2015 Star Motorcycles VMAX
Badass to the core, the 2015 Star Motorcycle VMAX demands instant respect. With its bad boy attitude, aggressive air intakes, roaring engine and refined details, the VMAX has the potential to break a lot of hearts.
At its heart sits a liquid-cooled 65° V-4, DOHC, 4 Valves/Cylinder engine with a displacement of 102-Cubic-Inch (1679cc). The engine transfers its power to the ground by means of a five speed transmission with multiplate slipper clutch. As far as efficiency is concerned, the engine delivers a fuel consumption of 27 Mpg.
The motorcycle’s speed is kept under control by dual 320 mm and rear 298 mm wave-type discs.
As far as wheels are concerned, the motorcycle rides on Bridgestone Radial 120/70-R18 59V front and Bridgestone Radial 200/50-R18 76V rear tires.
The 2015 model year is offered with a starting price of $17,990.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2015 Star Motorcycles VMAX.
2015 Star Motorcycles VMAX
Engine:Liquid-cooled 65° V-4, DOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
Top Speed:124 mph
Asphalt Buckling Power
The ultimate marriage of brawn and brains, the iconic 2015 Yamaha VMAX features a 1679cc V5, advanced sportbike technology, lightweight aluminum chassis, slipper clutch and wave style brake discs combined with forward thinking style for a machine with massive performance and equally colossal great looks. The 2015 V-Max truly is in a class by itself.
2015 Star Motorcycles VMAX Key Features:
• The ultimate power cruiser delivers unmatched performance from its 65-degree, four-valves-per-cylinder, 1679cc V4—plenty of eye-opening, controllable acceleration from a compact engine that looks as powerful as it is.
• Downdraft four-bore fuel injection with YCC-I® intake technology and YCC-T® fly-by-wire throttle provide awesome acceleration throughout the broad powerband.
• Lightweight aluminum chassis puts the engine low and forward for mass centralization, resulting in a machine designed to handle curves as well as straightaways.
• Borrowing liberally from advanced sportbike technology, VMAX features a slipper clutch, wave-style brake discs, ABS, and complete suspension adjustability front and rear.
• Functionality and forward-thinking style uniquely combine with features like oxidized-titanium-coated 52mm front fork tubes, magnesium engine side covers, fluorinated polyethylene fuel tank.
2015 Star Motorcycles VMAX Features and Benefits:
• The thunderous 1679cc, 65-degree, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected four-valves-per-cylinder, DOHC engine pumps out astonishing power to reinvent the VMAX legend.
• The superbike-proven Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I) switches nearly instantaneously between 150mm and 54mm intake funnels as needed for a broad powerband that delivers optimum performance at any rpm.
• Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T), the fly-by-wire system, delivers optimum acceleration under all conditions.
• Engine combines four-valve technology with a high 11.3:1 compression ratio, forged aluminum pistons and NGK® Iridium spark plugs with R1-type direct ignition coils to extract maximum horsepower from the fuel charge.
• Cams are driven by a combined chain and gear system to precisely control valves while keeping cylinder heads remarkably compact for such a large displacement engine.
• Hydraulically activated clutch includes racetrack-proven ramp-type slipper clutch system that makes braking from speed while downshifting smoother.
• Five-speed transmission has superbly spaced gear ratios to take full advantage of the engine’s awesome power in straight-line acceleration or through the canyons.
• Delivering this power cruiser’s muscle to the street means a beefy shaft drive. Special shaft design includes two cross joints to accommodate the fat 200/50 R18 rear tire.
• The high-performance engine is cooled by two radiators for efficiency and clean looks. Lubrication is via a simple, reliable wet sump system.
• Four-into-one-into-two-into-four exhaust system with EXUP® delivers a broad, seamless powerband with the right VMAX look.
• The iconic VMAX aluminum intake covers are hand buffed by craftsmen for superb quality and individuality.
• The chassis is light and compact, with a cast aluminum main frame, Controlled-Fill die-cast and extruded aluminum rear frame and cast aluminum swingarm.
• Cartridge-damper-type front forks have substantial 52mm inner tubes with oxidized titanium coating. Forks have both compression and rebound damping adjustability plus spring preload.
• Link-type Monocross® rear suspension has a piggyback reservoir and features compression and rebound clickers, plus remote preload adjustment.
• VMAX uses Brembo® master cylinders, the front with radial pump and reserve tank. Large 320mm wave-style dual front discs are matched to radial-mounted mono block 6-piston calipers. On the rear wheel, there’s a 298mm disc, also wave design, and single-piston caliper. These high-tech brakes also incorporate three-position ABS.
• Tapered handlebar provides a muscular 1-1/8” diameter look at the triple clamp while using conventionally sized controls.
• 18-inch radial tires, 120/70 R18 front and 200/50 R18 rear, are mounted on cast aluminum five-spoke wheels.
• For mass centralization that contributes to the bike’s lean looks, the 4-gallon (15-liter) fuel tank is mounted under the seat, with the filler under the rider’s backrest.
• The Electronic Control Unit (ECU) uses three microprocessors to control fuel injection, ignition, YCC-T, YCC-I, meters and other electrical components.
• The instrument panel includes an analog, step-motor driven tachometer, and digital speedometer with LED indicator lights. Prominent LED shift timing indicator adds to the performance character of the VMAX.
• Organic electroluminescence multifunction display provides a more precise display vs. LCD and includes clock, fuel meter, trip meter with fuel reserve trip meter, transmission gear position, coolant temperature, stopwatch, and more.
• H4 60/55W headlight provides excellent visibility and distinctive style, while the trick-looking LED taillight is light, bright and highly efficient.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled 65° V-4, DOHC, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||90.0 x 66.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed, multiplate slipper clutch|
|Suspension / Front||52mm telescopic cartridge fork w/oxidized titanium coating. Fully adjustable preload, compression and rebound; 4.7 in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock w/remote reservoir and remote adjustable for preload, compression and rebound|
|Brakes / Front||Dual 320mm wave-type discs; radial mount 6-piston calipers, Brembo® radial pump master cylinder|
|Brakes / Rear||298mm wave-type disc, single-piston caliper and Brembo® master cylinder|
|Tires / Front||Bridgestone® Radial 120/70-R18 59V|
|Tires / Rear||Bridgestone® Radial 200/50-R18 76V|
|L x W x H||94.3 x 32.3 x 46.9 in|
|Seat Height||30.5 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.0 gal|
|Fuel Economy||27 mpg|
|Wet Weight||683 lb / 686 lb (CA model)|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|Available Color||Black Cherry|
|Price||$17,990 Available from November 2014|
"Unlike any other motorcycle available today, the VMAX is truly in a class of its own. The awesome acceleration and muscular beauty combines with sporty handling and Yamaha’s latest electronic engine management technologies to offer an incredibly exhilarating riding experience." — Total Motorcycle