2012 Kawasaki KLX 110L
Everybody should have the opportunity to enjoy the thrills of riding a dirt bike. Yes, that includes the young kids that enjoy the trails and don’t mind getting their hands and feet dirty.
For these adventurous little ones - and some adults too - Kawasaki has their new KLX110L. Similar to the KLX110, the 110L version sports a
reliable four-stroke engine, automatic-clutch drivetrain and easy to use push-button starter. It’s the kind of bike that anybody in the family would love to ride, whether its the kids or the adults.
What makes the KLX110L different from the 110 is that it takes all the features of the latter and brings it up another level. The L-model incorporates several key features that make it even more accessible to an even wider range of riders, allowing those slightly larger, slightly more experienced riders to climb aboard and enjoy the thrills and excitement these little green thumpers can provide.
The L-model is slightly taller than the standard 110, due to its 2.4"longer fork that has 5.5" of travel and a longer shock out back, which offers 5.2" of wheel travel. The result is a seat height that measures 28.7," which is nearly 2" taller than that of the KLX110 version. As a result, the suspension comes with optimal spring and damping settings, giving those slightly larger riders the ability to push the KLX110L as hard as they choose.
In terms of performance, the KLX110 is powered by the same 111cc four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single engine as the KLX110. Combined with the engine, Kawasaki also fitted the KLX110 with a manual clutch and a four-speed gearbox, giving more aggressive riders the opportunity to enjoy every ounce of performance from the engine.
When it comes to introductory motocross bikes, no other of its kind has the clout of the Kawasaki KLX110L. The proof is very much in the bike itself.
Find out more about the Kawasaki KLX110L after the jump.
2012 Kawasaki KLX 110L
Engine:four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single engine
- All 2012 KLX 110 and 110Ls feature valve timing, free-flowing muffler and ignition system for up to 15 percent more power and torque than pre-2010 KLX110 models
- Push-button electric starting makes it easier than ever to get rolling, while a reshaped kickstarter is included as a back-up
- Starter button and kill switch are located on the left handlebar for easy access
- KACR (Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release) keeps one exhaust valve open for easy starting
- KLX’s compact, lay-down engine design is ideal for engine cooling and helps provide a low center of gravity
- An ignition timing inspection hole allows easy maintenance
- Choke knob on the 18mm carburetor is easy to operate with gloves on
- 30mm telescopic fork with 5.5 inches of travel is tuned for optimal wheel and chassis control
- Tapered roller bearings in the lower steering stem add durability
- The 110L’s handlebar shape suits a wide variety of rider sizes
- Stiffer spring and damping rates on the longer rear shock help control the rear wheel through 5.2 inches of more firmly damped travel, with greater resistance to bottoming
- 14-inch front and 12-inch rear knobby tires on strong, steel rims provide great off-road traction and durability, and keep seat height low
- Rigid rear brake rod allows excellent braking and pedal feel
- A USFS-approved spark arrester comes as standard equipment
- The KLX110L meets California “Green Sticker” requirements for year-round riding fun
- Four ratios are spaced to help exploit engine power: While the overall top-gear ratio is nearly the same as pre-2010 KLX110s, that extra gear is combined with a short final drive ratio to effectively tighten the gaps between each gear, while also widening the available range of operating speeds
- A manual clutch makes it easier to squeeze maximum performance out of the powerful little engine
- Shift drum cam groove and positioning spring result in optimal shift feel and positive gear engagement under all conditions
|Engine||Four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single|
|Bore x Stroke||53.0 x 50.6mm|
|Transmission||Four-speed with wet multi-disc manual clutch|
|Frame Type||Backbone frame, high-tensile steel|
|Rake/Trail||24.2 degrees / 1.9 in.|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||30mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.5 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Swingarm with single hydraulic shock / 5.2 in.|
|Front Tire Size||2.50x14|
|Rear Tire Size||3.00x12|
|Front brakes / rear brakes||Mechanical Drum / Mechanical drum|
|Overall length||61.4 in.|
|Overall width||25.6 in.|
|Ground clearance||10.4 in.|
|Seat height||28.7 in.|
|Curb weight||168 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity||1.0 gal.|
|Color Choices||Lime Green|
Total MotorCycle----"The standard KLX110 – with its reliable four-stroke engine, automatic-clutch drivetrain and electric, push-button starter – is much-loved by kids, beginners and adults for its unreal fun-factor and riding ease. But to expand the KLX110’s envelope a bit – make it even more accessible to even more riders – Kawasaki developed the KLX110L, which incorporates features designed to appeal to a slightly larger, slightly more advanced rider – along with all those adults who love riding the little green bikes. "