2013 Honda VT750C Phantom
Almost 30 years ago, Honda started its adventure in the cruiser segment and since then its models became more and more popular. Today, the popularity of Honda’s cruisers has grown so much that its models are considered among the best in the segment.
One of the newest models presented by the Japanese manufacturer is the 2013 Honda VT750C Phantom. The motorcycle is a pretty imposing cruiser that draws inspiration from the old legends and is powered by a modern liquid-cooled, 52-degree, V-twin engine with a displacement of 745 cc. The engine features Honda’s PGM-FI electronic fuel injection system, three-valve cylinder heads and dual-sparkplug combustion chambers. Its power is sent to the ground through a wide-ratio five speed transmission.
To make you feel comfortable even when you need to deal with unpaved roads, Honda equipped its Phantom with dual rear shocks with adjustable spring preload and a 41 mm front fork.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Honda VT750C Phantom.
2013 Honda VT750C Phantom
Engine:Liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin
Energy:PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
Its looks are raw and elemental. Back-to-basics. All business. The Honda VT750C Phantom’s classic black-on-black styling stands out precisely because of its subtlety. But there’s nothing subtle about the way this motorcycle performs. The 745 cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine features Honda’s PGM-FI electronic fuel injection system, three-valve cylinder heads and dual-sparkplug combustion chambers, so you know there’s always plenty of power when you twist the throttle. And a low seat height of just 655 mm combines with an upright riding position to help riders of all sizes feel comfortable and in control. If you’re looking for a bike with a tough look but an easy-going attitude, the Phantom is for you.
Engine and Drivetrain
- 745 cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
- Crankshaft features long-stroke design along with high-mass alternator to produce strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) incorporates a single 34 mm throttle body.
- Three-valve cylinder-head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
- Finned cylinders enhance appearance and give a big-bike look.
- Sleek two-into-two exhaust system features bullet-style mufflers for a classic street-rod style.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth and reliable low-maintenance operation.
- Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life. Radiator is mounted between frame rails for enhanced appearance.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Air-injection system reduces emissions by injecting air into the exhaust ports to ensure complete combustion.
Chassis and Suspension
- Incredibly low 655 mm (25.8 inches) seat height and upright riding position help riders of all sizes feel comfortable and in control.
- Innovative frame design features a large steel tube backbone reaching back from the steering head to the rear of the engine case for simplicity and strength.
- Sturdy and responsive 41 mm front fork features large-diameter matte-finished shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive look, neutral handling and a plush 117 mm (4.6 inches) of wheel travel. Large 4 mm-thick fork brace mounted under the fender enhances rigidity.
- Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position spring preload adjustability and 89 mm (3.5 inches) of wheel travel for a smooth ride.
- Single front disc brake with dual-piston caliper grips a 296 mm drilled rotor between sintered metal pads.
- Minimal bodywork, bobbed fenders and extensive blacked-out and matte finishes.
- Sleek one-piece gunfighter-type seat.
- Tank-mounted speedometer features attractive instrument housing.
- Handlebar shape enhances “bobber” styling.
- Brilliant, 60-/55-watt halogen headlight.
- Large, custom-styled taillight and attractive retro-styled turn indicators.
- Steering-head lock and helmet lock for added security when parked.
- 1 year, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin|
|Bore & Stroke||79 mm x 76 mm|
|Valve Train||Chain-driven SOHC, 3 valves per cylinder|
|Fuel Delivery||PGM-FI electronic fuel injection|
|Front Suspension||41 mm fork, 117 mm (4.6 in.) travel|
|Rear Suspension||Dual shocks with adjustable spring preload; 89 mm (3.5 in.) travel|
|Tires||120/90 - 17 front; 160/80 - 15 rear|
|Brakes||Front single 296 mm disc with dual-piston caliper; rear drum|
|Seat Height||655 mm (25.8 in.)|
|Wheelbase||1,640 mm (64.6 in.)|
|Curb Weight||249 kg (549 lb) including required fluids and full tank of gas - ready to ride|
|Fuel Capacity||14 litres, including 3.5-litre reserve|
|Colour||Mat Gunpowder Black|
|Warranty||12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with Honda Plus|