2011 Honda FourTrax Rincon
The Honda FourTrax Rincon has been one of the most popular ATVs for a reason. Since it was first introduced, it ushered in a new generation of sporty ATVs that offered an exceptional combination of looks, power, and handling characteristics and were considered the best of their kind on the market.
For the 2011 model, Honda further improved the Rincon to offer superior characteristics, including the extensive use of weight-saving measures with the use of aluminum for the following components: forged front upper control arms, rear upper and lower control arms, rear knuckles, front and rear wheels. The ATV also has a new multi-function LCD digital instrumentation that features large readouts for gear-selector position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter, and hourmeter/clock. Likewise, an instrument housing includes LEDs for Drive, Neutral, Reverse, temperature warning, and FI warning indicator while a fuel gauge and low-fuel warning light located within the instrument housing comes as standard equipment.
The FourTrax Rincon is powered by a 675cc liquid-cooled OHV semi-dry-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke engine that’s mated to an automotive-style Honda automatic transmission that features a hydraulic torque converter, three hydraulic clutches and an Electronic Control Module (ECM) system. At its core, the FourTrax Rincon was built with a rugged steel perimeter frame and four-wheel independent suspension. The ATV uses an independent rear suspension with a double-wishbone design and features forged-aluminum knuckles. The simple suspension set-up allows the ATV to maintain rear wheel alignment, further reducing unsprung weight and contributing to a more responsive overall handling.
Find out more about the full specs of the Honda FourTrax Rincon after the jump.
2011 Honda FourTrax Rincon
Engine:liquid-cooled OHV semi-dry-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke engine
Transmission:automotive-style Honda automatic transmission
- Advanced-design Longitudinally Mounted Engine.
- Four-valve cylinder head with two short pushrods provides a broad powerband for optimum performance and engine efficiency.
- Camshaft is located adjacent to the cylinder head, reducing engine height. Together with the unique, semi-dry sump, engine height is further reduced for a low center of gravity and excellent handling.
- Semi-dry-sump oiling system locates the oil tank inside the engine cases, lowering engine height and allowing optimum engine placement for excellent ground clearance and superb handling.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI).
- The automotive-style Honda automatic transmission features a hydraulic torque converter, three hydraulic clutches and an Electronic Control Module (ECM) to automatically select one of three forward gears and one Reverse gear. The ECM monitors throttle opening, vehicle speed, engine rpm, gear selector position, brake application and engine oil temperature.
- The compact and maintenance-free transmission design means there are no belts to wear out and replace. It also features a filtration system to protect against external contamination. By using this multi-filtered engine oil as hydraulic fluid, the design also simplifies maintenance and ensures an adequate oil supply in all operating conditions.
- TraxLok® selectable 2WD/4WD system.
- Torque-Sensitive Front Differential.
- Electric Shift Program (ESP).
- A handlebar-mounted control switches the automatic transmission between ESP mode and automatic operation.
- A convenient column-style shift lever permits the rider to easily select Drive, Neutral or Reverse.
- A rugged steel perimeter frame and four-wheel independent suspension provide an exceptional 10.0 inches of ground clearance.
- Honda’s independent rear suspension uses a double-wishbone design and features forged-aluminum knuckles and upper/lower A-arms to substantially reduce unsprung weight. The rear knuckle pivots use lightweight metal bushings in place of conventional ball joints and radius arms, eliminating geometry variations as the rear suspension travels through its stroke. This simple design maintains rear wheel alignment and further reduces unsprung weight, contributing to responsive overall handling.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.9 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
- Lightweight single-tube gas-charged rear shocks and an anti-sway bar provide plush, well-controlled damping throughout the Rincon’s exceptional 8.0 inches of wheel travel.
- Dual front disc-brake calipers feature a patented built-in scraper system. This helps prevent the buildup of debris between caliper and rim, ensuring consistent braking performance.
- A rear center hydraulic disc brake and self-adjusting mechanical rear parking brake are mounted on the rear driveshaft, further reducing unsprung weight and contributing to the Rincon’s considerable ground clearance.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Trailer Hitch Kit
|Engine Type||675cc liquid-cooled OHV semi-dry-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Bore and Stroke||102.0mm x 82.6mm|
|Induction||Electronic fuel injection (PGM-FI), 40mm throttle bodies|
|Ignition||Full-transistorized type with electronic advance|
|Starter||Electric with auxiliary recoil|
|Transmission||Automatic with hydraulic torque converter, three forward gears, Reverse and electronic controls|
|Driveline||Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and Torque-Sensitive Front Differential|
|Suspension Front||Independent double-wishbone; 6.9 inches travel|
|Suspension Rear||Independent double-wishbone; 8.0 inches travel|
|Brakes Front||Dual hydraulic 180mm disc|
|Brakes Rear||Single hydraulic disc|
|Tires Front||25 x 8-12 radial|
|Tires Rear||25 x 10-12 radial|
|Seat Height||34.5 inches|
|Ground Clearance||10.0 inches|
|Fuel Capacity||4.3 gallons, including 1.2-gallon reserve|
|Turning Radius||10.8 feet|
|Colors||Red, Olive, Natural Gear Camouflage|
|Curb Weight||648 pounds|