2014 Kawasaki KLX 110L
Kawasaki released the 2014 KLX 110L. The motorcycle is technically a more mature version of the KLX 110L, featuring a series of features that make it better suited for larger and more experienced riders.
Its seat height measures 28.7 inches thanks to a 2.4-inch longer fork that delivers 5.5 inches of travel up front and a longer shock that offers 5.2 inches of wheel travel out back. The bike sits on 14 inch front and 12 inch rear knobby tires that are mounted on tough, steel rims.
The 2014 model year continues to be propelled by the same 111cc, four stroke, SOHC, two-valve single engine. The unit is brought to life by an electric starter and is linked to a four speed transmission with manual clutch.
The 2014 Kawasaki KLXL is offered with a starting price of $2.499.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Kawasaki KLX 110L.
2014 Kawasaki KLX 110L
Favorite Playbike with a Manual Clutch and Extra Seat Height
Where Kawasaki’s popular KLX®110 is the model of simplicity in off-road performance, the KLX110L capitalizes on those desirable attributes while expanding its horizons. All of the classic KLX110 ingredients are in place on the L-model, including its smooth and powerful 111cc four-stroke engine with convenient push-button electric starting and a traditional kick-start lever for backup. But several key features further enhance the KLX110L’s off-road prowess, making it the perfect off-road fun machine for larger and more experienced off-road riders of all ages.
In this case, bigger, or taller, is better, as the KLX110L’s seat height measures 28.7 inches – nearly 2 inches higher than that of the standard KLX110 – thanks to a 2.4-inch longer fork that delivers 5.5 inches of travel up front and a longer shock that offers 5.2 inches of wheel travel out back. Naturally, this taller suspension comes with optimized spring and damping settings, giving those slightly larger riders the ability to push the KLX110L as hard as they choose.
More experienced riders often demand the superior momentum control of a manual clutch, so the KLX110L gets one to complement its smooth-shifting four-speed gearbox. This combination lets more aggressive riders wring every drop of performance from the KLX110L’s torque-tuned, four-stroke engine.
Kawasaki’s design team outfitted the KLX110L with a fuel tank, seat, side panels, shrouds and fenders that mimic the championship-winning KX™450F’s bodywork. An MX-style seat is part of the package, along with a handlebar shape optimized to provide excellent comfort and control to a wide variety of riders. All the right steps have been taken to expand the KLX110L’s off-road horizons. It’s sure to expand yours.
The KLX110L can be customized with Authentic Kawasaki Accessories available at Kawasaki dealers.
At A Glance…
- Push-button electric starting
- Manual clutch
- Four-speed manual transmission
- Longer suspension than a standard KLX110
- 28.7-inch seat height is 1.9 inches taller than a standard KLX110
- Powerful 111cc engine
- KX-inspired styling
- Roomy ergonomics
Air-Cooled, Four-Stroke 111 cc Engine
- All KLX 110 and 110Ls feature valve timing, free-flowing muffler and ignition system for optimum power and torque
- Push-button electric starting makes it easy to get rolling, while a kickstarter is included as a back-up
- Starter button and kill switch are located on the left handlebar for easy access
- KACR (Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release) keeps one exhaust valve open for easy starting
- KLX110L’s compact, lay-down engine design is ideal for engine cooling and a low center of gravity
- An ignition timing inspection hole allows easy maintenance
- Choke knob on the 18mm carburetor is easy to operate with gloves on
Four-speed Manual Transmission
- Four ratios are intelligently spaced to help exploit engine power
- A manual clutch makes it easier to squeeze maximum performance out of the powerful little engine
- Shift drum cam groove and positioning spring result in optimal shift feel and positive gear engagement
Security Features and Parental Controls
- For added security, the KLX110L will only start in neutral
- The engine start/stop switch is within easy reach on the left handlebar
- A screw-type throttle limiter allows adult supervisors to control kids’ speed while they learn
- 30mm telescopic fork with 5.5 inches of travel is tuned for optimal wheel and chassis control
- Tapered roller bearings in the lower steering stem add durability
- The 110L’s handlebar shape suits a wide variety of rider sizes
- Stiffer spring and damping rates on the longer rear shock help control the rear wheel through 5.2 inches of more firmly damped travel, with greater resistance to bottoming compared to a standard KLX110
- 14-inch front and 12-inch rear knobby tires on strong, steel rims provide great off-road traction and durability, and keep seat height low
- Rigid rear brake rod allows excellent braking and pedal feel
Big KX™ Style, Built to Last
- The high-tensile steel backbone frame is strong, lightweight and built to take years of abuse
- Four strategically placed heat shields provide protection from the exhaust pipe
- A 28.7-inch seat height accommodates a broad range of riders
- KX450F-style fuel tank, seat, shrouds, side panels and fenders look fast even sitting still
- KX-style half-waffle grips provide better control and comfort
- A convenient side stand makes life easier
- A USFS-approved spark arrester comes as standard equipment
- The KLX110L meets California “Green Sticker” requirements for year-round riding fun
|Engine||Four-stroke, SOHC, two-valve single|
|Bore x Stroke||53.0 x 50.6mm|
|Frame Type||Backbone frame, high-tensile steel|
|Rake/Trail||24.2 degrees / 1.9 in.|
|Front suspension / wheel travel||30mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.5 in.|
|Rear suspension / wheel travel||Swingarm with single hydraulic shock / 5.2 in.|
|Front Tire Size||2.50x14|
|Rear Tire Size||3.00x12|
|Front brakes / rear brakes||Mechanical Drum / Mechanical drum|
|Overall length||61.4 in.|
|Overall width||25.6 in.|
|Overall height||39.0 in.|
|Ground clearance||10.4 in.|
|Seat height||28.7 in.|
|Curb weight||168 lbs.|
|Fuel capacity||1.0 gal.|
|Color Choices||Lime Green|
|Good Times Protection Plan||12, 24 or 36 months|