2014 Star Motorcycles Roadliner S
If you like the Roadliner S then you’ll be happy to know that the company has just released the 2014 model year.
The new model looks like a classy machinery and features a host of tasty details that give it a pretty distinctive character. There is also a lot of chrome and Roadliner S’s famous headlight that inspires power and confidence.
Powered by a 113 cubic inch (1854 cc), air cooled, pushrod 48 degree, V twin engine the 2014 Star motorcycles Roadliner S delivers an estimated fuel economy of 42 mpg.
The engine features four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder for enhanced efficiency. Its power is transferred to the rear wheel through a 5-Speed transmission with multiplate wet clutch.
The 2014 Star Motorcycles Roadliner S is offered with a base price of $ 14,990.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Star Motorcycles Roadliner S.
2014 Star Motorcycles Roadliner S
Engine:Air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
Energy:Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
For those who think big.
Star Motorcycles biggest V-Twin is also Star Motorcycles boldest, with a highly advanced fuel-injected engine producing peak torque at only 2250 rpm. And an alumunium frame for the kind of solid, precise handling nothing else in its class can touch. The Roadliner S gets chrome switchgear, front brake and clutch master cylinders and levers, belt guard, fork and fork covers, handlebar clamps, shifter, front pulley cover, various engine covers, fear fender stay and polished wheels.
2014 Star Motorcycles Roadliner S Key Features:
• The Roadliner S gets chrome switchgear, front brake and clutch master cylinders and levers, belt guard, fork and fork covers, handlebar clamps, shifter, front pulley cover, various engine covers, and rear fender stay.
• Powerful and beautiful 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod V-twin produces great thrust at any speed.
• Twin-bore downdraft electronic fuel injection provides optimum engine efficiency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions.
• Neo-streamline design gives the Roadliner S a completely distinctive look.
• Long and low aluminum frame provides great looks and light handling unlike any other full-size cruiser.
• A sculpted seat makes the Roadliner S an excellent place to sit on long rides.
• The Roadliner S achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 42 mpg* with a fuel tank that holds 4.5 gallons of gas.
• The Star® Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
• 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin has massive looks and performance.
• Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provides optimum combustion efficiency.
• Ceramic-composite plated cylinders for superior heat dissipation with forged pistons cooled by oil jets. Provides outstanding reliability and longer engine life.
• 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
• Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
• Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®) inside the two-into-one exhaust system boosts torque.
• Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
• Aluminum frame is light, rigid, and requires few welds for a smooth, clean look. A light, Controlled-Fill die-cast swingarm complements the bike’s streamline style and reduces unsprung weight for great handling.
• 46mm fork tubes serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance.
• A tucked-out-of-sight single shock with adjustable spring preload out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
• A thick, richly chromed 1.25-inch handlebar in chrome clamps carries the Roadliner S’s switchgear wiring on the inside.
• Flangeless, teardrop fuel tank carries a full 4.5 gallons of fuel.
• 12-spoke wheels evoke a thick spoke look, but carry modern tubeless radial tires; a 130/70-18 front and a fat, 190/60-17 rear for excellent grip.
• Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power, feel, and great style.
• Strong-and-light belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
• Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
• A sculpted seat makes the Roadliner S an excellent place to sit on long rides. Improves long range comfort.
• Position beams within the main headlight housing provide great visibility.
• Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
• Classic clock-style instrumentation complement Roadliner S’s neo-retro look and contains analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, low fuel trip meter, and odometer.
• Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
• Sidebags detach easily for cleaning.
|Engine Type||Air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||100mm x 118mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection;throttle position sensor|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||46mm telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 4.3-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc, 320mm|
|Tires / Front||130/70-18M/C 63H|
|Tires / Rear||190/60-17M/C 78H|
|Seat Height||27.8 in|
|Ground Clearance||6.1 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.5 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||42 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||750 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price and Specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your, vechile, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vechile with all standart equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisions with other models.