2008 Suzuki Boulevard M109R
Like Suzuki’s sport bikes, the Boulevard M109R balances extraordinary performance with crisp handling, thanks to a technically advanced chassis and suspension, matched by world-class brakes.
2008 Suzuki Boulevard M109R
Engine:four-stroke, liquid-cooled, V-twin, DOHC, 4-valves
Suzuki Boulevard M109R history
In 2006, Suzuki made good on their promise to dealers and to customers alike, with the launch of their all-new flagship model, the Boulevard M109R. (The R refers to Suzuki’s racing heritage and GSX-R line of performances bikes).
The Suzuki Boulevard M109R is an incredible combination of cruiser styling and renowned Suzuki power and handling. By injecting the Boulevard M109R with a potent shot of race-proven technology developed for the championship-winning GSX-R sport bikes, Suzuki has literally redefined the concept of a cruiser.
With its all-new 109-cubic-inch, fuel injected V-twin engine, the Boulevard M109R is the most powerful cruiser Suzuki has ever produced: massive torque all the way from idle to redline, which translates into acceleration and to reward every one of your senses, the big V-twin also produces a throaty, aggressive exhaust note designed to let the world know they’re looking at - and listing to - the hottest cruiser on the road.
For 2007, the Boulevard M109R receives a new cylinder head cover, secondary cover and the drive unit cover featured chromed metal construction for a high quality finish.
As for 2008, a new aerodynamic single headlight option with attractive chrome housing and stylish good looks.
This is a very powerful and fun bike. The bike rides, handles, and looks more like a hyper-performance sport bike. Don’t get me wrong, I loved ridind this bike (fantastic brakes). This is a motorcycle for guys who want hype bike performance in a cruiser riding style. The M 109 R is for the new exploding market of high performance bikes built in a cruiser riding style. It will crush the Victory Hammer because it is a better bike at a much lower price. This bike will in no way compete with the air cooled Harley bikes or the S&S power customs because they are two very different types of rides and two different markets. This bike is a winner! I am so pleased to see someone finally produce a true performance bike I can ride without leg cramps! This baby runs and it will stop on a dime. There is no air cooled v-twin that will stay with this machine. I had no problem keeping up with (and passing) my hyper bike buddies. The only old school cruisers I’ve seen while riding this bike, were those in the mirror. I loved it.
- I was least impressed with some of the cheap plastic parts. However, the plastic parts are forgotten when you power up the awesome sounding engine.
- Riders foot pegs needs some improvement. Gear selector have barely enough room to get your boot under and the rear brake peg do not have enough room to rest your foot. When taking high speed turns it feels like your foot is going to fall off.
- Getting used to the monster tire on the back takes a little bit but it gives you a lot of rubber for the road and in turns.
- Caution if you’re not used to attention, this is not the bike for you. I got plenty of thumbs up from onlookers. This bike is a real attention getter!
Over ALL, GET ONE! This machine is AWESOME! The M109 wins on looks, power, and handling. I would recommend this bike to anyone getting back on bikes but not for the faint hearted as thing goes. This bike is truly Uniquely Bad! Scary fast.
- New aerodynamic single headlight option with attractive chrome housing and stylish good looks.
- A streamlined headlight cover carrying a unique trapezoidal shaped multi-reflector H4 halogen headlight and a maintenance free LED tail light built into the tailsection
- 1783cc, 4-valve DOHC, 54 degree, liquid-cooled, fuel injected V-twin engine designed for strong throttle response and quick acceleration
- Massive 112mm bore and 90.5mm stroke utilizing huge 112mm forged aluminum alloy pistons with short skirts, and cut away sides riding on chrome moly steel connecting rods
- Unique new two-stage cam drive system creates a compact cylinder head design and reduces overall engine height and creates a lower center of gravity
- Each bore is lined with Suzuki’s race proven SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material) for optimum heat transfer, tighter piston-to-cylinder clearances and reduced weight
- A compact dry sump lubrication system SASS (Suzuki Advanced Sump System) provides reduced engine height, a lower crankshaft position and lower center of gravity
- Five speed transmission features carefully selected gear ratios for comfortable cruising in a variety of riding situations
- Three piece airbox uses dual intakes with 9.5 liters of internal volume working through a pleated fabric air cleaner element
- The 2-into1-into2 stainless steel chromed exhaust system features Suzuki’s digitally controlled SET (Suzuki Exhaust Tuning) system for optimum engine performance and powerful v-twin sound
- Electronic fuel injection system features the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve system (SDTV) with 56mm throttle bodies - maintains optium air velocity for smooth low-to-mid range throttle response
- A new Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and stabilizes engine idle speed in various conditions
- Dual spark plug per cylinder ignition system is controlled by the powerful 32 bit ECM for improved combustion effeciency and reduced exhaust emissions
- High-tensile double cradle steel frame is built to comfortably handle all the power and torque while delivering agile handling and a plush smooth ride
- Spiral spoke cast aluminum alloy wheels measure a 3.50 x 18 inch up front and a massive 8.50 x 18 inch rear tire wearing a huge 240mm rear Dunlop radial tire
- Front brake system includes radial mounted four piston front calipers and 310mm front brake rotors. Rear brake system includes a dual piston caliper and 275mm rear disc
- A sleek wide fuel tank with 5.1 gallon fuel capacity that flows into integrated side covers, a comfortable low seat and stylish radiator cowl.
- A handlebar mounted digital tachometer and LED indicator lights flow nicely with the tank mounted analog speedometer and LCD odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel gauge and clock
- Inverted cartridge forks with 46mm stanchion tubes proved an aggressive front end look with 5.12 inches of wheel travel
- A cast aluminum alloy swingarm works with a progressive shock linkage and a preload adjustable single rear shock delivering 4.66 inches of wheel travel working through a shaft drive system
- Single seat cover is standard equipment and emphasizes the beautiful flowing lines of the M109R
Engine: 1783cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, V-twin, DOHC, 4-valves
Bore Stroke: 112.0mm x 90.5mm
Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
Fuel System: Fuel injection
Lubrication: Semi-Dry Sump
Final Drive: Shaft
Overall Length: 2450mm (96.5 in.)
Overall Width: 875mm (34.4 in.)
Overall Height: 1185mm (46.7 in.)
Seat Height: 705mm (27.8 in.)
Ground Clearance: 130mm (5.1 in.)
Wheelbase: 1710mm (67.3 in.)
Dry Weight: 319 kg (703 lbs.)
Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped, 7 way adjustable spring pre-load
Brakes Front: Dual hydraulic disc
Brakes Rear: Single hydraulic disc
Tires Front: 130/70R18 M/C 63V
Tires Rear: 240/40R18 M/C 79V
Fuel Tank Capacity: 19.5 liter (5.2 gal.)
Color: Black, Gray, Orange