2007 Kwasaki KX100
As riders outgrow the mini ranks, they sometimes find they’re not quite ready for a full-on Lites-class motorcycle. The Kawasaki KXâ„¢100 is squarely-aimed at that gap between the mini ranks and the pro classes.
2007 Kwasaki KX100
Featuring a larger frame, the KX100 gives adolescent racers an appropriately-sized machine, so they can focus on riding technique instead of on controlling excessive of power.
The KX100 has larger wheels and tires and more engine displacement than the KX85, and it’s powered by a 99cc liquid-cooled, two-stroke engine that breathes through a 28mm carburetor with a carbon-fiber intake reed valve to aid throttle response, coupled to a smooth-shifting six-speed transmission, giving the KX100 a gear for every situation on the race track.
The engine is bolted into a high-tensile steel perimeter frame that has a specially designed gas tank to lower the fuel load, which lowers the center of gravity for improved handling.
Adjustable long-travel suspension at both ends helps to smooth even the roughest motocross courses. The 36mm inverted cartridge fork has compression damping adjustment capability and the UNI-TRAK® rear suspension system comes equipped with a shock that is fully adjustable for spring preload, compression and rebound damping. In the braking department, both front and rear discs are mounted with shoulder bolts for easier maintenance.
The KX100 also features aggressive Kawasaki Lime Green and Black graphics with a two-tone seat, just like larger KX models.
Those who race their KX100 at designated events are eligible to receive support from Team Green™, Kawasaki’s amateur racing support program. Each year, Team Green provides regional support vehicles and highly trained technicians at more than 100 events, offering technical information and assistance to those who race Kawasaki products. Kawasaki also offers a comprehensive contingency program for amateur and professional riders who place well at designated events.
2007 Kawasaki KX100 Specifications
- Engine: Two-stroke single with KIPS®
- Displacement: 99cc
- Bore x stroke: 52.5 x 45.8mm
- Cooling: Liquid
- Carburetion: Keihin PWK28
- Induction: Two-petal reed valve
- Compression ratio: 9.6:1 (low speed) – 8.8:1 (high speed)
- Ignition: Digital CDI
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame: High-tensile steel perimeter design with subframe member
- Rake / trail: 27 degrees / 4.1 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 36mm inverted telescopic cartridge fork with 18-way compression damping / 10.8 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® single shock system with 4-way compression and 18-way rebound damping plus adjustable spring preload / 10.8 in.
- Front tire: 70/100x19
- Rear tire: 90/100x16
- Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic disc / Disc
- Overall length: 75.2 in.
- Overall width: 28.9 in.
- Overall height: 43.5 in.
- Ground clearance: 15.0 in.
- Seat height: 34.3 in.
- Dry weight: 149.9 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 1.5 gal.
- Wheelbase: 50.8 in.
- Color: Lime Green / Black
- MSRP: $3,349
- Right-hand engine cover provides a separate clutch cover for quick servicing without removing the water pump
- Assures greater reliability
- Bridges between intake and exhaust ports are machined finish for increased durability
- Magneto with lower inertial moment improves low-rpm response
- Rotor comes with rare-earth magnets – the unitized piece is small, light and durable
- Connecting rod big-end bearing has more rigid cage for improved durability
- Intake port shape and cylinder skirt allow cooling air into the crankcase chamber
- Primary gear is secured using a lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
- Metafoam gaskets for the generator and water pump covers improve sealing
Kawasaki Integrated Power Valve System (KIPS®)
- KIPS system varies exhaust port height for increased horsepower and torque
- Produces a broad powerband with more low-end torque while retaining excellent top-end power
- Breather added to KIPS cover to improve high-rpm and overrun performance
28mm Keihin Carburetor
- Crescent slide carburetor puts the needle closer to the intake ports for excellent throttle response
- Adjustable for various conditions
Clutch hub rides on needle bearings for smooth action
Large clutch plates are 119mm in diameter for durability and control
Clutch-release lever ratio provides light clutch lever action
Thick clutch basket housing improves durability
Clutch plate service cover simplifies maintenance and utilizes a metal-carbon composite gasket
- Fifth and sixth gears on the input shaft ride on bushings for added reliability
- Positive shifting action and rugged durability
- Allows the engine’s full potential to be realized
- Provides oil level window
- Hard chrome-finished shift forks resist wear and seizure
High-tensile Steel Perimeter Frame
- Same tubing material used on the KX™250
- Wide footpegs for better control, made of cast steel for strength
- Thick footpeg brackets withstand today’s rigorous tracks
- Engine and chassis bolts have rust-resistant coating
- Positioned in the frame to lower center of gravity and improve handling
- Features graphics to match larger-displacement KX models
- Fitted with square inset nuts for secure mounting of shrouds and seat base
UNI-TRAK® Rear Suspension
- Swingarm uses large cross-section beams for more rigidity and control
- Swingarm incorporates cast-aluminum drive chain adjuster sections for easy chain adjustments
- Flanged collars at the bearings to protect the seals from mud
- Fully adjustable shock with compression, rebound damping and spring preload adjustments
36mm Inverted Cartridge Fork
- Upper tubes are made of aluminum and are 49.5mm in diameter for excellent control and steering response
- Compression damping is 18-way adjustable
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
- Front brake lever shape offers better feel
- Forged-aluminum rear brake pedal is strong, lightweight and features two seals at the pivot for smooth operation
Front and Rear Wheels
- Rear hub features two wheel bearings on the drive side of the hub for durability
- Thick spokes are used front and rear for stronger wheels, requiring less adjustment
- Light weight aluminum rims
- Two-tone seat pattern and graphics just like larger KX models