2012 Harley-Davidson Touring FLHX Street Glide
The Harley Davidson Touring Street Glide was inspired by the streets. Its chassis is based on a rigid backbone frame and a stout swingarm, both carefully forged to be able to cope with the demands of long haul touring.
The Harley-Davidson Touring FLHX Street Glide is powered by an air-cooled Twin Cam 103 engine with integrated oil-cooler. The engine has a 1690cc displacement and is paired with a 6-Speed Cruise Drive. The company says that the motorcycle offers a combined fuel consumption of 42 mpg (city/highway).
The stopping power is handled by Brembo 4-piston front and rear calipers with dual front rotors which are combined with optional ABS brakes. More optional features include chromed profile laced aluminum wheels and electronic cruise control.
As far as colors go the motorcycle is available in Vivid Black, Big Blue Pearl, Ember Red Sunglo and Black Denim.
Hit the jump for more information on the Harley-Davidson Touring FLHX Street Glide.
2012 Harley-Davidson Touring FLHX Street Glide
Engine:Air-cooled Twin Cam 103™ with Integrated Oil-Cooler
Torque @ RPM:100 ft. lbs. @ 3250 RPM
Displacement:103 cu. in. (1690 cc) L
Harley-Davidson offers more Big Twin performance for 2012 as its Twin Cam 103™ powertrain is standard equipment on Softail® and Touring motorcycle models and most Dyna® motorcycle models. Harley-Davidson will offer two new models for 2012. The V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition celebrates a decade of power-cruiser performance, while the new Dyna® Switchback is a convertible custom-touring motorcycle with detachable hard saddlebags and windshield. In addition, the Night Rod Special has significant updates for 2012 with refreshed bodywork and optimized rider ergonomics. Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM rolls out the gleaming new CVO Road Glide® Custom, a limited-production, high-performance touring masterpiece.
Harley-Davidson believes every motorcycle it sells can be a custom of one. Harley-Davidson H-D1™ is a comprehensive offering of customization tools for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle owner. H-D1 tools include Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories listings in print and on-line catalogs, Fit Shop and consultation services at Harley-Davidson dealerships, and factory customization and Bike Builder tools on www.harley-davidson.com. H-D1 offers almost unlimited opportunities to optimize fit, function, style and performance and turn a Harley into a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
Harley- Davidson heads into 2012 with 32 models, each born of experience that spans generations and a passion for riding that will never diminish.
Highlights of the 2012 Harley-Davidson line include:
- The Twin Cam 103™ engine powers all 2012 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models with the exception of the Dyna Street Bob® and Dyna Super Glide® Custom. This engine produces up to 100 ft lbs. peak torque, an increase of approximately 6 percent over the Twin Cam 96 engine it replaces as standard power for many of these models. The Twin Cam 103 is equipped with automatic compression release. It features identifying badges on the derby cover, timer cover and air cleaner trim ring.
- A Security Package that pairs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob is available for all 2012 V-Rod®, Dyna®, Softail®, Touring and CVO™ models. The Security Package is standard equipment on CVO™ models and on the Road Glide® Ultra, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and the Road King® Classic. The Security Package is a factory-installed option for all other models.
- The Night Rod® Special is updated with new tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, an inverted front fork and improved ergonomics. Harley-Davidson celebrates a decade of power cruising with the V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition motorcycle, finished in Brilliant Silver Pearl bodywork that evokes the anodized aluminum bodywork of the original V-Rod model that introduced the liquid-cooled Revolution V-Twin engine in 2002. All V-Rod models will carry V-Rod 10th Anniversary badges.
- The new Dyna Switchback combines hard saddlebags and a windshield with the eager handling and Twin Cam 103 performance of the Dyna chassis. It’s a custom-touring bike ready for a long weekend trip, until the detachable bags and windshield are removed. Then in seconds the Switchback becomes a custom street cruiser with a gleaming headlamp nacelle, five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels and a mini-ape handlebar. This convertible concept makes the versatile Switchback two motorcycles in one.
- All Harley-Davidson Softail models get the performance boost of the Twin Cam 103 engine for 2012. The Fat Boy and Fat Boy Lo have a new reduced-reach handlebar for more-comfortable ergonomics. A lower, narrower seat shape places the Fat Boy rider in a new "in the bike" position. The Softail Deluxe and Heritage Softail Classic will be available with a new optional "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option for ease of tire replacement and repair.
- The Twin Cam 103 powertrain gives all Harley-Davidson Touring models assertive power for passing. On Touring models, the Twin Cam 103 is equipped with an oil cooler. All Touring models except the Ultra Limited will offer a new "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option.
