2015 Polaris 600 Switchback Adventure
The all new, Rider Balanced™ Switchback® with AXYS™ chassis. With it’s Rider Balanced™ attitude, Crossover riders can carry the front end through the fresh snow or carve that groomed corner. On the trail or off, turn the world into your playground like never before.
Continue reading for more information on the Polaris 600 Switchback Adventure.
2015 Polaris 600 Switchback Adventure
Engine:Liberty, Liquid with Bypass
2015 Polaris 600 SWITCHBACK ADVENTURE Key Features:
Smoothest Riding. Most Versatile.
• AXYS™ Chassis
• 600 Cleanfire® Engine
• Lock & Ride® Adventure Cargo System
• 15" x 137" x 1.35" Cobra Track
• Electric Start and 12v outlets
• AXYS™ Extreme Front Bumper
2015 Polaris 600 SWITCHBACK ADVENTURE Features and Benefits:
Rider Balanced Control:
The all new AXYS™ chassis features 93% new parts, including a carbon-fiber overstructure. The new chassis structure and design makes it possible to change the rider positioning, centralize vehicle mass, redesign the rear suspension, add more power, remove weight, and evolve the rider’s riding experience. In short, it is the key to delivering rider-balanced control, unrivaled acceleration, and rider-centric comfort.
Rider Balanced Control
Rider Balanced Control gives the rider:
• Flatter cornering without sacrificing the fun factor
• More precise handling in all conditions
• Better control in big bumps AND chatter bumps
How did we get there? Polaris:
1. Put the rider in the right location on the sled.
2. Centralized vehicle mass.
3. Optimized the suspension geometry to better control pitch.
Rider Balanced Positioning
On the new AXYS™ chassis, the rider is moved forward to a more balanced position. The rider’s hands are moved 4.5” forward, the feet are 2” forward, the knees are 4.5” forward, and the seat is 4.5” forward. In the neutral riding position, the AXYS™ platform provides bite for flatter, positive cornering. When the trail gets rough or the rider jumps off into the powder, rider balance enables the rider to move back and make the front end light to climb up on top of the snow or the moguls.
PRO-XC™ Rear Suspension
The completely redesigned geometry of the all-new PRO-XC™ progressive-rate rear suspension is optimized for the best performance and Rider-Balanced Control. Through innovative Polaris engineering and construction, the suspension is both lighter and stronger, featuring:
• Lightweight, forged aluminum rear crank.
• Completely redesigned crank and pivot.
• Front torque arm was moved rearward to control pitch, increase travel, and improve the rail profile.
Active Pitch Control™
The all-new PRO-XC™ suspension delivers Active Pitch Control™ which controls the pitch by suspension geometry and not simply by a high spring rate. This makes the sled less sensitive to adjustment while allowing optimal weight transfer.
When developing the AXYS™ platform, Polaris engineers minimized weight throughout the sled without compromising strength. The 600 Switchback Adventure is approximately 30 pounds lighter than the previous chassis and weighs approximately 30 lb. less than a competitive crossover model.
600 Cleanfire® Engine
This liquid-cooled Cleanfire® engine with semi-direct injection (SDI) deliver outstanding throttle response and instant acceleration. These powerful, efficient engines start easily and reliably and they calibrate automatically as the temperature and elevation change. These engines deliver impressive fuel economy in real-world riding situations, which, for Polaris riders, means aggressive, up-tempo riding, not low-rev lab conditions. Now in the AXYS™ chassis, the 600 engine features new lightweight integrated mounts, electronic oil pump and bypass thermostat.
Rider Centric Comfort:
Adventure Cargo System - Aluminum Rack, Lock & Ride® Saddlebags
Take only as much as you need. No two rides are ever the same, why should your sled be? Planning a high mileage, multi-day trip? Mount the saddlebags and bring everything you need. Only out for a day trip? Load up the accessory rack bag with the essentials.
AXYS™ Performance Seat
The new seat utilizes a new high-performance seat foam, and the seat design is narrower in front to provide greater maneuverability.
• The seat is lighter without compromising comfort
• Improved ergonomics and stability
• Seat top features a gripper material that helps keep the rider in place.
Interactive Digital Display
Another industry first for Polaris - the most advanced instrumentation in snowmobiling. This 4.3" high resolution, full color, LCD digital display provides a rider with information including:
• Sled performance: Speedometer, tachometer, dual tripmeters, & odometer
• Sled operating conditions: Fuel level, coolant temperature, diagnostics & maintenance warnings
• Riding conditions: Time of day, Day/Night mode
• Bluetooth™ functionality: Enables the display to communicate with the rider’s cell phone and provide notification of incoming calls or texts. Battery, signal strength.
