™ is a comprehensive offering of customization tools for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle owner. H-D1 tools include Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories listings in print and on-line catalogs, Fit Shop and consultation services at Harley-Davidson dealerships, and factory customization and Bike Builder tools on www.harley-davidson.com. H-D1 offers almost unlimited opportunities to optimize fit, function, style and performance and turn a Harley into a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
Harley- Davidson heads into 2012 with 32 models, each born of experience that spans generations and a passion for riding that will never diminish.
- The Twin Cam 103™ engine powers all 2012 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models with the exception of the Dyna Street Bob® and Dyna Super Glide® Custom. This engine produces up to 100 ft lbs. peak torque, an increase of approximately 6 percent over the Twin Cam 96 engine it replaces as standard power for many of these models. The Twin Cam 103 is equipped with automatic compression release. It features identifying badges on the derby cover, timer cover and air cleaner trim ring.
- A Security Package that pairs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob is available for all 2012 V-Rod®, Dyna®, Softail®, Touring and CVO™ models. The Security Package is standard equipment on CVO™ models and on the Road Glide® Ultra, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and the Road King® Classic. The Security Package is a factory-installed option for all other models.
- The Night Rod® Special is updated with new tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, an inverted front fork and improved ergonomics. Harley-Davidson celebrates a decade of power cruising with the V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition motorcycle, finished in Brilliant Silver Pearl bodywork that evokes the anodized aluminum bodywork of the original V-Rod model that introduced the liquid-cooled Revolution V-Twin engine in 2002. All V-Rod models will carry V-Rod 10th Anniversary badges.
The new Dyna Switchback combines hard saddlebags and a windshield with the eager handling and Twin Cam 103 performance of the Dyna chassis. It’s a custom-touring bike ready for a long weekend trip, until the detachable bags and windshield are removed. Then in seconds the Switchback becomes a custom street cruiser with a gleaming headlamp nacelle, five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels and a mini-ape handlebar. This convertible concept makes the versatile Switchback two motorcycles in one.
- All Harley-Davidson Softail models get the performance boost of the Twin Cam 103 engine for 2012. The Fat Boy and Fat Boy Lo have a new reduced-reach handlebar for more-comfortable ergonomics. A lower, narrower seat shape places the Fat Boy rider in a new "in the bike" position. The Softail Deluxe and Heritage Softail Classic will be available with a new optional "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option for ease of tire replacement and repair.
The Twin Cam 103 powertrain gives all Harley-Davidson Touring models assertive power for passing. On Touring models, the Twin Cam 103 is equipped with an oil cooler. All Touring models except the Ultra Limited will offer a new "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option.
- The Harley-Davidson Sportster® line appeals to a broad range of riders with six 2012 models ranging from the race-inspired XR1200X™ to the accessible SuperLow® to Dark Custom roadsters like the Iron 883™, Nightster® and Forty-Eight®. The Sportster® 1200 Custom can be personalized for fit, function and style with H-D1 factory customization, a process that allows customers to use the Bike Builder tool on harley-davidson.com to build the motorcycle from a selection of options that are installed as the bike is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company or are installed by a dealer after the motorcycle is delivered. New 1200 Custom color options have been added to Bike Builder for 2012.
- The new CVO Road Glide Custom is one of four limited-production 2012 models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM, each turned out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles. CVO Road Glide Custom is a hot-rod bagger with a frame-mounted fairing topped with a smoked Wind Splitter windshield, a high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system, and a color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console.
New Rigid-mounted, counter-balanced Twin Cam
103B™ V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential
Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
New Tubeless Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced
New Paint color options
- Fuel tank sender for accurate
- Black powder-coated powertrain with
- Chrome over/under shotgun exhaust
- Chrome, Laced Steel wheels
- Wide whitewall tires
- MU85B-16 rear tire
- Chrome nostalgic seven-inch ball headlamp
- Chrome oil tank
- Chrome nostalgic tank console with
- Stainless steel, low-rise handlebar
- Full-length rider footboards
- Two-piece, two-up Softail® seat with
“collapsing” sides and removable pillion
and chrome grab rails
- Integrated chrome luggage rack
- Tombstone taillight
- Full-coverage front and rear fenders with
One of the most confidence-inspiring Big Twins,
the Softail® Deluxe features an extremely low
seat with “collapsing sides,” pull back handlebar
and riser, and easy-reach, extended kickstand.
And, the powerful, counter-balanced Twin Cam
103B™ and 6-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission
are appreciated by many riders.
Exquisite style details round out every other
corner of this bike, from the clean front light bar,
to the tombstone taillight, to the chrome grab rail
and luggage rack, to the laced wheels and wide
whitewall tires. And now, the addition of the new
Security Package option means riders have the
choice of adding anti-lock brakes, giving even
more functionality to all this form.
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission
- Horseshoe oil tank
- Five-gallon fuel tank
- Optional Chrome Profile Laced
- Optional Original Equipment Custom Color
|Engine||Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103B™|
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port|
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Transmission||6-Speed Cruise Drive®|
|Miles Per Gallon||42 MPG combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||24.5/622|
Series, wide whitewall
|• Front||D402F MT90-16 72H|
|• Rear||D402 MU85B16 77H|
|• Front||Steel Laced|
16 in. x 3 in.
(406 mm x 76 mm)
|• Rear||Steel Laced|
16 in. x 3 in.
(406 mm x 76 mm)
|• Optional Style||Tubeless Chrome Aluminum|
|Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters)||5/18.9|
|Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg)||695/315|
|Frame||Mild steel tubular frame; rectangular|
section backbone; stamped, cast,
and forged junctions; forged fender
supports; MIG welded
|Swingarm||Mild steel, round tube sections,|
forged junctions; MIG welded
|Front Forks||41.3 mm telescopic, “beer can” covers|
|Rear Shocks||Hidden, horizontal-mounted, coil-over|
|Wheels (Tubeless Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced option):||Steel Laced|
|• Front||16 in. x 3 in. (406 mm x 76 mm)|
|• Rear||16 in. x 3 in. (406 mm x 76 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||4-piston front and 2-piston rear|
|• Rotor Type
(diameter x width):
|Patented, uniform expansion rotors|
|• Front||11.5 in. x .2 in. (292 mm x 5.1 mm)|
|• Rear||11.5 in. x .23 in. (292 mm x 5.8 mm)|
|• Anti-lock Braking
|Solids||Vivid Black, Big Blue Pearl, Ember Red Sunglo|
|Two-Tones||Birch White/Sunburst Red, Birch White/Midnight Pearl|
|Custom Colors||Tequila Sunrise/H-D Orange|
Ultimate Motorcycling----"The 2012 Harley-Davidson Softail Deluxe FLSTN is one of the motorcycles within this trend, the classic-styled softail now featuring the counter-balanced Twin Cam 103B with 98.7 ft. lbs. of torque at 3000 rpm. This power is delivered to the ground through a 6-Speed Cruise Drive Transmission."