2008 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 C2
A classic 45-degree V-twin liquid-cooled engine loaded with low-end and mid-range power makes the stylish Spirit a great choice for solo or two-up riding.
2008 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 C2
Engine:liquid-cooled 52o V-twin
Honda got this one right. The bike handles like it was made for the roads. It seems to anticipate your every move and corners like a dream. First impression was, ’This looks old school, I like it!’ A very nice and dependable bike. The low seat height is very easy on & off. I like the location & ease of use of the controls especially the choke & fuel valve. The speedometer on the tank gives an open look over the handlebars. If you drive harder, you may want a larger bike.
Great Handling, Great Maneuverability, Great fuel mileage (48.8 City). The acceleration and shifting are fantastic, and the shaft drive makes the ride very smooth. The bike as a whole is very forgiving, and the visual appeal of the bike is fantastic. This bike is a true joy to ride!! All I can say is it’s worth the money.
Keep up the great work Honda.
New for 2008
- New Metallic Silver, Candy Dark Red/Flame and Ultra Blue Metallic / Flame colors join Black.
- A 21-inch front wheel for a narrow, custom look and light steering feel.
- Incredibly low 25.7-inch seat height.
- Big-bike looks and feel at a very attractive price.
- 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
- Crankshaft features long-stroke design along with high-mass ACG to produce strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
- Single 34mm constant-velocity (CV) carburetor offers crisp throttle response.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber (see Technology Section)
- Finned cylinders enhance appearance and give a big-bike look.
- Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life. Mounted between frame rails for enhanced appearance.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
- CD ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
- Sleek two-into-two exhaust system features bullet-style mufflers for a classic street-rod look.
- Innovative frame design features large, steel tube backbone reaching back from cast steering head to rear of the engine case for simplicity and strength.
- Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features large-diameter chrome-steel shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive retro look. Delivers confident, neutral handling and plush 4.6-inch wheel travel.
- Large 4mm-thick fork brace mounted under fender enhances rigidity.
- Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position spring preload adjustability and eye-catching chrome covers, while offering 3.5 inches of wheel travel for a smooth ride.
- Single front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips a 296mm drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake is drum type.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth and reliable low-maintenance operation.
- Chrome highlights include cylinder-head cover, air-cleaner cover, left and right engine sidecovers, brake and clutch lever brackets, rear brake pedal, shift lever, swingarm pivot cap, ignition switch cover, handlebar, rear shock covers and headlight.
- Handlebar design offers sporty, street-rod feel.
- Tank-mounted speedometer features attractive chrome instrument housing.
- Sleek, one-piece gunfighter-type seat.
- Custom, integrated taillight design.
- Stylish 3.7-gallon fuel tank.
- Brilliant, 60-/55-watt halogen headlight.
- Steering-head lock and helmet lock for added security when parked.
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Touring Accessories: Custom Windscreen, Leather Saddlebags (two styles: Studded, Fringed or Plain), Synthetic Leather Saddlebags, Leather Tank Belt (two styles: Studded or Plain), Leather Front Pouch (three styles: Studded, Fringed or Plain), Leather Touring Bag (three styles: Studded, Fringed or Plain), Saddlebag Liner Set.
- Chrome Accessories: Light Bar, Spotlight Visors, Backrest with Pad (available in Tall and Low styles), Backrest Trim (available in Tall and Low styles), Rear Carrier, Passenger Grab Rails, Radiator Guard, Allen-Bolt Inserts (three sizes: 5mm, 6mm and 8mm), Throw-over Saddlebag Supports, Driveshaft Cover.
- Billet Accessories: Master-Cylinder Cap (four styles: Fluted, V Design, Neo-Retro and Chrome), Handlebar Clamp, Swingarm Pivot Cover Set, License-Plate Frame (three styles: Fluted, V Design and Neo-Retro).
- Additional Accessories: Digital Audio System, Cycle Cover.
Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52o V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 79mm x 76mm
Compression ratio: 9.6:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Induction: Single 34mm constant-velocity carburetor
Ignition: CD with electronic advance, two spark plugs per cylinder
Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: Shaft
- Front: 41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
- Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
- Front: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear: Drum
- Front: 90/90-21
- Rear: 160/80-15
Wheelbase: 65.0 inches
Rake (Caster angle): 34o30’
Trail: 158mm (6.2 inches)
Seat Height: 25.7 inches
Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Colors: Metallic Silver, Candy Dark Red/Flame, Ultra Blue Metallic / Flame, Black
Meets current EPA standards.
California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.