2013 Star Motorcycle Roadliner S
The Star Motorcycle Roadliner S is a big cruiser touring motorcycle so it offers a relaxed, upright riding position. The bike features a sculpted seat which is perfectly suited for long journeys while the position beams within the main headlight housing give you a great road visibility during night.
The Star Motorcycle Roadliner S comes with a classic clock-style instrumentation which enhances the neo-retro look and is fitted with a series of useful displays such as the analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge.
The Roaldiner S’s backbone is a light but rigid aluminium frame which is combined with a light, Controlled-Fill die-cast swingarm.
Power comes from a 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin with 9.48:1 compression ratio. The engine is kept in check by a computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection which monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Star Motorcycle Roadliner S.
2013 Star Motorcycle Roadliner S
Engine:113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
Transmission:5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Energy:Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection;throttle position sensor
- The Roadliner S gets chrome switchgear, front brake and clutch master cylinders and levers, belt guard, fork and fork covers, handlebar clamps, shifter, front pulley cover, various engine covers, and rear fender stay.
- Powerful and beautiful 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod V-twin produces great thrust at any speed.
- Twin-bore downdraft electronic fuel injection provides optimum engine efficiency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions.
- Neo-streamline design gives the Roadliner S a completely distinctive look.
- Long and low aluminum frame provides great looks and light handling unlike any other full-size cruiser.
- A sculpted seat makes the Roadliner S an excellent place to sit on long rides.
- The Roadliner S achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 42 mpg* with a fuel tank that holds 4.5 gallons of gas.
- The Star® Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
- Clutch has light, easy-pull operation — 20% less effort at the lever than before.
- 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin has massive looks and performance.
- Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provides optimum combustion efficiency.
- Ceramic-composite plated cylinders for superior heat dissipation with forged pistons cooled by oil jets. Provides outstanding reliability and longer engine life.
- 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
- Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
- Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®) inside the two-into-one exhaust system boosts torque.
- Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
Chassis and Suspension
- Aluminum frame is light, rigid, and requires few welds for a smooth, clean look. A light, Controlled-Fill die-cast swingarm complements the bike’s streamline style and reduces unsprung weight for great handling.
- 46mm fork tubes serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance.
- A tucked-out-of-sight single shock with adjustable spring preload out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
- A thick, richly chromed 1.25-inch handlebar in chrome clamps carries the Roadliner S’s switchgear wiring on the inside.
- Flangeless, teardrop fuel tank carries a full 4.5 gallons of fuel.
- 12-spoke wheels evoke a thick spoke look, but carry modern tubeless radial tires; a 130/70-18 front and a fat, 190/60-17 rear for excellent grip.
- Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power, feel, and great style.
- Strong-and-light belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
- Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
- A sculpted seat makes the Roadliner S an excellent place to sit on long rides. Improves long range comfort.
- Position beams within the main headlight housing provide great visibility.
- Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
- Classic clock-style instrumentation complement Roadliner S’s neo-retro look and contains analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters and odometer.
- Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
|Engine Type||113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||100mm x 118mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection;throttle position sesor|
|Ignition TCI:||Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||46mm telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 4.3-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc, 320mm|
|Tires / Front||130/70-18M/C 63H|
|Tires / Rear||190/60-17M/C 78H|
|Seat Height||27.8 in|
|Ground Clearance||6.1 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.5 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||42 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||750 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|MSRP*||$15,690 (Raven) Available from October 2012|
Ultimatemotorcycling ---- "And chrome is plentiful on this Star, a company owned by Yamaha; the 2012 Star Roadliner S features chrome switchgear, front brake and clutch master cylinders and levers, belt guard, fork and fork covers, handlebar clamps, shifter, front pulley cover, various engine covers, rear fender stay and polished wheels."
Totalmotorcycle ---- "Our biggest V-Twin is also our boldest, with a highly advanced fuel injected engine producing peak torque at only 2250 rpm. And an aluminum frame for the kind of solid, precise handling nothing else in its class can touch. The 2013 Yamaha Roadliner S gets chrome switchgear, front brake and clutch master cylinders and levers, belt guard, fork and fork covers, handlebar clamps, shifter, front pulley cover, various engine covers, rear fender stay and polished wheels."
Motorcyclistonline ---- "The forest is a compost heap and I’m on a silver centipede pounding double-time through Deep Musty. Big Banger thuds softly—nothing can stop this engine, man, nothing! The rain falls harder and my hands numb from the cold, wet gloves. I can sense it, further on. More throttle, Big Banger lunges to 70 mph, 3000 rpm. Not enough—more! Seventy-five—it’s just ahead, it has to be! Faster still, Big Banger’s exhaust begins to drone. God, it feels good to shiver—I never want to die! Squirming black road iridescent with oil rising, cut dark green left, dull gray light blasts through a gap, asphalt yawning, stretching. Raining harder, Big Banger’s wheels are circular rivers, water streams from my visor, turn to clear and see trees blurring, and right now each curve is exactly where it should be, exactly"