2012 Harley-Davidson Softail FLSTFB Fat Boy Lo
The Fat Boy Lo moves further the Fat Boy legacy and its unique character continues to impress us.
This new boulevard cruiser features a tasty custom design language which draws inspiration from the classic cruisers but also throws into mix numerous modern details. From front to back, the Harley-Davidson Softail FLSTFB Fat Boy Lo shows attitude, with custom, black bullet hole wheels, a denim black frame, blacked-out covers and header shields, and satin chrome in all the places mirror chrome would normally reside.
The rider is met by a narrow-cut seat which ides just 24.25-inches off the ground. You’ll also like the forward foot controls and the low, 1.25-inch handlebar.
The motorcycle is propelled by an air-cooled, Twin Cam 103B engine with a displacement of 1690cc. The engine is mated on a six speed cruise drive gearbox which offers an average fuel consumption of 42 MPG.
Hit the jump for more information on the Harley-Davidson Softail FLSTFB Fat Boy Lo.
2012 Harley-Davidson Softail FLSTFB Fat Boy Lo
Harley-Davidson offers more Big Twin performance for 2012 as its Twin Cam 103™ powertrain is standard equipment on Softail® and Touring motorcycle models and most Dyna® motorcycle models. Harley-Davidson will offer two new models for 2012. The V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition celebrates a decade of power-cruiser performance, while the new Dyna® Switchback is a convertible custom-touring motorcycle with detachable hard saddlebags and windshield. In addition, the Night Rod Special has significant updates for 2012 with refreshed bodywork and optimized rider ergonomics. Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM rolls out the gleaming new CVO Road Glide® Custom, a limited-production, high-performance touring masterpiece.
Harley-Davidson believes every motorcycle it sells can be a custom of one. Harley-Davidson H-D1™ is a comprehensive offering of customization tools for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle owner. H-D1 tools include Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories listings in print and on-line catalogs, Fit Shop and consultation services at Harley-Davidson dealerships, and factory customization and Bike Builder tools on www.harley-davidson.com. H-D1 offers almost unlimited opportunities to optimize fit, function, style and performance and turn a Harley into a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
Harley- Davidson heads into 2012 with 32 models, each born of experience that spans generations and a passion for riding that will never diminish.
- The Twin Cam 103™ engine powers all 2012 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models with the exception of the Dyna Street Bob® and Dyna Super Glide® Custom. This engine produces up to 100 ft lbs. peak torque, an increase of approximately 6 percent over the Twin Cam 96 engine it replaces as standard power for many of these models. The Twin Cam 103 is equipped with automatic compression release. It features identifying badges on the derby cover, timer cover and air cleaner trim ring.
- A Security Package that pairs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob is available for all 2012 V-Rod®, Dyna®, Softail®, Touring and CVO™ models. The Security Package is standard equipment on CVO™ models and on the Road Glide® Ultra, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and the Road King® Classic. The Security Package is a factory-installed option for all other models.
- The Night Rod® Special is updated with new tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, an inverted front fork and improved ergonomics. Harley-Davidson celebrates a decade of power cruising with the V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition motorcycle, finished in Brilliant Silver Pearl bodywork that evokes the anodized aluminum bodywork of the original V-Rod model that introduced the liquid-cooled Revolution V-Twin engine in 2002. All V-Rod models will carry V-Rod 10th Anniversary badges.
The new Dyna Switchback combines hard saddlebags and a windshield with the eager handling and Twin Cam 103 performance of the Dyna chassis. It’s a custom-touring bike ready for a long weekend trip, until the detachable bags and windshield are removed. Then in seconds the Switchback becomes a custom street cruiser with a gleaming headlamp nacelle, five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels and a mini-ape handlebar. This convertible concept makes the versatile Switchback two motorcycles in one.
- All Harley-Davidson Softail models get the performance boost of the Twin Cam 103 engine for 2012. The Fat Boy and Fat Boy Lo have a new reduced-reach handlebar for more-comfortable ergonomics. A lower, narrower seat shape places the Fat Boy rider in a new "in the bike" position. The Softail Deluxe and Heritage Softail Classic will be available with a new optional "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option for ease of tire replacement and repair.
The Twin Cam 103 powertrain gives all Harley-Davidson Touring models assertive power for passing. On Touring models, the Twin Cam 103 is equipped with an oil cooler. All Touring models except the Ultra Limited will offer a new "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option.
- The Harley-Davidson Sportster® line appeals to a broad range of riders with six 2012 models ranging from the race-inspired XR1200X™ to the accessible SuperLow® to Dark Custom roadsters like the Iron 883™, Nightster® and Forty-Eight®. The Sportster® 1200 Custom can be personalized for fit, function and style with H-D1 factory customization, a process that allows customers to use the Bike Builder tool on harley-davidson.com to build the motorcycle from a selection of options that are installed as the bike is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company or are installed by a dealer after the motorcycle is delivered. New 1200 Custom color options have been added to Bike Builder for 2012.