- The Harley-Davidson Sportster® line appeals to a broad range of riders with six 2012 models ranging from the race-inspired XR1200X™ to the accessible SuperLow® to Dark Custom roadsters like the Iron 883™, Nightster® and Forty-Eight®. The Sportster® 1200 Custom can be personalized for fit, function and style with H-D1 factory customization, a process that allows customers to use the Bike Builder tool on harley-davidson.com to build the motorcycle from a selection of options that are installed as the bike is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company or are installed by a dealer after the motorcycle is delivered. New 1200 Custom color options have been added to Bike Builder for 2012.
- The new CVO Road Glide Custom is one of four limited-production 2012 models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM, each turned out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles. CVO Road Glide Custom is a hot-rod bagger with a frame-mounted fairing topped with a smoked Wind Splitter windshield, a high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system, and a color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console.
- NEW Rubber-mounted Twin Cam 103™ V-Twin
engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel
Injection (ESPFI) with heated O2 sensors and
- Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
NEW Tubeless Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced
- NEW Paint color options
- Security Package Option including
Security System with hands-free fob and
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Sculpted seat for added comfort and
- Custom floorboard for comfort and confidence
- 18-inch front wheel with a lower-profile,
- 2-into-1 exhaust and single, four-inch-diameter
- Red stop/turn/tail lights with chrome bracket
that doubles as a visor over the
low-mounted license plate
- Black powder-coated powertrain with
- Black, Slotted Disc cast aluminum wheels
- Lowered rear suspension
- Bat-wing, fork-mounted fairing with smoke,
mini wind deflector and fairing-mount mirrors
- Chrome, low-profile fuel tank console
- Deep FL front fender with no trim
- Stainless steel, classic touring handlebar
- One-piece, two-up Street Glide®
- Injection-molded hard saddlebags with colormatched latches; 26 cu. ft. volume
- Inserts fill the spaces between the saddlebags
and the rear fender
- Silver-faced, fairing-mounted electronic
speedometer and tachometer plus fuel, voltage,
oil pressure and ambient air temperature gauge
- Streamliner footboards, brake pedal and
- 40-watt, two-speaker Advanced Audio System
by Harman/Kardon with CD/MP3 player
- Tri-line LED rear fender tip light
The Street Glide®
is a bagger with street-wise
soul, such as stripped down trim and chrome,
low suspension, and blackened, cropped wind
deflector. Inspired by the street, the Street Glide
is ready to roar with attitude.
The innovative Harley-Davidson®
is based on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame
and a stout swingarm developed to withstand the
demands of long-haul touring riders and today’s
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive®
integrated Isolated Drive System (IDS)
“Multi-Tread” rear tire construction
extends tire life by 25 percent
4-piston front and rear caliper with
dual front rotor brake system
- Air-adjustable rear shocks
- Full-length rider footboards
- Height-adjustable passenger footboards
- Six-gallon fuel tank
- Optional Chrome, Profile Laced
- Optional Electronic cruise control
- Optional Original Equipment Custom Color
|Engine||Air-cooled Twin Cam 103™ |
with Integrated Oil-Cooler
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port |
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Transmission||6-Speed Cruise Drive®|
|Miles Per Gallon||42 MPG combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||26.1/663|
Series, bias blackwall front
|• Front||D408F BW 130/70B18 63H|
|• Rear||D407 BW 180/65B16 81H|
|• Front||Black Slotted 5-Spoke |
18 in. x 3.5 in.
(457 mm x 89 mm)
|• Rear||Black Slotted 5-Spoke |
16 in. x 5 in.
(406 mm x 127 mm)
|• Optional Style||Tubeless Chrome Aluminum |
|Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters)||6/22.7|
|Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg)||785/356.1|
|Frame||Mild steel; tubular frame; two-piece |
stamped and welded backbone; cast
and forged junctions; twin downtubes;
bolt-on rear frame with forged fender
supports; MIG welded
|Swingarm||Mild steel; two-piece drawn and welded |
section; forged junctions; MIG welded
|Front Forks||41.3 mm telescopic, |
triple circuit damping
|Rear Shocks||Short, air-adjustable|
|Wheels(Tubeless Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced option):||Black Slotted 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum|
|• Front||18 in. x 3.5 in. (457 mm x 89 mm)|
|• Rear||16 in. x 5 in. (406 mm x 127 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear|
|• Rotor Type
(diameter x width):
|Patented, fixed rotors|
|• Front (dual)||11.81 in. x .2 in. (300 mm x 5.1 mm)|
|• Rear||11.81 in. x .28 in. (300 mm x 7.1 mm)|
|Solids||Vivid Black, Big Blue Pearl, Ember Red Sunglo, Black Denim|
|Custom Colors||Tequila Sunrise/H-D Orange|
Ultimate Motorcycling----"The power of the Twin Cam 103 is transferred to the ground through a 6-Speed Cruise Drive transmission with integrated Isolated Drive System (IDS). And stopping all this power is a Brembo 4-piston front and rear caliper with dual front rotor brake system."