2012 Harley-Davidson VRSCF V-Rod Muscle
Harley-Davidson celebrates a decade of pavement-pounding performance with the V-Rod 10th Anniversary Edition motorcycle, one of three models in a 2012 V-Rod line that also includes an updated Night Rod Special and the V-Rod Muscle.
The first V-Rod is around for over 10 years now, and since its inception, the bike was received with a lot of interest by the riders who were seeking for a reliable and classic laid back cruiser.
The 2012 bike inspires confidence and power thanks to its imposing air scoops, muscle bound mufflers and the 240 mm rear tire. Dark and sinister, the restyled Night Rod Special also features a new tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, and improved ergonomics with reduced reach to both the rider footpegs and handlebar.
Power comes from a 1250 cc liquid-cooled Revolution engine which has enough grunt to reward you with sporty performances and a mighty roar.
The ride quality is assured by new inverted front forks and retuned rear suspensions.
2012 Harley-Davidson VRSCF V-Rod Muscle
Harley-Davidson offers more Big Twin performance for 2012 as its Twin Cam 103™ powertrain is standard equipment on Softail® and Touring motorcycle models and most Dyna® motorcycle models. Harley-Davidson will offer two new models for 2012. The V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition celebrates a decade of power-cruiser performance, while the new Dyna® Switchback is a convertible custom-touring motorcycle with detachable hard saddlebags and windshield. In addition, the Night Rod Special has significant updates for 2012 with refreshed bodywork and optimized rider ergonomics. Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM rolls out the gleaming new CVO Road Glide® Custom, a limited-production, high-performance touring masterpiece.
Harley-Davidson believes every motorcycle it sells can be a custom of one. Harley-Davidson H-D1™ is a comprehensive offering of customization tools for the Harley-Davidson motorcycle owner. H-D1 tools include Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories listings in print and on-line catalogs, Fit Shop and consultation services at Harley-Davidson dealerships, and factory customization and Bike Builder tools on www.harley-davidson.com. H-D1 offers almost unlimited opportunities to optimize fit, function, style and performance and turn a Harley into a motorcycle that is truly personalized to its owner.
Harley- Davidson heads into 2012 with 32 models, each born of experience that spans generations and a passion for riding that will never diminish.
Highlights of the 2012 Harley-Davidson line include:
- The Twin Cam 103™ engine powers all 2012 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models with the exception of the Dyna Street Bob® and Dyna Super Glide® Custom. This engine produces up to 100 ft lbs. peak torque, an increase of approximately 6 percent over the Twin Cam 96 engine it replaces as standard power for many of these models. The Twin Cam 103 is equipped with automatic compression release. It features identifying badges on the derby cover, timer cover and air cleaner trim ring.
- A Security Package that pairs Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob is available for all 2012 V-Rod®, Dyna®, Softail®, Touring and CVO™ models. The Security Package is standard equipment on CVO™ models and on the Road Glide® Ultra, the Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, and the Road King® Classic. The Security Package is a factory-installed option for all other models.
- The Night Rod® Special is updated with new tapered tail section, lighter-weight wheels, an inverted front fork and improved ergonomics. Harley-Davidson celebrates a decade of power cruising with the V-Rod® 10th Anniversary Edition motorcycle, finished in Brilliant Silver Pearl bodywork that evokes the anodized aluminum bodywork of the original V-Rod model that introduced the liquid-cooled Revolution V-Twin engine in 2002. All V-Rod models will carry V-Rod 10th Anniversary badges.
- The new Dyna Switchback combines hard saddlebags and a windshield with the eager handling and Twin Cam 103 performance of the Dyna chassis. It’s a custom-touring bike ready for a long weekend trip, until the detachable bags and windshield are removed. Then in seconds the Switchback becomes a custom street cruiser with a gleaming headlamp nacelle, five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels and a mini-ape handlebar. This convertible concept makes the versatile Switchback two motorcycles in one.
- All Harley-Davidson Softail models get the performance boost of the Twin Cam 103 engine for 2012. The Fat Boy and Fat Boy Lo have a new reduced-reach handlebar for more-comfortable ergonomics. A lower, narrower seat shape places the Fat Boy rider in a new "in the bike" position. The Softail Deluxe and Heritage Softail Classic will be available with a new optional "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option for ease of tire replacement and repair.
The Twin Cam 103 powertrain gives all Harley-Davidson Touring models assertive power for passing. On Touring models, the Twin Cam 103 is equipped with an oil cooler. All Touring models except the Ultra Limited will offer a new "tubeless" Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced wheel option.
