2011 Honda FourTrax Rincon GPScape
All-terrain vehicles are always a fun way to escape during the weekend. Getting lost in a trail and just blasting off in just about every imaginable direction is a perfect way to unwind after a look week’s worth of work.
Suppose that picture just made you want to buy your own ATV, Honda’s new FourTrax Rincon with GPScape is about as good a choice as you can have. The ATV is powered by a 675cc liquid-cooled OHV semi-dry-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke engine that delivers ample torque and exceptional performance on all terrains. The engine is mated to an automotive-style automatic ATV transmission that draws power through a hydraulic torque converter to drive three forward gears and reverse.
The FourTrax Rincon also features Honda’s fully independent ATV rear suspension for comfortable cruising over the toughest terrain and carries extensive weight-saving measures to keep the ATVs weight down. Among the items included to keep it as light as possible include the use of aluminum on the forged front upper control arms, rear upper and lower control arms, rear knuckles, and the front and rear wheels.
The ATV comes with a number of color schemes, including the popular Natural Gear Camouflage to go with the existing Red and Olive colors, as well as a new Blue paint finish.
Find out more about the full specs of the Honda FourTrax Rincon GPScape.
2011 Honda FourTrax Rincon GPScape
Engine:liquid-cooled OHV semi-dry-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
Transmission:automotive-style automatic ATV transmission
- Integrated GPScape (see Technology Section)
- High-capacity liquid cooling provides consistent engine operating temperature in extreme conditions for maximum power output and long engine life.
- Camshaft is located adjacent to the cylinder head, reducing engine height. Together with the semi-dry sump, engine height is further reduced for a low center of gravity and excellent handling.
- Advanced design Longitudinally Mounted Engine (see Technology Section)
- Four-valve cylinder head with two short pushrods provides a broad powerband for optimum performance and engine efficiency.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) (see Technology Section)
Reliable cold-weather starting.
- Stainless steel exhaust system provides superior corrosion resistance and minimizes noise levels.
- Unique semi-dry-sump oiling system locates the oil tank inside the engine cases, lowering engine height and allowing optimum engine placement for excellent ground clearance and superb handling.
- Standard high-flow oil cooler ensures optimal engine lubrication under difficult operating conditions.
- TraxLok® selectable 2WD/4WD system (see Technology Section)
Torque-Sensitive Front Differential (see Technology Section)
The rear driveshaft joins the rear final-drive gearcase at a 77° angle, eliminating the weight and complexity of an additional shaft and joints. The design also contributes to the Rincon’s considerable 8.0 inches of rear wheel travel.
- USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
Hondamatic Automatic Transmission
- The automotive-style Honda automatic transmission features a hydraulic torque converter, three hydraulic clutches and an Electronic Control Module Unit (ECM) to automatically select one of three forward gears and one reverse gear. The ECM monitors throttle opening, vehicle speed, engine rpm, gear selector position, brake application and engine oil temperature.
- The Honda automatic transmission shifts electronically - eliminating unsightly and trouble-prone vacuum lines - and features engine braking, unlike conventional belt-drive designs.
- Features a filtration system to protect against external contamination. The compact and maintenance-free design means there are no belts to wear out and replace. Using multi-filtered engine oil as hydraulic fluid, the design also simplifies maintenance and ensures an adequate oil supply in all operating conditions.
- Electric Shift Program (ESP™) (see Technology Section)
- A handlebar-mounted control switches the automatic transmission between ESP mode and automatic operation.
- A convenient column-style shift lever permits the rider to easily select Drive, Neutral or Reverse.
Chassis and Suspension
- A rugged steel perimeter frame and four-wheel independent suspension provide an exceptional 10.0 inches of ground clearance.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.9 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
- Honda’s independent rear suspension uses a double-wishbone design and features forged-aluminum knuckles and upper/lower A-arms to substantially reduce unsprung weight. The rear knuckle pivots use lightweight metal bushings in place of conventional ball joints and radius arms, eliminating geometry variations as the rear suspension travels through its stroke. This simple design maintains rear wheel alignment and further reduces unsprung weight, contributing to responsive overall handling.
- Lightweight single-tube gas-charged rear shocks and an anti-sway bar provide plush, well-controlled damping throughout the Rincon’s exceptional 8.0 inches of wheel travel.
- Dual front disc brake calipers feature a patented built-in scraper system that removes mud and snow from inside the front wheel. This helps prevent the buildup of debris between caliper and rim, ensuring consistent braking performance.
- A rear, center hydraulic disc brake and self-adjusting mechanical rear parking brake are mounted on the rear driveshaft, further reducing unsprung weight and contributing to the Rincon’s considerable ground clearance.
- Multi-function LCD digital instrumentation is compact, tough and waterproof, featuring large readouts for gear-selector position, speedometer, odometer, resettable tripmeter and hourmeter/clock. Instrument housing includes LEDs for Drive, Neutral, Reverse, temperature warning and FI warning indicator. A fuel gauge located within the instrument housing comes as standard equipment.
- Waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature- type fuse.
- Thickly padded seat uses dual-density foam to provide all-day riding comfort.
Low-fuel warning light.
- Side-opening compartment has 4 liters of storage capacity and can be opened when the rider is seated.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Trailer Hitch Kit.
|Model||TRX680FA / TRX680FGA (with GPS)|
|Engine Type||675cc liquid-cooled OHV semi-dry-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Bore and Stroke||102.0mm x 82.6mm|
|Induction||Electronic fuel injection (PGM-FI), 40mm throttle bodies|
|Ignition||Full-transistorized type with electronic advance|
|Starter||Electric with auxiliary recoil|
|Transmission||Automatic with hydraulic torque converter, three forward gears, Reverse and electronic controls|
|Driveline||Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok and torque-sensitive front differential|
|Suspension Front||Independent double-wishbone; 6.9 inches travel|
|Suspension Rear||Independent double-wishbone; 8.0 inches travel|
|Brakes Front||Dual hydraulic 180mm disc|
|Brakes Rear||Single hydraulic disc|
|Tires Front||25 x 8-12 radial|
|Tires Rear||25 x 10-12 radial|
|Seat Height||34.5 inches|
|Ground Clearance||10.0 inches|
|Fuel Capacity||4.3 gallons, including 1.2-gallon reserve|
|Colors||TRX680FA: Red, Olive, Blue, Natural Gear Camouflage|
TRX680FGA: Red, Natural Gear Camouflage
|Curb Weight||648 pounds|