2013 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 XC
The Mule 610 4x4 XC is part of Kawasaki’s heavy duty lineup. The vehicle has a rugged character and was built to help you drive without problems even on the toughest terrains.
The 2012 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 XC features a 401 cc fan-cooled, overhead-valve engine mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT) which sends power to all four wheels. Talking about the wheels they measure 12 inches and are wrapped in 26-inch Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 radial tires.
A set of front MacPherson struts and a swing rear axle with adjustable shocks keep you safe from bumps, while the high 8.1 inch ground clearance helps you deal even with the toughest road conditions without backing down.
Inside you’ll find an automotive-style dash with easy-reach controls, a convenient gear selector, a sporty steering wheel and a set of pretty comfortable seats.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2012 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 XC.
2013 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 XC
Engine:Four-stroke, fan-cooled single, OHV
Transmission:Continuously variable transmission with high and low range, plus reverse
Top Speed:25 mph
Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 XC
Compact Utility Vehicle Is Ready for the Back Country
The Mule 610 4x4 XC utility vehicle features a dirt-worthy design, and can easily transport two people seeking to go farther afield than the average job site. And with an XC designation revealing its off-road motives, the Mule 610 4x4 XC is loaded with great features and rugged off-road styling designed to hold up better to the rigors of back-country driving.
This Mule’s off-road ability is enhanced by aggressive, 26-inch Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 radial tires, each of which is mounted on a 12-inch wheel. A load of features, including a slightly wider track and ground clearance, complement the Mule 610 4x4 XC’s bold nature, infusing it with a healthy dose of what can only be described as cool factor.
The standard Mule 610 4x4 can go just about anywhere, but the Mule 610 4x4 XC takes that functionality quite a few steps further. Not only do those burly 26-inch Maxxis tires provide loads more traction, their extra width increases the track by 1.3 inches. Their greater height also gives the Mule 610 4x4 XC a full 8.1 inches of ground clearance. Combined with longer front and rear suspension, this helps the operator drive over obstacles, while standard skid plates help protect vital systems.
When designing the Mule 610 4x4 XC, Kawasaki engineers made room for those large tires by kicking the front bumper forward 1.2 inches. And while they were at it, the team added sporty graphics, a comfortable seat covered in a pliable material and a small-diameter sport steering wheel lifted straight from the Kawasaki Teryx.
In spite of its wide-ranging capabilities and radical design, you can be sure of the Mule 610 4x4 XC’s reliable and economical drivetrain. A durable, 401cc fan-cooled overhead-valve engine mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT) feeds power to all four wheels as needed, and simple automotive controls mean it couldn’t be much easier to operate. An enrichening system partially opens the throttle for easy engine starts, hot or cold, and the Mule can be started in forward (Hi or Lo) or reverse gear, provided the brake pedal is applied. Select 2WD or 4WD and away you go.
MacPherson strut front suspension and rack-and-pinion steering combine great bump absorption with light handling, while the mid-engine layout and swingarm rear suspension provide plentiful traction in back. A powerful braking system brings it all to a reliable halt.
As fun as it looks, the Mule 610 4x4 XC is all about hard work. A special black-texture paint applied to its 400-pound-capacity all-steel tilting cargo bed allows even greater aesthetics and durability, while a 1,100-pound towing capacity means you can haul whatever gear you need. Dual cup holders help keep riders hydrated while on the clock, a large glove box can carry more than just gloves, and the front hood pops open to reveal more than 12 gallons worth of storage. Popular accessories include an enclosed cab, snow plow, winch and soft or hard tops, all available through Kawasaki dealers.
At A Glance
- Extra-large 26-inch Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 radial tires mounted on 12-inch wheels offer substantial off-road capability
- Despite its 1.3-inch wider track than standard model, the Mule 610 4x4 XC still fits in a full-size pickup.
