2011 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4
Combining impressive power and a sensible price, the Brute Force® 650 4x4 ATV offers outstanding value. The fact that its well-balanced V-twin, capable 4x4 system and nimble handling are offered for about the same price as the 500cc crowd makes it a favorite with practical minded riders who demand premium performance.
The 633cc 90-degree V-twin engine gives the rider industry-leading torque and a smooth power delivery that’s unrivaled by the competition. Dual 32mm Keihin carburetors draw fresh air from a snorkel intake located high in the frame near the steering head, reducing the amount of contaminants entering the intake.
The robust V-twin engine is mated to the Kawasaki Automatic Powerdrive System (KAPS) continuously variable transmission (CVT). With low and high range, neutral and reverse, this dependable transmission functions seamlessly, providing excellent control for both low- and high-speed work or recreational riding. Additionally, the Brute Force 650 4x4 can be started in any gear, as long as one of the brakes is applied.
Check out the full press release after the jump.
2011 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 4x4
Horsepower @ RPM:41 @ 6500
Top Speed:105 mph
Power is delivered to the wheels through dependable, low-maintenance shaft drive contained in a lightweight aluminum swingarm. The rider can select two- or four-wheel drive operation via a switch conveniently mounted on the right handle bar. In normal four-wheel drive mode, the front wheels provide extra traction for adverse terrain, while the limited-slip differential allows the rider to make tight turns and reduces steering effort.
When maximum traction is needed, the rider can utilize Kawasaki’s Variable Front Differential Control by pulling a lever on the left handlebar to send power to both front wheels. This is a definite advantage for riders encountering deep mud and slippery uphill trails or when traversing over large objects such as logs or rocks.
The cutting-edge Brute Force 650 4x4 braking system design is a combination of dual front disc brakes with dual-piston calipers and Kawasaki’s sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system. As an integrated part of the shaft drive, the rear braking system is sealed in the aluminum swingarm where it operates in an oil bath. This protects the brake from mud, dust and debris, and is virtually maintenance-free.
Enhancing the high-performance brakes is the Kawasaki Engine Brake Control system, which electronically monitors ground speed and uses the engine’s compression to help slow the Brute Force ATV under certain conditions.
Plush and controlled rides are Kawasaki’s 4x4 ATV forte and the Brute Force 650 4x4 exemplifies this specialty. It does this with a MacPherson strut front suspension with 6.7 inches of travel and an aluminum swingarm featuring a shock with adjustable preload, a piggy-back reservoir and 7.2 inches of travel for the rear suspension duties.
Additional comfort is provided by a large seat and adjustable footpegs mounted atop full-size floorboards. To help reduce unsprung weight and further enhance the smooth ride, the Brute Force rolls on aluminum wheels.
The modern, aggressively angled lines and high gloss appearance of the Thermoplastic Olefin scratch-resistant bodywork are complemented by bright cat-eye headlights. The fully digital instrumentation includes speedometer, odometer, dual resettable trip meters, clock, hour meter, fuel gauge and 2x4/4x4 indicators.
Leading the conveniences on the Brute Force 650 4x4 is a DC power outlet to provide quick and easy power for electrical accessories. A space inside the front guard easily accommodates a 3,000-pound capacity winch from Warn or Superwinch.
The front and rear steel racks on the Brute Force 650 4x4 can carry a total of 264 pounds of cargo; a hitch bracket enables the ATV to tow up to 1,250 pounds. Owners can expand the versatility of their Brute Force ATV via the extensive line of Authentic Kawasaki Accessories, available through Kawasaki dealers.
As with all off-highway vehicle recreation, Kawasaki encourages ATV riders to ride responsibly and to respect the environment. Kawasaki will pay first-time buyers of a new Kawasaki ATV $100 for completing an ATV rider safety course conducted by the ATV Safety Institute (ASI). Interested consumers can call ASI toll-free at 800-887-2887.
Engine and Transmission
- 633cc Liquid-cooled, Four-stroke V-twin Engine
- Kawasaki’s legendary V-twin
- 90-degree, V-twin engine with four valves per cylinder and twin downdraft carburetors produces massive torque, yet is exceptionally smooth running
- Electronically managed Kawasaki Engine Brake Control system helps to slow the ATV under certain conditions
- Transmission and Powertrain
- Fully automatic Kawasaki Automatic Powerdrive System (KAPS) continuously variable transmission (CVT) has high and low forward gears plus reverse
- Selectable four-wheel or two-wheel drive
- Limited-slip front differential permits tight and easy turning
- Rider controlled Variable Front Differential Control can be used for maximum traction on difficult terrain
- Dual-piston caliper front disc brakes provide aggressive stopping power
- The industry’s original sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear braking system
- An integrated part of the shaft drive system, the virtually maintenance-free rear brake is protected from mud, dust and debris
Design and Body
- Tough and rugged body style
- Aluminum swingarm is sturdy and lightweight, and the shock absorber has adjustable preload
- MacPherson strut front suspension provides a smooth, comfortable ride
- Full-size floorboards are comfortable and help protect the rider’s feet from mud and debris
- Cat-eye headlights add to its clean and aggressive look
- A digital instrument panel provides the rider important information at a glance
- Snorkel air intake helps reduce the amount of contaminants
- 12-volt electric outlet can power accessories
- Front and rear steel cargo racks can carry a combined weight of 264 pounds
- 1,250-pound towing capacity once ball hitch is added
- Standard winch mount can accommodate a 3,000-pound capacity winch from Warn or Superwinch
|Engine||Four-stroke, V-twin, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four-valve|
|Starting system||Electric with recoil back up|
|Bore x Stroke||80 x 63mm|
|Carburetion||(2) Keihin CVKR-D32|
|Transmission||Dual-range CVT plus reverse with Kawasaki Engine Brake Control|
|Final drive||2x4 / 4x4 shaft|
|Frame Type||Double cradle, tubular steel|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||MacPherson / 6.7 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Aluminum swingarm and single shock / 7.2 in.|
|Front Tire Size||AT25x8-12|
|Rear Tire Size||AT25x10-12|
|Front brakes||(2) Dual-piston disc|
|Rear Brakes||Sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc|
|Overall length||86.0 in.|
|Overall width||47.7 in.|
|Ground clearance||At center of chassis, 9.0 / at rear axle, 7.3 in.|
|Seat height||33.9 in.|
|Lighting, headlights||(2) 45-watt headlights, taillight, brake light|
|Total rack capacity||264 lbs.|
|Towing capacity||1,250 lbs.|
|Curb weight||648.3 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity||4.8 gal.|
|Instruments||Speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, clock, hour meter, fuel gauge, 2x4 / 4x4 indicator light, neutral indicator light, reverse indicator light, low fuel warning light, low oil warning light|
|Color Choices||Smoky Blue, Super Black|
|Good Times™ Protection Plan||12, 24, 36 or 48 months|