- The new CVO Road Glide Custom is one of four limited-production 2012 models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM, each turned out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles. CVO Road Glide Custom is a hot-rod bagger with a frame-mounted fairing topped with a smoked Wind Splitter windshield, a high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system, and a color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console.
NEW Rigid-mounted, counter-balanced Twin Cam
103B™ V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential
Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
NEW Low profile, 1.25-inch internally-wired
NEW Paint color options
- Seat is lower and narrower for an easy reach to
- Leather tank panel with
- Satin-chrome tank console and side badges
- Bullet Hole Disc Cast Aluminum wheels with
black centers and machined outer rims
- Denim Black frame, swingarm, front shock
covers, derby cover, horn cover, coil cover, oil
tank, and air cleaner cover
- Gloss Black triple clamp covers and nacelle,
headlight bucket, air cleaner cover trim ring,
rear fender supports, footboards
- Black powder-coated powertrain with
- Rear suspension lowered 1.15-inch
- 200 mm rear tire
- Over/under shotgun exhaust with satin-chrome
mufflers and muffler shields, and flat-black
- Half-moon black rider floorboards
- Stainless steel 1.25-inch, internally-wired
- Rolled edge front fender
- Full-coverage rear fender
Building on the Fat Boy®
legacy, the Fat Boy®
Lo brought a darker, slammed appearance to the
world of boulevard cruisers, drawing the attention
of core customers and dreamers alike.
From front to back, this custom cruiser shows
attitude, with custom, black bullet hole wheels,
a denim black frame, blacked-out covers and
header shields, and satin chrome in all the
places mirror chrome would normally reside.
But it’s not just about looks. A slammed,
narrow-cut seat rides just 24.25-inches off the
ground, while the forward foot controls and low,
1.25-inch handlebar create a secure stance that
inspires a cruising state of mind. And with the
new addition of anti-lock brakes in the Security
Package option, the Fat Boy Lo truly remains at
the head of the pack.
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive®
- Horseshoe oil tank
- Five-gallon fuel tank
|Engine||Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103B™|
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port |
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Transmission||6-Speed Cruise Drive®|
|Miles Per Gallon||42 MPG combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||24.3/616|
Series, radial blackwall
front and rear
|• Front||D408F 140/75R17 67V|
|• Rear||D407 200/55R17 78V|
|• Front||Black Bullet Hole Disc |
17 in. x 3.5 in.
(432 mm x 89 mm)
|• Rear||Black Bullet Hole Disc |
17 in. x 6 in.
(432 mm x 152 mm)
|Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters)||5/18.9|
|Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg)||700/318|
|Primary Drive||Chain, 34/46 ratio|
|Final Drive||Belt, 32/66 ratio|
|Transmission||6-Speed Cruise Drive®|
|Frame||Mild steel tubular frame; rectangular |
section backbone; stamped, cast,
and forged junctions; forged fender
supports; MIG welded
|Swingarm||Mild steel, round tube sections, |
forged junctions; MIG welded
|Front Forks||41.3 mm telescopic, “beer can” covers|
|Rear Shocks||Hidden, horizontal-mounted, coil-over|
|Wheels:||Black Bullet Hole Cast Aluminum Disc|
|• Front||17 in. x 3.5 in. (432 mm x 89 mm)|
|• Rear||17 in. x 6 in. (432 mm x 152 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||4-piston front and 2-piston rear|
|• Rotor Type
(diameter x width):
|Patented, uniform expansion rotors|
|• Front||11.5 in. x .2 in. (292 mm x 5.1 mm)|
|• Rear||11.5 in. x .23 in. (292 mm x 5.8 mm)|
|• Front Wheel||5.1 in. (130 mm)|
|• Rear Wheel||3.6 in. (91 mm)|
|Solids||Vivid Black, Big Blue Pearl, Brilliant Silver Pearl, Black Denim|
Powersport Network----"The 2012 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy Lo FLSTFB has all the features you expect on custom Harley motorcycles. Hearkening to the ’hardtail’ choppers of the ’60s and ’70s, the Fat Boy Lo is one of the custom Harley motorcycles that keeps that heritage alive more than forty years later. And this special edition shows a darker side of the original ’fat custom’ bike—laid-back and blacked-out with an unmistakable profile on the road. New for 2012, the Harley Fat Boy Lo features a powerful, new larger air-cooled Twin Cam 103 Harley engine with 6-speed cruise drive tranmission, providing more performance power for passing, hill-climbing, and riding with passenger and luggage. Take a minute and learn about all the features of the Fat Boy Lo and learn more about other custom Harley motorcycles."