2013 Star Motorcycle VMAX
The 2013 Star Motorcycle VMAX offers a mean look combined with modern technologies, first class ergonomics and a huge dose of coolness.
This imposing mechanical beast is propelled by a 102-cubic-inch (1679 cc), liquid-cooled, 65° V-4, DOHC engine with 4 valves per cylinder. The motorcycle features a five speeds transmission with multiplate slipper clutch which can deal effortless with the massive power generated by the engine.
To deliver high-end performances, the motorcycle’s chassis is light and compact, featuring a cast aluminum main frame, Controlled-Fill die-cast and extruded aluminum rear frame and cast aluminum swingarm.
Needless to say that all these features are translated into a great stability and handling at both low and high speeds. You also get 18 inch front and rear wheels paired with Brembo brakes.
As far as prices are concerned, the Star Motorcycle VMAX can be yours for no less than $17,990.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Star Motorcycle VMAX.
2013 Star Motorcycle VMAX
Engine:V-4, DOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
Energy:Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
The Star Motorcycle VMAX is the ultimate fudion of brawn and brains. The unique features of this iconic beast are richly blended with advanced sportbike technology and forward-thinking style.
Star Motorcycle VMAX Features
• The ultimate power cruiser delivers unmatched performance from its 65-degree, four-valves-per-cylinder, 1679cc V4—plenty of eye-opening, controllable acceleration from a compact engine that looks as powerful as it is.
• Downdraft four-bore fuel injection with YCC-I® intake technology and YCC-T® fly-by-wire throttle provide awesome acceleration throughout the broad powerband.
• Lightweight aluminum chassis puts the engine low and forward for mass centralization, resulting in a machine designed to handle curves as well as straightaways.
• Borrowing liberally from advanced sportbike technology, VMAX features a slipper clutch, wave-style brake discs, ABS, and complete suspension adjustability front and rear.
• Functionality and forward-thinking style uniquely combine with features like oxidized-titanium-coated 52mm front fork tubes, magnesium engine side covers, fluorinated polyethylene fuel tank and the organic electroluminescence multifunction display.
• The thunderous 1679cc, 65-degree, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected four-valves-per-cylinder, DOHC engine pumps out astonishing power to reinvent the VMAX legend.
• The superbike-proven Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I) switches nearly instantaneously between 150mm and 54mm intake funnels as needed for a broad powerband that delivers optimum performance at any rpm.
• Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T), the fly-by-wire system, delivers optimum acceleration under all conditions.
• Engine combines four-valve technology with a high 11.3:1 compression ratio, forged aluminum pistons and NGK® Iridium spark plugs with R1-type direct ignition coils to extract maximum horsepower from the fuel charge.
• Cams are driven by a combined chain and gear system to precisely control valves while keeping cylinder heads remarkably compact for such a large displacement engine.
• Hydraulically activated clutch includes racetrack-proven ramp-type slipper clutch system that makes braking from speed while downshifting smoother.
• Five-speed transmission has superbly spaced gear ratios to take full advantage of the engine’s awesome power in straight-line acceleration or through the canyons.
• Delivering this power cruiser’s muscle to the street means a beefy shaft drive. Special shaft design includes two cross joints to accommodate the fat 200/50 R18 rear tire.
• The high-performance engine is cooled by two radiators for efficiency and clean looks. Lubrication is via a simple, reliable wet sump system.
• Four-into-one-into-two-into-four exhaust system with EXUP® delivers a broad, seamless powerband with the right VMAX look.
• The iconic VMAX aluminum intake covers are hand buffed by craftsmen for superb quality and individuality.
• The chassis is light and compact, with a cast aluminum main frame, Controlled-Fill die-cast and extruded aluminum rear frame and cast aluminum swingarm. The result is superb rigidity balance for both hard acceleration off the line and corner carving.
• Cartridge-damper-type front forks have substantial 52mm inner tubes with oxidized titanium coating. Forks have both compression and rebound damping adjustability plus spring preload.
• Link-type Monocross® rear suspension has a piggyback reservoir and features compression and rebound clickers, plus remote preload adjustment.
• VMAX uses Brembo® master cylinders, the front with radial pump and reserve tank. Large 320mm wave-style dual front discs are matched to radial-mounted mono block 6-piston calipers. On the rear wheel, there’s a 298mm disc, also wave design, and single-piston caliper. These high-tech brakes also incorporate three-position ABS.
• Tapered handlebar provides a muscular 1-1/8” diameter look at the triple clamp while using conventionally sized controls.
• 18-inch radial tires, 120/70 R18 front and 200/50 R18 rear, are mounted on cast aluminum five-spoke wheels.
• For mass centralization that contributes to the bike’s lean looks, the 4-gallon (15-liter) fuel tank is mounted under the seat, with the filler under the rider’s backrest.
Star Motorcycle VMAX Key Features:
• The Electronic Control Unit (ECU) uses three microprocessors to control fuel injection, ignition, YCC-T, YCC-I, meters and other electrical components.
• Distinctive key design reinforces the unique character of the VMAX.
• The instrument panel includes an analog, step-motor driven tachometer, and digital speedometer with LED indicator lights.
Prominent LED shift timing indicator adds to the performance character of the VMAX.
• Organic electroluminescence multi-function display provides a more precise display vs. LCD and includes clock, fuel meter, trip meter with fuel reserve trip meter, transmission gear position, coolant temperature, stopwatch, and more.
• H4 60/55W headlight provides excellent visibility and distinctive style, while the trick-looking LED taillight is light, bright and highly efficient.
• Rare earth magnet AC magneto puts out a robust 420W at 5000 rpm.
|Engine type||102-cubic-inch (1679cc) liquid-cooled 65° V-4, DOHC, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||90.0mm x 66.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed, multiplate slipper clutch|
|Suspension / Front||52mm telescopic cartridge fork w/oxidized titanium coating. Fully adjustable preload, compression and rebound; 4.7 in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock w/remote reservoir and remote adjustable for preload, compression and rebound|
|Brakes / Front||Dual 320mm wave-type discs; radial mount 6-piston calipers, Brembo® radial pump master cylinder|
|Brakes / Rear||298mm wave-type disc, single-piston caliper and Brembo® master cylinder|
|Tires / Front||Bridgestone® Radial 120/70-R18 59V|
|Tires / Rear||Bridgestone® Radial 200/50-R18 76V|
|Seat Height||30.5 in|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||31.0°|
|Fuel Capacity||4.0 gal|
|Fuel Economy||27 mpg|
|Wet Weight||683 lb / 686 lb (CA model)|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|