2014 Star Motorcycle Bolt R-Spec
With Star’s unmistakable character, a bobber-style design and top notch performances, the 2014 Bolt R-Spec is ready to continue the heritage of the Bolt name with dignity.
Features like special colors, piggyback shocks, cool textured-color stitched seat, black fenders, and blacked-out mirrors the R-Spec version has all it needs to distinguish itself by the rest of the heard.
The bike’s newly designed double-cradle frame showcases the 58 cubic inch (942cc), air-cooled, 60° V-twin, 4-Stroke, SOHC, 4-Valve engine which is mated on a five speed transmission with wet multiplate clutch. The engine is mounted to the frame as a stressed member with a rigid mount system further enhancing the motorcycle’s handling abilities.
The 2014 Bolt R-Spec sits on newly designed 12-spoke cast wheels that are wrapped in 100/90-19 size front and 150/80-16 size rear bias-type Bridgestone tires.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Star Motorcycle Bolt R-Spec.
2014 Star Motorcycle Bolt R-Spec
Engine:Air cooled 4-stroke, V-Twin, SOHC, 4-valve
Old school. New thinking. Minimalist style. Modern performance. From its slim, compact bobber-style design to its raw metal look and feel, it’s everything you need. And nothing you don’t. Bolt R-Spec version includes special colors, piggyback shocks, cool textured-color stitched seat, black fenders [on Camo Green model], and blacked-out mirrors.
2014 Star Motorcycle Bolt R-Spec Key Features:
- * The Bolt R-Spec is stripped down and devoid of chrome parts and epitomizes the “Urban Performance Bobber” look. The compact chassis proudly showcases the 58 cubic inch (942cc), air-cooled, 60° V-twin sitting at the heart of the bike.
- * The Bolt R-Spec uses modern technology to create a riding experience superior to other similarly sized machines. Even fuel injection and ignition timing maps have been carefully chosen specifically for this bike to deliver class-leading performance with strong low- and mid-range torque sure to bring a smile to every rider’s face.
- * The Bolt R-Spec’s chassis design is entirely new. Components such as the 3.2 gallon fuel tank, textured seat with colored stitching, piggyback rear shocks, belt drive, front and rear wheels, digital meter and steel fenders are new, creating a unique and fresh style.
- * The slim body and low seat design combine to give the motorcycle light maneuverability and a stable handling feeling. The upright riding posture helps the rider feel the wind, hear the sounds, and experience the pulse of the machine.
- * For riders who value personalization, the options for the Bolt R-Spec are limited only by the owner’s imagination. As we say at Star motorcycles, “we build it, you make it your own.” And as the perfect canvas for customization, Bolt R-Spec is the perfect example of that philosophy.
- * The 58 cubic inch (942cc) engine is an air-cooled SOHC 60º V-twin with four valves per cylinder, a pent-roof shaped combustion chamber, and 9.0:1 compression ratio. The engine is designed to provide excellent power and superior low-end torque.
- * To keep friction loss to a minimum and help the engine achieve the ideal performance characteristics, special roller-type rocker arms with needle bearings are used. These also reduce top-end weight for excellent mass-centralization.
- * The combustion chamber shape was precisely engineered to direct the fuel/air charge to the center of the piston for more efficient combustion and maximum power. Ceramic-composite-plated cylinders provide excellent heat dissipation and reduced oil consumption.
- * High -quality forged aluminum pistons have a lightweight, high-strength, compact design that contributes to reduced vibration.
- * Sophisticated fuel injection is used on the Bolt R-Spec to deliver the best urban riding fun with strong acceleration. 3D maps for ignition timing and fuel injection have been developed and these new settings deliver outstanding acceleration in the mid and low-speed ranges
- * The stainless steel air cleaner cover provides a “raw metal” look that accentuates the Bolt R-Spec’s distinctive styling. And the air cleaner design helps provide great intake efficiency and enhanced torque characteristics.
- * A 2-into-1 exhaust pipe layout on the right side of the engine contributes to the lively performance and styling of the machine. The minimalist-style exhaust system delivers a throaty and pleasing exhaust not.
- * The clutch uses a rubber damper to reduce the fatigue that can come with frequent engagement/disengagement in stop and go city traffic. Riders will certainly appreciate the extra comfort the design provides.
- * A newly designed double-cradle frame enhances city riding enjoyment. The engine is mounted to the frame as a stressed member with a rigid mount system that provides precise handling.
- * The low-set seat is a mere 27.2 inches off the pavement, so most riders can easily put both feet firmly on the ground at a stop, as well as enjoy the great riding position the seat provides.
- * Bolt R-Spec’s short, 61.8-inch wheelbase contributes to the bike’s lively handling, providing for tight turns in city riding and solid handling on the road.
- * The beefy front 41mm fork tubes offer excellent suspension performance and the twin rear shocks, which include piggyback style gas chambers, have been tuned to provide great comfort and handling while contributing to the machine’s low profile.
- * At just 21mm wide, the drive belt contributes to the slim and clean look of the rear end. This newly designed belt has a carbon-fiber core which adds strength and durability for longevity.
- * designed 12-spoke cast wheels are used to provide strength and toughness. Bridgestone® 100/90-19 size front and 150/80-16 size rear bias-type tires help provide excellent road grip.
- * The 298mm front disc brake and 298mm rear disc brake both use wave rotors, the style usually found on sport bikes. The front brake uses a floating-mount for great heat-distortion resistance, contributing to excellent braking performance.
- * The 3.2 gallon fuel tank is a traditional teardrop style, with a slim shape that includes flattened top and side surfaces to enhance Bolt R-Spec styling.
- * A round, smoked-lens LCD digital speedometer adds to the modern take on the traditional bobber style.
- * LED rear taillight looks cool and adds to the modern bobber appeal.
- * Steel front and rear fenders are ideal for personalization, including paint and customization.
- * Solo rider saddle adds to the minimalist bobber look.
|Engine type||Air cooled 4-stroke, V-Twin, SOHC, 4-valve|
|Bore x Stroke||85.0 x 83.0|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel Injected|
|Ignition||TCI (Transistor Controlled Ignition)|
|Transmission||5-speed multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic fork, 4.7-in travel|
|Suspension Rear||Dual piggyback shocks, 2.8-in travel|
|Brakes Front||Wave-type disc, 298mm|
|Brakes Rear||Wave-type disc, 298mm|
|Tires Front||100/90-19M/C 57H|
|Tires Rear||150/80-16M/C 71H|
|Seat Height||27.2 in|
|Ground Clearance||5.1 in|
|Fuel Capacity||3.2 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||47 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||540 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price and Specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your, vechile, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vechile with all standart equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisions with other models.
The Star Motorcycle Bolt R Spec goes head to head with models like the Harley Davidson Sportster. While Harley has the glorious culture and tradition of the American motorcycles working in its advantage, the Bolt has some special weapons that help it compete with its American rival with success.
Apart from the lower price tag, the Bolt R-Spec is also fairly well built, easy to maintain and reliable to the core. Not to mention about the tasty bobber style that will make you fall in love with it from the moment you see it in flesh and bones.
Its performances are on the high end of the spectrum, so you won’t have any complains about the engine, brakes or handling either.