2008 Honda Shadow Aero
Rugged retro styling, a big-bike look and feel, a low seat height, athletic handling and a price that makes it easy to own make the Aero the perfect machine for riders wanting more for less.
2008 Honda Shadow Aero
Engine:liquid-cooled 52o V-twin
Wow, what a beautiful motorcycle... It feels great and is very comfortable and has such great balance too. The Honda Shadow Aero 750 is a beautiful cruiser and not overpowering or high torque like a crotch rocket. It’s a great bike for those who want to re-learn to ride on. I’ve been able to do things on the bike that I wouldn’t have thought that I could. The light weight & perfect balance allow for slow speed maneuvering, especially in tight spots. This bike has been nothing but fun.
The Shadow Aero is an awesome looking bike that provides a lot more than another name brand bike at less than HALF the cost. I would have to say about this motorcycle is that it turns heads. Within several hours of riding it, I have had old, young and middle age people stop and slow down just to look at me and at this bike riding away. That made me feel good.
This bike has been everything I expected and more. It rides like a dream and handles like one too. All in all it’s a GREAT bike and I would recommend this bike to anyone!
New for 2008
- Sleek new two-into-two exhaust system features bullet-style mufflers for a classic crusier style.
- New custom-styled Shadow tank logo.
- New Candy Dark Red, Metallic Silver/Black, Black/White, Candy Dark Red/White and classic Black colors.
- 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
- Crankshaft features long-stroke design along with high-mass ACG to produce strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
- Single 34mm constant-velocity carburetor offers crisp throttle response.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber (see Technology Section)
- Finned cylinders enhance appearance and give a big-bike look.
- Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life. Mounted between frame rails for enhanced appearance.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
- Innovative frame design features large, steel tube backbone reaching back from massive cast steering head to rear of the engine case for simplicity and strength.
- Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features large-diameter chrome steel shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive retro look. Delivers confident, neutral handling control and plush 4.6-inch wheel travel.
- Large 4mm-thick fork brace mounted under fender enhances rigidity.
- Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position spring preload adjustability and eye-catching chrome covers, while offering 3.5 inches of wheel travel for a smooth, well-controlled ride.
- Large-section tires are mounted on traditional spoked wheels with wide chrome rims. The front end features a fat 120/90-17 tire that provides a wide footprint and matches the substantial style of the machine.
- Single front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips a 296mm drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake features a 180mm drum.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
- Chrome highlights include: cylinder-head cover, air-cleaner cover, left and right engine sidecovers, brake and clutch lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, swingarm pivot cap, ignition ignition switch cover, handlebar, rear shock covers and headlight.
- Speedometer is set into the front of the fuel tank for classic retro styling.
- Broad, low-slung solo seat with detachable passenger seat.
- Stylish 3.7-gallon fuel tank.
- Classically styled and powerful 60-watt/55-watt halogen headlight.
- Large, custom-styled taillight and attractive retro-styled turn-signal indicators.
- Steering-head lock and helmet lock for added security when parked.
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Touring Accessories: Custom Windscreen, Backrest with Pad (Tall and Low styles) and Rear Carrier (Square Tube).
- Chrome Accessories: Backrest Trim (Tall and Low styles), Lightbar, Spotlight Visors, Front Fender Guard Rail, Rear Fender Guard Rail, Radiator Guard, Front Fender Tip, Front Fender Trim, Rear Fender Trim, Swingarm Pivot Cover Set, Seat Trim Rail, Solo Rider Rear Carrier, Driveshaft Cover and Master Cylinder Cap (Chrome and Chrome Billet).
- Leather Accessories: Saddlebags (two styles: Plain and Studded), Front Pouch (three styles: Plain, Studded and Fringed), Touring Bag (three styles: Plain, Studded and Fringed) and Tank Belt (two styles: Plain and Studded).
- Additional Accessories: Digital Audio System, Cycle Cover.
Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52o V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 79mm x 76mm
Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
Valvetrain: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Induction: Single 34mm constant-velocity carburetor
Ignition: CD with electronic advance, two spark plugs per cylinder
Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: Shaft
- Front: 41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
- Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
- Front: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear: 180mm drum
- Front: 120/90-17
- Rear: 160/80-15
Wheelbase: 64.5 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 34
Trail: 161mm (6.3 inches)
Seat Height: 25.9 inches
Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Colors: Candy Dark Red, Metallic Silver/Black, Black/White, Candy Dark Red/White, Black
Meets current EPA standards.
California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.