2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
With its ergonomic design and practical character, the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT was especially designed for those who search for a big yet affordable tourer.
Among the comfort features offered by the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT are an adjustable windshield, a passenger backrest and the stylish saddlebags. Talking about saddlebags, they are carefully crafted to minimize flaws and deep-dyed to prevent scraping off the finish. The ideally sized bags feature a slant-top opening held shut by two 1.5-inch wide leather straps fitted with chrome buckles and stealth quick-release fasteners.
As far as power goes, the 2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT is packed with the same fuel-injected 903cc engine as the Vulcan 900 Classic. The engine rewards you with a maximum torque of 58.2 lb.-ft. @ 3,500 rpm and is mated on a five speed transmission.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT.
2012 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Horsepower @ RPM:50 @ 5700
Torque @ RPM:79 @ 3500
Top Speed:103 mph
A comfortable seat for both rider and passenger are a must on a tourer, and the Classic LT has both, along with a backrest to keep the passenger relaxed as the miles tick by. Both the seat and the backrest are detailed with chrome-plated brass studs to match the bags. A thick, optically correct, acrylic plastic windscreen delivers smooth airflow around the rider and passenger, reducing wind fatigue and bug strikes over the course of long rides the 900 Classic LT encourages you to take.
Once past the 900 Classic LT’s handsome looks, owners will discover themselves enjoying a ride that was previously found only on larger cruisers. Applying lessons learned on Kawasaki’s Vulcan 2000, the Vulcan 900 models deliver exceptional roll-on acceleration, easy maneuverability, and performance that rivals larger displacement competitors.
Breakdowns can ruin any trip. The Vulcan 900 Classic LT utilizes a low-maintenance belt drive not only to help avoid undesired stops, but also to save weight and keep the rear end rolling in high style. Speaking of rear-end styling, the 900 Classic LT sports a large, 180mm-wide rear tire – the largest in its category. The beefy tire’s appearance augments the classic V-twin rumble courtesy of a single-pin crankshaft. It’s this look and sound that suggest a much larger motorcycle.
However, the Vulcan 900 LT’s big footprint shouldn’t alarm potential riders. Its low seat and narrow chassis rails blend comfortably into the fuel tank, which translates into plenty of accessibility for shorter riders and comfort for those of all sizes. Wide handlebars ideally situated with the seat and floorboards, coupled with roomy passenger accommodations, make the Vulcan 900 Classic LT a real joy – whether it’s just a run to the store or a multi-day haul across the country.
The Vulcan 900 Classic LT is available in the following two-tone color combinations: Metallic Moondust Grey / Ebony and Pearl Burnish Beige / Metallic Majestic Red. Whatever color you choose, the Vulcan 900 Classic LT gets noticed by everyone it passes.
- Smooth and reliable engine tuned to deliver a healthy dose of torque at low rpm
- Gear-driven balancer allows use of single-pin crankshaft without excessive vibration
- Rubber mounted to reduce engine vibration at all speeds
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow, creating more power and low-end torque
- Single overhead cam design is simple, lightweight and practical
- Long intake tracts narrow near the combustion chamber to increase intake flow speed for more efficient filling, increased torque and better low-end response
Electronic Fuel Injection
- Superb performance and rideability thanks to dual throttle bodies with sub-throttles
- The ECU controlled sub-throttles are located behind the main throttle valve, allowing the DFI® system to provide more precise throttle response, similar to a constant velocity carburetor
- Fine-atomizing fuel injectors produce a fine fuel mist for optimal acceleration, combustion and fuel consumption
- 903cc liquid-cooled V-twin offers the optimal balance of performance and maneuverability
- Optically correct windscreen is height adjustable to accommodate a wide range of riders
- Top quality leather saddlebags are deep-dyed for long-lasting color and have easy-to-use quick-release fasteners
- Passenger backrest comes standard
- Gorgeous two-tone paint is standard
- Stylish instrumentation includes handy fuel gauge
- 5.3-gallon fuel tank is largest in class
- Longest factory warranty in its class – 24 months
- Chrome brass studded seat matches saddlebags and passenger backrest
|Engine||Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, four valves per cylinder V-twin|
|Displacement||903cc / 55.1 cu.in.|
|Bore x Stroke||88 x 74.2 mm|
|Maximum Torque||58.2 lb.-ft. @ 3,500 rpm|
|Fuel System||DFI® with dual 34mm Keihin throttle bodies|
|Ignition||TCBI with Electronic Advance|
|Front Suspension / Wheel Travel||41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in.|
|Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel||Uni-Trak® swingarm / 4.1 in.|
|Front Tire Size||130/90-16|
|Rear Tire Size||180/70-15|
|Front Brakes / Rear Brakes||Single 300mm hydraulic disc with two-piston caliper / 270mm hydraulic disc|
|Fuel Capacity||5.3 gal.|
|Seat Height||26.8 in.|
|Overall Length||97.0 in.|
|Overall Width||39.6 in.|
|Overall Height||58.3 in.|
|Curb Weight||657.1 lbs.|
|Color Choices||Metallic Moondust Gray,Ebony Pearl Burnish Beige, Metallic Majestic Red|
Motorcycles USA----"The Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT is ready for the road with a passenger backrest which comes standard and it’s also road ready with a brass studded seat and matching saddlebags and passenger backrest. With the 5.3 gallon fuel tank you will be on the road longer and with the comfort that the Vulcan 900 Classic LT provides, you’ll be happy."