• GPS / Mapping Capability: A compass and full-featured GPS comes standard when the GPS receiver is installed. Latitude, longitude, and elevation are displayed, along with the ability to mark and save waypoints and tracks.
• Vehicle Immobilizer and security function allow you to lock your vehicle with a passcode.
• Software can be upgraded during the life of the vehicle, so your display will never become outdated.
• Screen options can be customized to suit rider preferences.
This display comes standard on AXYS™ SnowCheck 60th Anniversary models and is also available as an accessory option for all other AXYS™ models as well as PRO-RIDE™ models when used with the accessory Defrost Bag.
The new left-hand controls feature improved ergonomics, updated styling, and enhanced hand and thumb warmer control. The controls are easy to operate with gloves on, and have an improved tactile feel.
Models built on the AXYS™ platform feature the industry’s first LED headlights as standard equipment. New LED headlights deliver the industry’s best lighting:
• 30% brighter and nearly 1 lb. lighter.
• Color temperature or output of the lights (the “whiteness,” reported in Kelvin) is 5000 K, which is very close to daylight spectrum.
• Enhanced durability over incandescent light with no filament to burn out. The LED lighting will last the lifetime of the sled.
• For enhanced safety, the low beam is always on during low to high beam transitions. When the high beam is activated, the low beam remains on, so there is never a period of no light. If the lighting switch ever malfunctioned, the user would always at least have low beam lighting.
The hood and windshield designs produce significantly enhanced wind protection for a rider, and the foil on the side panels further enhances protection.
Storage was designed and developed right along with the AXYS™ platform, so it installs securely and features seamless, integrated styling that matches the sled’s design lines.
• Compression-molded materials provide semi-rigid storage and enhanced styling
• Sturdier zippers provide better cargo security and protection
• Installs without tools
• There are 10 new AXYS™ storage options in the platform’s debut season – that can create over 90 different storage configurations
Premium Fit & Finish
Interfacing surfaces between body panels and components are shorter for minimized gaps
• Interfaces are strategically located in recessed areas
• Styling of storage elements results in clean, integrated lines
• Components are engineered for functionality and styled for the best styling
Start your sled with the turn of the key. Nothing beats the ease and convenience of electric start.
Extreme Front Bumper
Extreme Front Bumper
Lightweight, aluminum front bumper features extra protection for wherever your Adventure takes you.
|Engine Type/Cooling||Liberty/Liquid with Bypass|
|Cylinders-Displacement (cc)||2 - 599|
|Bore x Stroke (mm)||77.25 x 64|
|Disc Brake Type||AXYS™ Radial|
|Drive System Type||P85/Team®LWT|
|Fuel System||2 Injector Cleanfire|
|Fuel Capacity (gallons/liters)||12(45.4)|
|Overall Height (in./cm.)||49 (124.5)|
|Overall Width (in./cm.)||47 (119.4)|
|Ski Center Distance (in./cm.)||42.5(108)|
|Estimated Dry Weight (pounds/kg)||492 (223.2)|
|Overall Length (in./cm.)||121 (307.4)|
|Front Shocks||Walker Evans® Piggyback Comp. Adj.|
|Front Suspension||AXYS™ Front Suspension|
|Front Track Shock||Walker Evans® Piggyback Comp. Adj.|
|Front Travel (in./cm.)||9.3(23.6)|
|Rear Suspension||PRO-XC™ Rear Suspension|
|Rear Track Shock||Walker Evans® Piggyback Comp. Adj.|
|Rear Travel (in./cm.)||13.4(34)|
|Track Width/Length/Height (in.)||15 X 137 X 1.352 COBRA|
|12v Outlet||2 Standard (AC & DC)|
|Color / Graphics||Silver / Switchback® Adventure|
|Fuel Gauge||Digital MFD|
|Hand & Thumb Warmers||Std. Adjustable|
|Handlebar Hooks||Standard Integrated Hooks|
|Seat Support with Luggage||Standard Lock & Ride®|
|Seat Type||AXYS™ Performance Seat|
|Steering||60mm (2.36") Fixed Riser|
|Temp/Low Oil Light||Digital MFD|
|Standard Warranty||12 Months|
|Extended Warranty||Up to 60 months in total coverage|
“The 2015 Polaris Switchback, Rush and Switchback Adventure snowmobiles are more fun, easier to ride and all aspects of performance are superior. Engineering design goals of the Polaris Axys were to improve control, performance and comfort over the Pro-Ride chassis it replaces. Polaris officials say 93 percent of the machine is new, with only skis and some hardware being carried over. Switchback, Rush and Switchback Adventure models will be based on the Axys chassis in model year 2015.” ----- Snowgoer