2008 Kawasaki KX100
2008 Kawasaki KX100
Engine:Two-stroke single with KIPS
This bike is way worth it. This bike is very quick. It is comparable to the speed of a 400ex or Yamaha Warrior. It can keep up with the 250F and 450F riders through the whoops and is awesome for kids wanting to upgrade from an 85, but not ready for the 125. I was very impressed with the handling and how easily it jumped. This is just an awesome bike overall.
If you are on a four stroke and are looking to move on up to a two stroke, this is what you want. It is very fast and is perfect for the track or trail. I strongly request this bike for anyone who is looking for quality in a racing dirt bike! It’s a real easy bike to handle, the power band is very smooth, not as much hit as the other bikes but I still like it, it’s very easy to control. Great bike, Kawasaki.
2008 Kawasaki KX100
Once riders outgrow the mini ranks, they are often forced to leap straight to a full-on Lites-class motorcycle. Providing a seamless continuity from the mini ranks to the full-size classes is the Kawasaki KX™100 motorcycle. With its larger wheels, and tires, the KX100 provides adolescent racers with an appropriately-sized machine, allowing them to focus on riding technique instead of on controlling excessive power.
The KX100’s bigger 99cc liquid-cooled, two-stroke engine breathes through a 28mm carburetor with a carbon-fiber intake reed valve to aid throttle response and is fitted with the Kawasaki Integrated Power Valve System (KIPS®) that helps produce a broad powerband with good low-end torque and top-end power. The engine is mated to a smooth-shifting six-speed transmission, which gives the KX100 a gear for every situation on the race track.
The engine is bolted into a high-tensile steel perimeter frame that has a specially designed gas tank to lower the fuel load, which lowers the center of gravity for improved handling. Adjustable long-travel suspension at both ends helps to smooth even the roughest motocross courses. The 36mm inverted cartridge fork has compression damping adjustment capability and the UNI-TRAK rear suspension system comes equipped with a shock that is fully adjustable for spring preload, compression and rebound damping. In the braking department, both front and rear discs are mounted with shoulder bolts for easier maintenance.
The KX100 also features aggressive Kawasaki Lime Green and Black graphics just like larger KX models.
Those who race their KX100 at designated events are eligible to receive support from Team Green™, Kawasaki’s amateur racing support program. Each year, Team
Green provides regional support vehicles and highly trained technicians at more than 100 events, offering technical information and assistance to those who race Kawasaki products. Kawasaki also offers a comprehensive contingency program for amateur and professional riders who place well at designated events.
- Right-hand engine cover provides a separate clutch cover for quick servicing without removing the water pump cover
- Assures greater reliability
- Bridges between intake and exhaust ports are machine finished for increased durability
- Magneto with lower inertial moment improves low-rpm response
- Rotor comes with rare-earth magnets –the unitized piece is small, light and more efficient
- Connecting rod big-end bearing has more rigid cage for improved durability
- Intake port shape and cylinder skirt allow cooling air into the crankcase chamber
- Primary gear is secured using a lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
- Metafoam gaskets for the generator and water pump covers improve sealing
Kawasaki Integrated Power Valve System (KIPS®)
- KIPS system varies exhaust port height for increased horsepower and torque at all rpm’s
- Produces a broad powerband with more low-end torque while retaining excellent top-end power
- Breather in KIPS cover improves high-rpm and overrun performance
28mm Keihin Carburetor
- Crescent slide carburetor puts the needle closer to the intake ports for excellent throttle response
- Adjustable for various conditions
- Clutch hub rides on needle bearings for smooth action
- Large clutch plates are 119mm in diameter for durability and control
- Clutch-release lever ratio provides light clutch lever action
- Thick clutch basket housing improves durability
- Clutch plate service cover simplifies maintenance and utilizes a metal-carbon composite gasket
- Fifth and sixth gears on the input shaft ride on bushings for added reliability
- Positive shifting action and rugged durability
- Allows the engine’s full potential to be realized
- Provides oil level window
- Hard chrome-finished shift forks resist wear and seizure
High-tensile Steel Perimeter Frame
- Wide footpegs for better control, made of cast steel for strength
- Thick footpeg brackets withstand today’s rigorous tracks
- Engine and chassis bolts have rust-resistant coating
- Positioned in the frame to lower center of gravity and improve handling
UNI-TRAK Rear Suspension
- Swingarm uses large cross-section beams for more rigidity and control
- Swingarm incorporates cast-aluminum drive chain adjuster sections for easy chain adjustments
- Flanged collars at the bearings to protect the seals from mud
- Fully adjustable shock with compression, rebound damping and spring preload adjustments
36mm Inverted Cartridge Fork
- Upper tubes are made of aluminum and are 49.5mm in diameter for excellent control and steering response
- Compression damping is 18-way adjustable
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
- Front brake lever shape offers better feel
- Forged-aluminum rear brake pedal is strong, lightweight and features two seals at the pivot for smooth operation
Front and Rear Wheels
- Rear hub features two wheel bearings on the drive side of the hub for durability
- Thick spokes are used in the front and rear for stronger wheels, requiring less adjustment
- Light weight aluminum rims
- Aggressive Kawasaki Lime Green and Black graphics just like larger KX models
Engine: Two-stroke single with KIPS®
Bore x stroke: 52.5 x 45.8mm
Carburetion: Keihin PWK28
Induction: Two-petal reed valve
Compression ratio: 9.6:1 (low speed) – 8.8:1 (high speed)
Ignition: Digital CDI
Final drive: Chain
Frame: High-tensile steel perimeter design with subframe member
Rake / trail: 27 degrees / 4.1 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel: 36mm inverted telescopic cartridge fork with 18-way compression damping / 10.8 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® single shock system with 4-way compression and 18-way rebound damping plus adjustable spring preload / 10.8 in.
Front tire: 70/100x19
Rear tire: 90/100x16
Front brake / rear brake: Hydraulic disc / Disc
Overall length: 75.2 in.
Overall width: 28.9 in.
Overall height: 43.5 in.
Ground clearance: 15.0 in.
Seat height: 34.3 in.
Dry weight: 149.9 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 1.5 gal.
Wheelbase: 50.8 in.
Color: Lime Green