2012 Harley-Davidson Softail FLSTF Fat Boy
The Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy is a classy looking cruiser. Despite its relatively old age, the motorcycle continues to be in the center of attention thanks to its custom looking design, the modern technologies and first class performances.
The 2012 Harley-Davidson Softail FLSTF Fat Boy’s distinctive features are the fat tires, fat bars, fat fenders and a big, powerful, black powder-coated, counter-balanced Twin Cam 96B engine. The latter is air cooled and has a 1690 cc displacement. The engine is mated on a six speed transmission which offers an average fuel consumption of 42 mpg.
New for 2012, the Harley-Davidson Softail FLSTF Fat Boy offers a larger readout on the odometer with more information, such as gear and RPM data, plus the new Security Package option with an Anti-lock Braking System and Smart Security System.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Harley-Davidson Softail FLSTF Fat Boy.
2012 Harley-Davidson Softail FLSTF Fat Boy
Torque @ RPM:86 @ 3000
Harley-Davidson offers more Big Twin performance for 2012 as its Twin Cam 103™ powertrain is standard equipment on Softail® and Touring motorcycle models and most Dyna® motorcycle models. Harley-Davidson will offer two new models for 2012. The V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition celebrates a decade of power-cruiser performance, while the new Dyna® Switchback is a convertible custom-touring motorcycle with detachable hard saddlebags and windshield. In addition, the Night Rod Special has significant updates for 2012 with refreshed bodywork and optimized rider ergonomics. Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM rolls out the gleaming new CVO Road Glide® Custom, a limited-production, high-performance touring masterpiece.
Harley-Davidson believes every motorcycle it sells can be a custom of one. Harley-Davidson H-D1™ is a comprehensive offering of customization tools for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle owner. H-D1 tools include Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories listings in print and on-line catalogs, Fit Shop and consultation services at Harley-Davidson dealerships, and factory customization and Bike Builder tools on www.harley-davidson.com. H-D1 offers almost unlimited opportunities to optimize fit, function, style and performance and turn a Harley into a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
Harley- Davidson heads into 2012 with 32 models, each born of experience that spans generations and a passion for riding that will never diminish.
- The Twin Cam 103™ engine powers all 2012 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models with the exception of the Dyna Street Bob® and Dyna Super Glide® Custom. This engine produces up to 100 ft lbs. peak torque, an increase of approximately 6 percent over the Twin Cam 96 engine it replaces as standard power for many of these models. The Twin Cam 103 is equipped with automatic compression release. It features identifying badges on the derby cover, timer cover and air cleaner trim ring.
- A Security Package that pairs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob is available for all 2012 V-Rod®, Dyna®, Softail®, Touring and CVO™ models. The Security Package is standard equipment on CVO™ models and on the Road Glide® Ultra, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and the Road King® Classic. The Security Package is a factory-installed option for all other models.
- The Night Rod® Special is updated with new tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, an inverted front fork and improved ergonomics. Harley-Davidson celebrates a decade of power cruising with the V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition motorcycle, finished in Brilliant Silver Pearl bodywork that evokes the anodized aluminum bodywork of the original V-Rod model that introduced the liquid-cooled Revolution V-Twin engine in 2002. All V-Rod models will carry V-Rod 10th Anniversary badges.
The new Dyna Switchback combines hard saddlebags and a windshield with the eager handling and Twin Cam 103 performance of the Dyna chassis. It’s a custom-touring bike ready for a long weekend trip, until the detachable bags and windshield are removed. Then in seconds the Switchback becomes a custom street cruiser with a gleaming headlamp nacelle, five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels and a mini-ape handlebar. This convertible concept makes the versatile Switchback two motorcycles in one.
- All Harley-Davidson Softail models get the performance boost of the Twin Cam 103 engine for 2012. The Fat Boy and Fat Boy Lo have a new reduced-reach handlebar for more-comfortable ergonomics. A lower, narrower seat shape places the Fat Boy rider in a new "in the bike" position. The Softail Deluxe and Heritage Softail Classic will be available with a new optional "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option for ease of tire replacement and repair.
- The Twin Cam 103 powertrain gives all Harley-Davidson Touring models assertive power for passing. On Touring models, the Twin Cam 103 is equipped with an oil cooler. All Touring models except the Ultra Limited will offer a new "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option.
- The Harley-Davidson Sportster® line appeals to a broad range of riders with six 2012 models ranging from the race-inspired XR1200X™ to the accessible SuperLow® to Dark Custom roadsters like the Iron 883™, Nightster® and Forty-Eight®. The Sportster® 1200 Custom can be personalized for fit, function and style with H-D1 factory customization, a process that allows customers to use the Bike Builder tool on harley-davidson.com to build the motorcycle from a selection of options that are installed as the bike is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company or are installed by a dealer after the motorcycle is delivered. New 1200 Custom color options have been added to Bike Builder for 2012.
