2013 Star Motorcycle V Star Custom
Developed for those looking for a well polished cruiser which is able to deal great with both long and short journeys, the Star Motorcycle V Star Custom rewards its riders with a great handling and a classic look.
The V Star Custom is the lightest model in the Star lineup and features dual exhausts, custom-looking clear turn signals and of course lots of chrome. Moreover, thanks to the 27.4-inch seat height you can stay with your both feet on the pavement.
Power comes from chromed 40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled, SOHC 70-degree V-twin which delivers an estimated fuel consumption of 49 mpg. The engine is married to a wide-ratio five-speed transmission which offers a smooth power delivery to the pavement. The bike also comes with dual, heated Mikuni 28mm carburetors with a throttle position sensor (TPS) and two-into-two chrome exhaust pipes.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Star Motorcycle V Star Custom.
2013 Star Motorcycle V Star Custom
Engine:40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled 70° V-twin; SOHC, 2 valves/cylinder
Transmission:5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Horsepower @ RPM:49
Energy:(2) 28mm Mikuni® CV carburetors
- * The V Star Custom is the lightest of the full-size Stars, which means great handling and performance are along for the ride, too.
- * Dual exhausts, custom-looking clear turn signals, lots of chrome—the V Star Custom represents tremendous cruiser bang for the buck.
- * Classic rigid-look rear end serves up 3.4 inches of rear wheel travel damped by a hidden preload-adjustable shock, offering up a great ride.
- * 27.4-inch seat height lets riders get both feet on the pavement.
- * Estimated 49 mpg** means over 200 miles of riding before fill-ups.
- * Beautifully chromed and polished 40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled, SOHC 70-degree V-twin cranks out torquey low and mid-range power with minimal engine rpm—maximum torque is reached at only 3000 rpm—for powerful, smooth cruising performance.
- * Forged, lightweight pistons. Greater durability and reduced vibration and reciprocating mass.
- * Efficient and quiet shaft drive. Requires almost no maintenance.
- * Ceramic-composite, cylinder-bore plating ensures superior heat dissipation. Offers better cooling and longer engine life.
- * Thick, cylnder cooling fins. Enhances the stylish look while increasing efficiency.
- * Dual, heated Mikuni® 28mm carburetors with a throttle position sensor (TPS) features a progressive pulley, electronic fuel pump and handy side-mounted air filter. Provides a consistent fuel flow, great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev-range.
- * Wide-ratio five-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery to the asphalt.
- * Two-into-two chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling and deliver maximum low- and mid-range engine output.
Chassis and Suspension
- * Stout, large-diameter steel frame is designed to provide low seat height with ample rider legroom.
- * The bobbed fender evokes a look that’s both sporty and stylish.
- * Extra long, 63.4-inch wheelbase adds to rider comfort, handling, and creates a long and low retro look.
- * Large, low-profile seat provides exceptional rider comfort while low, 27.4-inch seat height allows rider to put feet down for extra confidence at stoplights.
- * 41mm aluminum telescopic front fork with 5.5 inches of travel and tube protectors ensures a smooth ride with stylishly sporty durability.
- * Link-type, preload-adjustable single rear shock with 3.4 inches of travel provides excellent handling and plusher ride quality.
- * Rear shock is tucked out of sight under sporty bobtail fender for that classic, hardtail look.
- * Single front disc and rear drum brakes deliver strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
- * Narrow front tire on wire-spoked wheel completes the Custom’s design and delivers quick steering for sporty handling.
- * Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a stunningly timeless machine.
- * Large, 4.2-gallon teardrop fuel tank features class-leading fuel capacity for extra-long-distance cruising range.
- * Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer is designed with a large face for easy reading of tripmeter/odometer displays and turn signal, neutral, high beam, and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
- * Chrome, bullet-style 60/55-watt halogen headlight adds a nice, stylish touch and maximizes nighttime visibility.
- * Maintenance-free 12V 10AH battery ensures reliable, no-fuss starting.
- * Under seat helmet holder increases convenience for the rider.
- * Locking compartment under side cover. Secure storage for small items.
|Engine Type||40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled 70° V-twin; SOHC, 2 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||81 x 63mm|
|Fuel Delivery||(2) 28mm Mikuni® CV carburetors|
|Ignition TCI:||Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Frame||Steel; hidden shock|
|Suspension / Front||41mm telescopic fork; 5.5" travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; adjustable preload, 3.4-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||200mm drum|
|Tires / Front||100/90-19|
|Tires / Rear||170/80-15|
|Seat Height||27.4 in|
|Ground Clearance||5.5 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.2 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||49 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||514 lb / California model: 518 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|MSRP*||$6,990 (Raven) Available from July 2012|