- Large tires offer extra ground clearance – now 8.1 inches – for excellent rough-terrain capabilities
- Standard skid plates for the front differential, engine and rear diff add protection and greatly reduce the chances of getting hung up on obstacles
- All-weather seat cover provides a secure perch for the driver and passenger
- Sporty graphics give the Mule 610 4x4 XC a bold look to match its mission
- A sport steering wheel from the Teryx side x side enhances control and appearance
- Long front and rear suspension arms provide superb off-road performance
- Optimum brake pedal ratio, strong master-cylinder mount and high-performance brake shoes provide substantial braking performance
- and scratch-resistant special black-texture paint in the cargo bed enhances the Mule 610 4x4 XC’s looks and durability
- Tailgate has a simple release for easy opening and closing
Fan-Cooled, Single-Cylinder Engine
- Simple and lightweight 401cc four-stroke single is compact, lightweight and extremely durable
- Overhead valve design provides maximum efficiency, while the Mule 610 4x4 XC’s carburetor helps provide excellent fuel economy
- Fan cooling helps the engine maintain an ideal operating temperature
- Cab frame air intake draws clean, uncontaminated air for the engine from the top of the cab
- High-mount exhaust design keeps the system dry and out of harm’s way
- An oil-temperature warning lamp linked to a crankcase sensor help prevent overheating
- The choke opens the throttle during starting so the accelerator pedal does not need to be depressed
- Stepping on the brake pedal allows the engine to be started in gear
Gear Driven Engine Balancer
- A rotating balance weight moves opposite the piston, dramatically reducing vibration and minimizing noise and wear for increased comfort and reduced fatigue
Environmentally Friendly Emissions
- Carburetor settings reduce exhaust emissions, a good thing for the environment
- Positive crankcase ventilation system recycles blow-by gases to the intake tract where they’re burned in the engine
- A USFS-approved spark arrestor in the muffler greatly reduces fire hazard
- California models have a check valve on the fuel tank/charcoal canister connector hose to prevent gasoline from entering the canister when operating on inclines or over rough terrain
Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS)
- A simple and lightweight CVT (continuously variable transmission) is fully automatic and keeps engine speed in the most efficient range for any selected vehicle speed, load or terrain
- Fully automatic transmission features selectable 2
- or 4-wheel drive
- An open-sided drive pulley cools better for longer belt life
- Belt deflection can be easily adjusted by changing the shim thickness of the adjuster bolt located on the outside of the driven converter
- A die-cast aluminum belt converter has high silicon content for compactness and light weight, and offers excellent toughness and durability
- The belt converter case is sealed to keep out contaminants
- A long-wearing ATV-style double cog CVT belt provides long wear and minimal maintenance
- The belt converter’s air cleaner cover uses a clip-type clamp for easy maintenance and a tight seal
- A maintenance-free sealed bearing unit is used between the front and rear driveshafts
- Locked mode provides maximum traction in difficult conditions
- Unlocked mode decreases turning radius and minimizes ground disturbance – great for use on grass
- Ackerman rack-and-pinion steering provides precise, accurate handling and a small turning radius that facilitates working in tight quarters
- Rack-and-pinion system is durable, simple, easy to maintain and helps reduce tire wear
MacPherson Strut Independent Front Suspension
- Long-travel front suspension serves up a comfortable ride, excellent load-carrying capability and excellent terrain ability
- Simple, rugged single A-arm design provides a tight turning radius for extra maneuverability
Unit Swingarm Rear Suspension
- Unique design places engine and rear wheels on a sub-frame with a mid-point pivot that isolates vibration for a smooth ride
- Mule 610 4x4 XC’s long-travel rear end can handle heavy loads, yet provides a comfortable ride even with an empty cargo bed
- The front grille includes space for mounting a 3,000-pound capacity winch
- Compact, lightweight and easy to transport to the job, the Mule fits in the bed of a full-sized pickup
- Durable plastic body panels resist dents, and the Mule 610 4x4 XC’s Super Black finish is molded in for long-lasting good looks
- Fully meets SAE Roll Over Protective Structure (ROPS) requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.4, and 7.5, and FMVSS 216
- Speed limited to 25 mph
- The front hood opens up to reveal 12.6 gallons of sealed storage space
- A passenger side glove box is perfect for small item storage
- Cup holders located at each side of the front hood by the dash keep hydration close at hand
Tilting Cargo Bed
- A steel cargo bed covered in non-slip paint can carry up to 400 pounds, and tilts for maintenance and cleaning.
- A Teryx-style tailgate with simple release mechanisms makes loading and unloading easy.
- A crankcase oil-level dipstick and dual-element air cleaner make maintaining the Mule 610 4x4 XC quick and convenient
- An automotive-style dash features easy-reach controls
- A standard-equipment hour meter makes maintenance intervals easy to track
- Fuel gauge and oil temperature warning light keep track of essential fluids
- Gear selector for High, Low, Neutral and Reverse couldn’t be simpler
- A differential locking lever and convenient parking brake are simple to find and operate
- Powerful and stylish 35w headlights let the work day continue after dark
Popular Accessory Items
- Under seat storage compartment
- Plastic Hard Top
- Snow Plow
|Engine||Four-stroke, fan-cooled single, OHV|
|Bore x Stroke||82 x 76mm|
|Air filter||Snorkel-type with two-stage dry replaceable element|
|Oil filter||Automotive-type spin-on canister|
|Ignition||Magneto and transistor|
|Electrical||12V DC, 14 amp-hour battery, alternator|
|Transmission||Continuously variable transmission with high and low range, plus reverse|
|Final drive||Shaft-driven selectable four-wheel drive, dual-mode rear differential|
|Exhaust||Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor|
|Front Tire Size||AT26 x 9R -12 Maxxis tubeless|
|Rear Tire Size||AT26 x 9R -12 Maxxis tubeless|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||MacPherson strut / 3.1 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Unit swing axle, adjustable shocks / 3.1 in.|
|Steering||Rack and pinion|
|Brakes||Four-wheel hydraulic drums, triple sealed|
|Fuel capacity||4.1 gal.|
|Curb weight||1,052 lbs.|
|Overall length||108.5 in.|
|Overall width||52.0 in.|
|Overall height||73.8 in.|
|Ground clearance||8.1 in.|
|Roll over protective structure (ROPS)||This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement|
|Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH)||41.1 x 35.4 x 9.6 in. / 8.08 cu. ft.|
|Load capacity||926 lbs.|
|Cargo Bed Capacity||400 lbs.|
|Towing capacity||1,100 lbs.|
|Turning radius||11.8 ft. (differential unlocked)|
|Top speed||25 mph, governed|
|Instruments||Oil temperature meter, hour meter, 35w headlights, taillight and stoplight|
|Color Choices||Super Black/Firecracker Red|
|Good Times™ Protection Plan||12, 24, 36 or 48 months|