2006 Kawasaki KFX 700 IG (Silver)
The KFXÂ®700 all-terrain vehicle (ATV) continues to be popular with cross-country racers and off-roaders alike. That’s because Kawasaki bolted a powerful V-twin engine and automatic transmission into its racing-style chassis, making aggressive riding on the KFX700 fun and easy, from morning to sunset.
2006 Kawasaki KFX 700 IG (Silver)
Horsepower @ RPM:49@0
Torque @ RPM:59
And for 2006, the KFX700 comes in a cool Meteor Blue or stunning Galaxy Silver, in addition to Kawasaki’s trademark Lime Green.
The KFX700’s power and performance begins with its engine. The liquid-cooled, 697cc, four-stroke, 90-degree V-twin is matched to a performance-tuned continuously variable automatic transmission. Combined, the powerful engine and automatic transmission eliminate rpm and shifting concerns because it’s in the optimum powerband at all times. This allows the rider to focus even more attention on choosing good lines, whether it’s on the race track or trail.
Other features include shaft drive, powerful dual front disc brakes and Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system. The KFX700 also features the industry’s first mass-produced ATV chassis with a racing-inspired single lower front frame tube - the design preferred by cross-country ATV racers.
Rear suspension duties are handled by a motocross-inspired swingarm with a piggy-back reservoir shock, and ITP® Holeshot® tires provide the KFX700 with maximum traction and maneuverability. Rounding out the features list are sport-style serrated footpegs, a protective engine skid plate and a powerful 45-watt headlight.
Kawasaki KFX 700 IG (Silver) Specifications
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, four-stroke V-twin, SOHC, four valves per cylinder with wet sump lubrication
- Displacement: 697cc
- Bore x stroke: 82 x 66mm
- Carburetion: Dual Keihin CVKR-D32
- Starting: Electric
- Transmission: Continuously variable transmission with forward, reverse and neutral
- Final drive: Shaft
- Frame type: Double cradle, racing type, high-tensile tubular steel
- Front suspension / wheel travel: Dual A-arms, coil-over shocks / 9.3 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Linkless swingarm, piggy-back reservoir shock, dual-rate spring / 7.9 in.
- Front tires: ITP® Holeshot® AT22x7-10
- Rear tires: ITP® Holeshot® AT22x11-10
- Front brakes: Dual discs with two-piston calipers
- Rear brake: Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc
- Overall length: 78.1 in.
- Overall width: 47.0 in.
- Overall height: 46.1 in.
- Seat height: 33.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.6 in.
- Ground clearance: At center of chassis - 9.6 in, at rear axle - 6.3 in.
- Lighting: Dual 45W halogen headlights, 5/21W taillight/brake light
- Dry weight: 516 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 3.2 gal.
- Footpegs: Sport-style serrated
- Colors: Kawasaki Lime Green / Black
- 697cc V-twin engine with dual Keihin downdraft carburetors provide maximum torque while 90-degree cylinder offset produces perfect primary balance to minimize vibration
- Super-responsive Kawasaki continuously variable transmission with special Kevlar reinforced drive belt enhances acceleration while maximizing durability
- Forward-neutral-reverse grip-type shifter is positioned conveniently on the left handlebar to make gear selection quick and easy
- Racing-style chassis with single-spar front frame tube for maximum A-arm length is the design of choice amongst Grand National Cross Country ATV racers
- Dual A-arm front suspension features 9.3 inches of travel-the long, flat angle of the A-arms provide optimum handling by minimizing “tire scrub” during up-and-down suspension travel
- Unitized alloy swingarm with large-capacity, piggyback reservoir shock and dual-rate spring features compression damping, pre-load adjustment and 7.9 inches of travel
- Unitized swingarm also features integrated shaft drive and Kawasaki’s sealed multi-disc brake assembly for superior ground clearance and fade-free braking power
- Low-mounted 3.2-gallon fuel tank helps keep the center of gravity low for enhanced handling
- GNCC-proven ITP® Holeshot® tires provide maximum traction and stability
- Aluminum alloy rims feature welded inserts for added strength and durability
- 90 watts of halogen lighting power gives the nighttime rider exceptional visibility
- Sport-style serrated footpegs allow maximum rider mobility and control