- The Harley-Davidson Sportster® line appeals to a broad range of riders with six 2012 models ranging from the race-inspired XR1200X™ to the accessible SuperLow® to Dark Custom roadsters like the Iron 883™, Nightster® and Forty-Eight®. The Sportster® 1200 Custom can be personalized for fit, function and style with H-D1 factory customization, a process that allows customers to use the Bike Builder tool on harley-davidson.com to build the motorcycle from a selection of options that are installed as the bike is assembled by Harley-Davidson Motor Company or are installed by a dealer after the motorcycle is delivered. New 1200 Custom color options have been added to Bike Builder for 2012.
- The new CVO Road Glide Custom is one of four limited-production 2012 models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM, each turned out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles. CVO Road Glide Custom is a hot-rod bagger with a frame-mounted fairing topped with a smoked Wind Splitter windshield, a high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system, and a color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console.
10th Anniversary emblem
- Security Package option including
Security System with hands-free fob and
Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Platinum powder-coated powertrain with
- Satin chrome dual exhaust with
- Silver, Five-Spoke Cast Aluminum wheels
- Sport front fender with black brace supports
and blacked-out rear section
- Polished aluminum handlebar with
- Polished forged aluminum triple clamps
- Chopped rear fender
- Angular airbox with side covers
- Color-matched radiator shrouds
- Satin black headlamp bucket
- LED front turn signals integrated in
- LED combined stop/tail/turn light integrated
within rear fender
- Side-mounted license plate
- 43 mm inverted forks
- Stylized rear shocks with black springs
- Black frame
- Deep, drag-style two-up seat
The fast, powerful and aggressive V-Rod
Muscle™ motorcycle is built for riders who want
a little extra beef with their horsepower.
Big meaty air scoops, muscle-bound mufflers,
240mm rear tire, fastback-style tail section and
massive airbox compliment the power of the
1250 cc liquid-cooled Revolution®
the V-Rod Muscle™ and you’ll learn the true
definition of “power cruiser.” This brawny beast
is for performance enthusiasts who crave power
and control, with a dash of intimidation, in a
package that is all Harley-Davidson.
- High-performance Brembo®
with available ABS
- Race-bred slip and assist clutch helps ease
drive train effort during downshifting
- 240 mm wide rear tire
- Forward-mounted footpegs and controls
- Teardrop reflector-optic headlight
- Electric power accessory connector under seat
|Engine||Liquid-cooled, Revolution®, 60° V-Twin|
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port |
Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
|Miles Per Gallon||37 MPG combined City/Hwy|
|Seat Height (laden) (in./mm)||25.6/650|
front and rear
|• Front||Black, 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum|
19 in. x 3 in.
(483 mm x 76 mm)
|• Rear||Black, 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum|
18 in. x 8 in.
(457 mm x 203 mm)
|Fuel Capacity (U.S. gals/liters)||5/18.9|
|Weight as Shipped (lbs./kg)||640/290|
|Frame||Steel perimeter upper frame with |
hydroformed main rails and bolt-on
lower frame rails; MIG welded
|Swingarm||Polished, one-piece cast aluminum |
with black powder-coat finish
|Front Forks||43 mm Inverted|
|Rear Shocks||Preload adjustable|
|Wheels:||Black Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum |
with Orange Pinstripe
|• Front||19 in. x 3 in. (483 mm x 76 mm)|
|• Rear||18 in. x 8 in. (457 mm x 203 mm)|
|• Caliper Type||4-piston front and rear|
|• Rotor Type
(diameter x width):
|Patented, one-piece floating rotor (front), |
uniform expansion rotor (rear)
|• Front (dual)||11.81 in. x .2 in. (300 mm x 5.1 mm)|
|• Rear||11.81 in. x .28 in. (300 mm x 7.1 mm)|
|• Front||4 in. (102 mm)|
|• Rear||2.9 in. (74 mm)|
|Solids||Vivid Black, Black Denim|
|Two-Tones||Chrome Yellow featuring |
Infosport Bike----"The fast, powerful and aggressive V-Rod Muscle ™ motorcycle is designed for riders who want a little more meat with their horses. Big meaty balls, muscular silent 240 mm rear tire, the fastback tail style airbox and complement the enormous power of the DC motor and liquid-cooled Revolution 1250. Ride the V-Rod Muscle ™ and experience the true definition of "power cruiser". This beast is muscular performance enthusiasts who seek power and control, with a hint of intimidation in a package that is Harley-Davidson."