- The new CVO Road Glide Custom is one of four limited-production 2012 models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM, each turned out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles. CVO Road Glide Custom is a hot-rod bagger with a frame-mounted fairing topped with a smoked Wind Splitter windshield, a high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system, and a color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console.
NEW Rigid-mounted, counter-balanced Twin Cam
103B™ V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential
Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
NEW Low profile, 1.25-inch internally-wired
NEW Paint color options
- Security Package option including
Security System with hands-free fob and
Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Hand controls with fewer wires
- Odometer trip switch
- Single button hazzard warning
- Large odometer readout with gear
and RPM display
- Fuel tank sender for accurate
- Black powder-coated powertrain with
- Chrome over/under shotgun exhaust
- Silver, Bullet Hole Disc Cast Aluminum wheels
- 200 mm rear tire
- Chrome front fork nacelle
- Chrome nostalgic seven-inch ball headlamp
- Chrome oil tank
- Chrome tank console with electronic speedometer
- Chrome bullet-studded seat valance and
- Chrome 1.25-inch, internally-wired handlebar
and Bare Knuckle risers
- Full-size rider footboards
- Two-piece, two-up Softail®
- Custom trimmed front fender
The legendary Fat Boy®
motorcycle defined the
“fat custom” category and imitators everywhere
tried to copy its magic. But this original
continues to turn heads wherever it rolls, with fat
tires, fat bars, a fat fender and a big, powerful,
black powder-coated, counter-balanced Twin Cam
103B™ engine. The Fat Boy®
model is the very
definition of a heavyweight motorcycle, delivering
a bold styling statement and a wide, comfortable
Now, for 2012, this boulevard icon offers a new,
ergonomic 1.25-inch internally-wired handlebar
to make the ride even more enticing. Plus the
Security Package Option with Anti-lock Braking
System and Harley-Davidson®
System seamlessly delivers the most advanced
technology in exquisite packaging in a way that
only Harley-Davidson can deliver.
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive®
- Horseshoe oil tank
- Five-gallon fuel tank
- Optional Mirror-Chrome Bullet Hole Disc Cast
- Optional Original Equipment Custom Color
|Engine||Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103B™|
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port |
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Transmission||6-Speed Cruise Drive®|
|Miles Per Gallon||42 MPG combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||25/635|
Series, radial blackwall
front and rear
|• Front||D408F 140/75R17 67V|
|• Rear||D407 200/55R17 78V|
|• Front||Silver Bullet Hole Disc |
17 in. x 3.5 in.
(432 mm x 89 mm)
|• Rear||Silver Bullet Hole Disc |
17 in. x 6 in.
(432 mm x 152 mm)
|• Optional Style||Polished Chrome Aluminum |
Bullet Hole Disc, front and rear
|Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters)||5/18.9|
|Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg)||694/315|
|Frame||Mild steel tubular frame; rectangular |
section backbone; stamped, cast,
and forged junctions; forged fender
supports; MIG welded
|Swingarm||Mild steel, round tube sections, |
forged junctions; MIG welded
|Front Forks||41.3 mm telescopic, “beer can” covers|
|Rear Shocks||Hidden, horizontal-mounted, coil-over|
|Wheels (Polished Chrome
Aluminum Bullet Hole Disc front
and rear option):
|Silver Cast Aluminum Bullet Hole Disc|
|• Front||17 in. x 3.5 in. (432 mm x 89 mm)|
|• Rear||17 in. x 6 in. (432 mm x 152 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||4-piston front and 2-piston rear|
|• Rotor Type
(diameter x width):
|Patented, uniform expansion rotors|
|• Front||11.5 in. x .2 in. (292 mm x 5.1 mm)|
|• Rear||11.5 in. x .23 in. (292 mm x 5.8 mm)|
|• Anti-lock Braking
|• Front Wheel||5.1 in. (130 mm)|
|• Rear Wheel||4.3 in. (109 mm)|
|Solids||Vivid Black, Chrome Yellow|
|Two-Tones||Midnight Pearl/Brilliant Silver Pearl|
|Custom Colors||Tequila Sunrise/H-D Orange|
Infosport Bike----"The legendary Fat Boy ® motorcycle set the "custom cool" category and imitators everywhere tried to reproduce his magic. The original continues to turn heads when it rolls with big tires, trendy bars, a fat fenders and a big, strong , black powder coated, counterbalanced Twin Cam 96B ™ engine. The Fat Boy ® model is the very definition of a heavy motorcycle that provides a bold statement and a wide comfortable driving position."